PDA

View Full Version : Give me ideas

PixieMagic
02-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm in a rut of choosing the same restaurants over and over and over.... so... you tell me, what are your favorite non-epcot table service restaurants for two adults and a 2 year old.... and go!

Kenny1113
02-11-2013, 09:36 PM
I have never taken a toddler, but Boma is my favorite restaurant in all of WDW.

disneydeb
02-11-2013, 09:54 PM
We love Boma and OHana. :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-12-2013, 01:15 AM
My DH favourite is Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness. It's a fun boat ride from the MK and the food is great- fried chicken, ribs, pizza.

I know that it gets slammed a lot on here, but we love the Coral Reef in Epcot. The atmosphere is so pretty with the fish tank and we love the rainbow trout entree and the chocolate wave or Baileys and Jack Daniels mousse for dessert. I know that you said no Epcot restaurants, but your toddler would love the fish tank.

Kona Cafe is great too. Yummy steak and the Kona Cone for dessert (ice cream cone with cotton candy around the base).

Other faves:

50s Prime Time
Artist Point at WL (amazing, 2 credits on DDP)
Cali Grill
Boma is our favourite buffet in WDW

Have a great time and let us know what you decide! :eat:

CuteAsMinnie
02-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Grand Flordian Cafe

And of course, Crystal Palace

:mickey:

megustamex
02-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Another vote for Boma!

samandbrismom
02-12-2013, 12:39 PM
If you love seafood, I vote for Cape May at Beach Club!!

SBETigg
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Sanaa
Grand Floridian Cafe
Kouzzina
'Ohana (breakfast with characters or dinner without)

lawgirl
02-12-2013, 05:55 PM
We've taken our 2.5 YO son several times the past year, and he's done really well at the restaurants. And he is definitely more on the active side, so if he can sit through a meal, I think you'll be good.

Ohana for breakfast was awesome. We had a really good server, and we thought the food was great, esp for the price.

Sanaa is really cool, we've only been at dinner, but I imagine at lunch its esp cool to see the animals. And the food is amazing.

We love Boma as well.

For our upcoming trip in April we have Chef Mickeys, Tusker House Character lunch at AK, Garden Grill, and we'll probably go to Sanaa or Boma.

snowflakegirl
02-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I've never gone with a toddler, so I can't speak to that part.

Another vote for Boma, here..Hands down one of my favorites. We also did breakfast at Tusker House which we enjoyed. I'm a sucker for characters, so we enjoyed Chef Mickey's for that aspect (and the mashed potatoes) but the food is in general mediocre. 50s Prime Time can be fun.

Lindsey310
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
We are trying Sanaa for the first time next month. I will let you know on that one. :thumbsup:

Boma, Ohana, cape may cafe for breakfast, and chef mickeys. :eat:

Kairi_7378
02-12-2013, 09:12 PM
We have taken DS to Artists' Point, CA Grill, Kouzzina, Kona Cafe, and Sanaa. All of these were hits (except for Kona, which he slept through. But the waitress gave us a loaf of bread to give him for when he woke up!)

My husband and I prefer signature-style dining at WDW, and tend to pick places more for food than theme, but these restaurants tend to have a nice balance of both worlds.

c&d
02-13-2013, 08:58 AM
When our son around 3 we took him to Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's. We like Trail's End, The Plaza, Artist Point and Narcoossee's. For fun, SciFi.

emerzmom
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
I have also never been with a 2 yr old however I would think that Chef Mickey and 'Ohana would be a good choice as there is a lot of fun activities including singing, dancing, and character interaction.
Enjoy!
:tink:
Julie

Crow
02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
i go to Epcot mostly..last wk i did a few meals there. otherwise last wk i went to Kona which was ok but everywhere else was so good id put it at the bottom of that trip.
Boma which was good..but exp like $36 for dinner..i did get a TIW discount though
DD..Paradiso and Raglan were both great..
idk with a toddler though.
othewise Artist Pt is a fav of mine.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Must try Yak and Yeti. Best meal in WDW 2 years running.

Airblue1
02-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Tusker House
1900 parks fare