PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews Beware Character Heavy

Airblue1
02-12-2013, 09:08 AM
I am going to rate our dining from our latest trip, 2/5-2/10, experiences on a scale from 1-10. Check in time, wait staff, food quality, character interaction, price and ambiance.
2/6-Tusker House
7.5/10
Wait staff was not the best this time.
I do not like pic with Donald at the beginning. Would rather see him table to table.
Food is standard but a little more thematical than most. Would go back!

Be Our Guest Dinner
7/10
Cool place, not a big fan of the menu. Beast was there:) Wait staff was good. Beer and Wine in MK. But nothing special but the new smell:)

2/7 Chef Mickey's Breakfast
6.5/10
What is this place really? A corner of a hotel with characters and a buffet line? You can see these same characters elsewhere and better interaction. Why do you get a picture with a plastic Mickey is beyond me. Not a fan of the hype of this place.

Firework Terrace Party in Tomorrowland
10/10
Fireworks, Dessert C'mon Man

2/8 Minnie Breakfast at Cape May
8/10
Very good, small, great interaction, pay attention to detail. Not really a sense of entitlement from the guests.

2/9 Garden Grill Dinner
8.5/10
This is a great spot. Everything really goes well at this dining spot. You get a piece of everything, plus it is characters at dinner which is hard to come by in the worlds. Def. a great place to check out.

2/10 Crystal Palace Breakfast
6/10
Really nothing to see here. Pooh and Tigger are reachable everywhere in the parks. Getting into MK early is why we go, but they do not even check so we figure it best to not make ressies for CP and just simply act as if we do when we get to ticketing. CP is very standard. We are not HUGE fans.

Any questions please ask!
Thanks

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
thanks for the reviews

SBETigg
02-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Why did you book so many character meals if you're not a big fan of them? Or were you a fan and then changed your mind with this trip? Not what you expected with the food or interactions?

Airblue1
02-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Great ?
We had such a great response from our DD the 1st time we took her in May. So we decided for this trip to book another round. However, we found ourselves seeking out characters as we walked through the parks. Our assessment was simply she got more time with characters at the meet and greet than at the resturants, plus Disney Photo pass so i could watch and enjoy her experiences. Thus, allowing us to take a deeper dive into our chracter meals. From our perspective and assessment that is how the review was placed.
*BTW we use Disney Rewards Dollars so our meals are free. But I take it as if we were paying opp.

SBETigg
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Great ?
We had such a great response from our DD the 1st time we took her in May. So we decided for this trip to book another round. However, we found ourselves seeking out characters as we walked through the parks. Our assessment was simply she got more time with characters at the meet and greet than at the resturants, plus Disney Photo pass so i could watch and enjoy her experiences. Thus, allowing us to take a deeper dive into our chracter meals. From our perspective and assessment that is how the review was placed.
*BTW we use Disney Rewards Dollars so our meals are free. But I take it as if we were paying opp.

Thanks. I haven't done a character meal in a while, so I was curious. Every now and then, I think about doing one and then I usually opt against them because most are buffets and I'm not big on buffets. I appreciate your sharing your reviews with us.

Tigerinvestigator
02-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Yep we love Garden Grill. I agree it has a little bit of everything. You have a variety of meats and food, great one on one character interaction, a revolving floor, and views of Living with the land boatride. Just an enjoyable place to spend a meal with the family.:thumbsup:

lawgirl
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the reviews! We have Donald's Lunch Buffet at Tusker House, CM's and GG booked for this upcoming trip. I have heard so many mixed reviews about CM's...I'm hoping it won't be horrible, it's mostly for my son to see some characters at dinner, without being at the parks. I'm not going with any high expectations of the food at all. I hope I don't regret it.

I am most looking forward to GG! I'm so glad to hear your good review! The Land Pavillion has always been one of my favorite places (my grandfather was a farmer, and we still have the farm). It just looks like such a cool place. Cannot wait for that one!

And my dad and I went to Tusker House a LONG time ago, back when it was a CS place. We have always loved it, but haven't been since they changed to character buffet. Really looking forward to it as well.

Thanks again!

Airblue1
02-12-2013, 08:56 PM
GG was a delightful surprise. It truly is a cool spot. I just feel some of the others are a little played out in comparison to places such as GG or TH. If it was a very very very busy time I would say do Characters meals so the kids can get their time with the characters. For Sure. However, if it is a moderate to less busy time you will have the same luck with meet and greets as you would dining with the characters and it is a heck of a lot cheaper:))

beksy
02-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the reviews...its been awhile since I've been to these so have been thinking about going again.

emerzmom
02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these dining experiences. Helpful!
:tink:
Julie