PDA

View Full Version : Dining suggestion to help celebrate 2yo Birthday

honeybear
02-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Hello Intercot! After a 7 year break I am FINALLY going back to Disney. The Day we arrive will be my Baby Bear's 2nd birthday. I am trying to think of somewhere to celebrate her birthday. I thought of the backyard BBQ, because she loves music and dancing, but there is no show on that day so I need suggestions. We are kind of partial to Minnie Mouse because she has long lashes like Minnie and she is a tiny tot. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

Mickey'sGirl
02-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello Intercot! After a 7 year break I am FINALLY going back to Disney. The Day we arrive will be my Baby Bear's 2nd birthday. I am trying to think of somewhere to celebrate her birthday. I thought of the backyard BBQ, because she loves music and dancing, but there is no show on that day so I need suggestions. We are kind of partial to Minnie Mouse because she has long lashes like Minnie and she is a tiny tot. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!
I think the best Minnie Mouse interaction is at Cape May at the Beach Club. You will also find her at Chef Mickey's :thumbsup:

honeybear
02-14-2013, 01:14 PM
Okay Cape May and Chef Mickey's. What about a Dinner show. Is the BBQ the only one at Disney?

AgentC
02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
The dinner shows do not have the traditional characters except for Mickey's Barbecue.

Your other choices are the Luau at the Polynesian or the Hoop De Doo Revue (wild west show with music and corny jokes). I have not been to either but the overall opinions I have read are that the Hoop De Doo is worth it but the Luau is not. Both of them require prepayment.

I have done multiple birthdays at Disney for my kids. When they were younger, I pretty much stuck to character meals and making sure the birthday is noted on the reservation and making sure the server knew.

In most places they offer a birthday cupcake and in some a little gift. For example we did Akershus for my daughter's 4th birthday and she got a card signed by all the princesses.

There are also options for a pre made cake or a custom cake. Also don't forget to get her a birthday button. Cast members (and some guests) will be wishing her a happy birthday everywhere she goes.

Have fun!

chefmickey3
02-14-2013, 03:44 PM
I would vote Chef Mickey's. She can dance with the characters during the little music show. Plenty of food choices. Make sure you tell Minnie that you came to see her and that it is your DD favorite character. We have had a lot of fun here with our young children.

honeybear
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Okay. It looks like Chef Mickey's is in the lead. I have never been to Cape May Cafe though. I might be in the mood for something new.
Thank you all for your suggestions. If there are any more, please feel free. We are not tied to Minnie Mouse. I Don't think she really knows the difference one way or the other. So all suggestions are welcome; even non Minnie Mouse places. Also, where do you get the buttons, are they given to you when you get to the restaurant?

AgentC
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Are you staying on site? If so you can get one at check in at the hotel.

If not they are available at guest services at all the parks and Downtown Disney.

I like Cape May. It is smaller than Chef Mickey's and I think less chaotic. It is also less expensive. Characters are only at breakfast. It is Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

Garden Grill at Epcot is a nice dinner. It has Mickey, Pluto , Chip and Dale. The lower area has big semi circle booths that make it feel quite private.

If she likes princesses, I think Akershus is the best deal. They do all three meals. They do a parade with the princesses.

My personal favorite is breakfast at Ohana. Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch and lots of Mickey waffles.

At her age you really can't go wrong.They are all fun.

honeybear
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks everyone for your resposes. Yes, we are staying on property so I will be sure to get her button when we check in since that will be her actual birthday. I don't think we will arrive in time for breakfast so we will have to do a character dinner. It looks like Chef Mickey's is the winner. Thanks Intercot for your help!

mydisneygirls
02-26-2013, 09:34 AM
I would say 1900 Park Fare. Much more character interaction, Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepmother and stepsisters. And unlike Chef Mickey's the characters actually talk so I would say it would be more exciting for her on her birthday to receive actual wishes. And, for the adults, the stepmother and stepsisters are a hoot. (Plus, in my opinion, the food is better).