PDA

View Full Version : Diner help

Scrappy2
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Which restaurant would you recommend for dinner? YAk and Yeti or Boma? We have not tried either one before.

chefmickey3
02-12-2013, 09:38 PM
I haven't tried Yak and Yeti. My DSs would not like the food. Boma is one of our favorites on Disney property. The variety is great and the opportunity to try new and different foods but also have some comfort foods makes it a winner all around. Plus, the atmosphere at AKL is great! You can view the animals after dinner. I vote Boma!

SBETigg
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Boma is a tad more unique and creative as far as food goes. The soups! So good. But Yak and Yeti is good if you would rather not leave the park. I always enjoy the break from parks to explore Animal Kingdom Lodge. Sanaa is also an excellent choice.

Kairi_7378
02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I would also give an edge to Boma. It's worth it to have an excuse to visit AKL.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-13-2013, 08:16 AM
We've also had a great meal at Boma. DH enjoyed the different flavours and food, and there was more than enough for picky me!

Plus, AKL is beautiful!

vicster
02-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Boma

emerzmom
02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Have not tried Yak and Yeti yet...we have ADR's for our upcoming trip. Boma is wonderful it is a great reason to visit AKL. Enjoy!
:tink:
Julie

PlutoPlanet
02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
I haven't tried Yak and Yeti. My DSs would not like the food. Boma is one of our favorites on Disney property. The variety is great and the opportunity to try new and different foods but also have some comfort foods makes it a winner all around. Plus, the atmosphere at AKL is great! You can view the animals after dinner. I vote Boma!

Agreed. Boma is different from restaurants back home. The quality of the food is great too.

ThanxForNoticin
02-19-2013, 12:46 PM
These are 2 of our favorite restaurants at Disney. Both are great choices - but we'd have a lean slightly toward Boma. There's more variety and the chance to try so many different things in smaller portions! Enjoy.

EJS-Houston
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM
I've tried both...and while Yak and Yeti is fine, it's part of the Landry's chain, and not especially unique. Boma, on the other hand, is one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney World.

crazygoalie39
02-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Boma, if not for any reason other than to just visit AKL.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Boma! Great soups, good choice, some cool and different stuff, zebra domes and bread pudding!

Also, it's fun to check out AKL. If you time it right, you can see the animals in the Savannah before dinner during daylight, eat dinner, then see the animals in the Savannah with the night vision goggles after dinner. And you must sit around the huge campfire in the big rocking chairs for at least a few minutes! Such an amazing and memorable experience! :camp:

Crow
02-21-2013, 10:53 PM
I was at both a few wks ago, but only the bar at Y&Y this trip. I had eaten there on previous trips few yrs ago and liked it.
Boma was good this trip. Its a slightly exp buffet but AKL is a nice resort...Id prob lean a little towards it for the chance to see AKL with the animals and nice gift shop.