PDA

View Full Version : Disney nightmares?

dobby2010
02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Last night I had a nightmare about a last minute disney trip with my extended family. I dreamt that we left so quickly I had no time to make adrs and once at the resort (POFQ seemingly inhabited by ghosts as well) the Internet was too slow to make them and I was so upset that now we wouldn't be able to eat anywhere, lol! Also none of my family wanted to go to the parks they just wanted to sleep at the hotel. What a crazy dream! My husband thought I was crazy when I told him about it this morning when I woke up!

Has this ever happened to anyone else or am I the only crazy one haha!

DVC2004
02-12-2013, 03:11 PM
LOL! Glad it was just a dream!

I had to think for a minute but, yes, I actually did have one that I can remember. I worked for Disney right around the time they were getting ready to open AK Villas (DVC). I got to stay one night in a studio in Jambo house as a "test stay" for free. I was alone, and it usually takes me a little while to get used to sleeping somewhere new but especially by myself. I remember before I fell asleep I kept hearing the people in the room next door being loud, and I was having a hard time dozing off.

So anyway I finally fell asleep and I started to dream except in my dream, I was in the same room and woke up in the middle of the night. The room was super dark and I felt like someone was watching me and then my eyes adjusted and there was a figure at the foot of my bed, wearing a hoodie and holding up a huge knife. I couldn't see his face just a silohouette. Anyway I was scared and I thought, "Did he see me?" and then I thought maybe if I just was still he would leave. LOL and then I woke up. It was a jarring dream. Didn't love my free night at AKV!

Melanie
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
(POFQ seemingly inhabited by ghosts as well)

You're not crazy - have you ever been in that food court? It IS inhabited by ghosts. :eek: :funny:

Seriously though, can't say I've ever had a Disney nightmare. :secret:

dobby2010
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Yikes your dream sounds scary! Glad mine was only frightening in terms of lack of adrs.

Funny thing is I've never been to POFQ before! Must be all the planning videos and such I've been watching for our next trip!

DVC2004
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
I have never stayed at AKV since! :mickey:

Your dream sounded better. What was happening (if you remember) at POFQ that you knew it was haunted?

SBETigg
02-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I have had Disney nightmares. Disney World never looks quite right in them. I can't remember any specifically, but I've woken up feeling disturbed, which should never happen at WDW.

It happens when I'm planning too obsessively, I guess. Disney on my mind too much when I fall asleep.

dobby2010
02-12-2013, 04:14 PM
I have never stayed at AKV since! :mickey:

Your dream sounded better. What was happening (if you remember) at POFQ that you knew it was haunted?

I don't blame you! There was haunted mansion type ghosts trying to keep us from getting to our room. They looked like people but dusty and old if that makes sense

gerald72
02-12-2013, 10:49 PM
I had a dream we overslept on our Animal Kkngdom day.
Now each trip I wonder if it'll come true.

Dopey's Girl
02-12-2013, 10:55 PM
You're not crazy - have you ever been in that food court? It IS inhabited by ghosts. :eek: :funny:

Seriously though, can't say I've ever had a Disney nightmare. :secret:

Those creepy masks have come up in dreams of mine. So horrible!

Disney4us2
02-13-2013, 02:35 AM
My nightmare was before we even got to WDW. We were on the plane and I discovered I left my netbook at home. I told them to turn around so I could pick it up. Crazy dreams.... Next morning I made sure everything I needed was in my carry on bag.

AmandaChan
02-17-2013, 02:11 PM
I've had dreams like that too! Usually when I dream of WDW it looks absolutely nothing like the actual park. But it always looks the same that it did in previous dreams. And I always am with my mom (who passed 10 years ago) and we only have like 2 days and it stresses me out. The last time I dreamt about it we were on this boat ride that wouldn't work. But of course it looked nothing like the actual boat rides there are.

January-2007
02-18-2013, 09:15 PM
I used to have nightmares that I would forget all my money when we went or forget something real important, but since travelling with DH and DS, especially in our own car, I worry a lot less because I know we can pick things up that we forget and we have credit cards and stuff, not like when I was little and only had cash.

Dragongirlx
02-19-2013, 04:24 AM
I have a recurring dream that we get all the way to the airport and I realise I have forgotten my passport and have to go all the way back home to get it and nearly miss the plane. Then when I get there my sister who comes with me keeps disappearing off to do other things when we should be boarding.
Happens every year about 2 weeks before we fly out.

dobby2010
02-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Any intercotees psychoanalysts? Would be interesting to determine what these all mean. Though I think in my case it's my type a personality and perfectionism making its way to my subconscious!

BriarRose0708
03-11-2013, 09:12 AM
I had one last night! Not an actual nightmare with monsters and bad guys, but I dreamt my mom, sister and I went down during spring break with no ADRs! Then throughout the dream more family kept joining us and we had nowhere to eat. I kept trying to make reservations but they system wasn't working or something would happen and I got distracted. I woke up thinking "thank goodness it was just a dream" because I would never ever fathom going to WDW without my ADRs, lol!

SBETigg
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I had one last night! Not an actual nightmare with monsters and bad guys, but I dreamt my mom, sister and I went down during spring break with no ADRs! Then throughout the dream more family kept joining us and we had nowhere to eat. I kept trying to make reservations but they system wasn't working or something would happen and I got distracted. I woke up thinking "thank goodness it was just a dream" because I would never ever fathom going to WDW without my ADRs, lol!

This is the nightmare of a true Disney fan/planner. Glad you were only dreaming. :D

dobby2010
03-11-2013, 09:49 AM

Sounds a lot like mine! Funny what goes on in our brain when we sleep!

BriarRose0708
03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
This is the nightmare of a true Disney fan/planner. Glad you were only dreaming. :D

Or an over-planner who is always concerned about her next meal!