PDA

View Full Version : Buffet breakfast / lunch...if you arrive at 10:55 are you charged for bfast?

lawgirl
02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
I was wondering at a character buffet like Tusker House, if your reservations are at 10:55 (which is the last breakfast seating), do you get to eat both breakfast and lunch? Don't they switch over the food to lunch at 11:00?

Are you charged for breakfast or lunch?

Just curious. I read about it on another site. I think its too early for us to eat lunch.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Yes, you get to eat both.

We had a late ADR (breakfast) at Tusker House, and the lunch food was coming out as we were finishing, and we were welcome to have what we liked.

We were charged for breakfast, not lunch.

lawgirl
02-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Hmmm...well maybe I will switch to the 10:55 time slot. I love the breakfast at Boma, and was sad we aren't fitting that in this trip. So hopefully I'll get something similar at TH, and some lunch as well!

Katzateer
02-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Hmmm...well maybe I will switch to the 10:55 time slot. I love the breakfast at Boma, and was sad we aren't fitting that in this trip. So hopefully I'll get something similar at TH, and some lunch as well!

Be sure to check the serving times -some dining closes between breakfast and lunch ( and lunch and dinner).

We have enjoyed both meals at Hollywood and Vine. Nice to sample from each menu.

lawgirl
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
It seems like there is a 5 minute break between lunch and dinner...Im not sure why they do it that way?

lawgirl
02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Sorry meant between breakfast and lunch. Last seating for breakfast is 10:55; lunch starts at 11:00.

Katzateer
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
It just gives them a time to take away the breakfast pans and put out lunch. If anyone in your party wants some of the breakfast items be sure and get them about 10-15 minutes before lunch or you may be out of luck. I think they take away breakfast rolls (like cinnamon) last and put out desserts last but the eggs, etc. get taken out even if the pans are full when it is time to switch to lunch.

Hollywood and Vine seemed to be a location we got a little of both meals when the girls were younger. And my MIL really liked getting breakfast and lunch items so we would try to book around 10:30 am.

lawgirl
02-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks for all the info! I've never had this situation before, so I've just been curious as to how it will work. I don't think we've ever done a buffet like this one.

I appreciate your input! It makes sense now.