PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Safari

DisneyFr33k
02-13-2013, 10:30 AM
We love the new, educational, safari ride at Animal Kingdom. Anyone else like the change too?

ransam
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
it was nice. I kind of miss the show part of it though.

EJS-Houston
02-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I must have missed this. We were there this past November and it was the same Kilamanjaro Safari I'd seen the last 4 visits. What have they changed, if you don't mind my asking?

MickeysBestPal
02-14-2013, 04:26 PM
I must have missed this. We were there this past November and it was the same Kilamanjaro Safari I'd seen the last 4 visits. What have they changed, if you don't mind my asking?

No more Big Red/Little Red.
No poachers.
No Miss Jobson.
No Ranger Wilson Matua flying in the plane.

DisneyFr33k
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM

It was just purely educational, which we appreciated (never like the poacher angle) A little rough bridge excitement was thrown in for those "thrill seekers".

BuffaloJason
02-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I definitely thought it was an improvement. The inclusion of a few audio-animatronic animals amoungst all the real ones always seemed out of place to me. Did you see zebras at the end of your safari? I had heard that real zebras were replacing the old animatronics but there was nothing but empty space there last week.

DonaldDuckUSA
02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I liked the little show element and even though it we weren't really hunting down poachers, I thought it was still very educational. You learned about poaching and how special wildlife really is and it gave the ride a nice story arch. At the end of the day, it's no big deal for me. I love the ride.