PDA

View Full Version : BOG standing in line "?"

Pocahontas
02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
We will be at WDW in a few week and want to try Be Our Guest for lunch. My question - is it acceptable for just one person in our family (5 people) to stand in line for this while the others do something else and then meet back up when near the front of the line? Obviously this would never be acceptable for a ride line, but is it okay for this lunch service line since we would all be at one kiosk together to order?

BigRedDad
02-14-2013, 12:50 PM
I think it is completely acceptable if you don't have to get back up in the line. If you have to get back up in the line, it is an inconvenience for everyone. Simply have the 1 person with all the food orders. Then, meet back up when seated at a table.

magicofdisney
02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
The line moves relatively quickly. However, people were doing this exact thing while I was there last week.

Honestly, it bugged me. It's frustrating to think you're closer to the entrance than reality dictates because half of the families in front of you have members not in line.

The walkway is divided by a rope. Entering is on the right and a CM stands towards the end on the left monitoring traffic. They also seemed unhappy with family coming back and forth but no one stopped it. I think protocol should follow the same as ride lines.

Pocahontas
02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
So your family can go in to sit down and get a table while one person is ordering? Is there plenty of places to sit? I wouldn't want to take up table space before actually ordering if it means others wouldn't have a place to eat.

Strmchsr
02-14-2013, 01:53 PM
So your family can go in to sit down and get a table while one person is ordering? Is there plenty of places to sit? I wouldn't want to take up table space before actually ordering if it means others wouldn't have a place to eat.

No. You go and order first and then find a place to sit down. I think what the PP was saying is if you get everyone's orders you could go to the kiosk, order for everyone, find a table, and then they could come join you. I'm not sure if that's possible or not. I don't know if the CMs would let you in without your whole party being with you. I saw them at dinner turning away guests when their buzzer rang and the rest of their party was off somewhere else. Essentially that guest was put back in the queue and had to wait again.

As stated, I don't think there's a policy against it, but it really does create some chaos to have people get out of line and try to come back through because of the way the line is set up. Plus, you don't know how long you'll be waiting. Could be 20 min or 45 min. The line moves at various speeds.

Melanie
02-14-2013, 01:55 PM

You cannot go sit down while one person orders. Everyone has to be in on the ordering process.

There are 3 dining rooms, one quite large and the other 2 a good size as well. Compared to other CS in the MK, there is a lot of seating.

Crow
02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
i ate there last wk..long line.
they did hand out menus to look at while waiting in line, then when u go thru the hallway w suits of armor there are menus to look at before getting to the kiosks.
didnt get to pick own table as they were seating people. you got your own drinks at beverage station and utensils, they brought your food.
it was not bad food but i dont know if i would wait in that line again.
I think the whole family should stay together to wait.

Scrappy2
02-16-2013, 07:36 PM
We ate there back in November and there was a cast member standing about where the rope starts. He was telling all member of the party had to be there. They were not letting anyone cut to the front of the line.

Pocahontas
02-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Looks like we'll all stand in line together and hopefully get there early enough before the line is too long!

southerngirl
02-18-2013, 10:18 AM
We ate there in early January. DH and DS (age 4) waited in the line while I took DD (just turned one) on The Little Mermaid ride. The line for lunch was really long, and they don't let you bring strollers in it, and trust me when I say that there was no way that DD would have made it, or anyone around us would have been happy, if we'd all stood in line for lunch. She's just too much of a wiggle worm right now to hold still for 20 minutes of waiting. By the time that DD and I got off the ride about 15 minutes later, DH and DS were standing at the front of the line for lunch. The CMs were extremely kind and had no problem letting me walk up the exit line over the bridge to join them, and the CMs working at the front of the line just had them stand off to the side to wait for us to join. DH said they'd only been there about 3 minutes before we joined them. We then all walked in together. You do all have to be together to actually enter the castle building and order.

Just FYI, if both of my kids had been of the age where they could have waited in line, or if I'd been allowed to bring a stroller, we would have all stood together and waited. I know it drives me nuts when people who are able to wait choose to run off and do something else and then cut the line at the very end in front of all of us who have been patiently standing there. But, I also sympathize with people who have young children or mobility issues who can't stand for long periods of time and have to have someone act as a place holder for them.