PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan for kid 9 and under

satchel01
02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Does anybody have some good suggestions for kids 9 and under on the dining plan to give them more variety? Most places only have 2-3 offerings for kids so what do you do if your kids don't like mac n cheese or PBJ's? Are they just stuck eating chicken nuggets and hot dogs all week?
Are there any places where kids can pick from the adult options or have better choices? I know buffets are a good option for the table service options, I"m looking for counter service ideas in each park that have better choices for kids.
thanks!

Camaro305
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Counter service credits are grouped into one pool. Table service are separated by child and adult. I think it is okay to just order an adult entree for the 9 year old at a counter service location.

Jeri
02-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Counter service credits are grouped into one pool. Table service are separated by child and adult. I think it is okay to just order an adult entree for the 9 year old at a counter service location.

I am pretty sure they are not grouped that way. When we went last time it stated that we had 3 adults and 1 child. At counter service locations we had to pick from the child menu for him. I think you can only get adult offerings if they don't offer child meals.
I would check out different places, because there are other choices. We found some great options other then Chicken Nuggets & such.

Camaro305
02-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I am pretty sure they are not grouped that way. When we went last time it stated that we had 3 adults and 1 child. At counter service locations we had to pick from the child menu for him. I think you can only get adult offerings if they don't offer child meals.
I would check out different places, because there are other choices. We found some great options other then Chicken Nuggets & such.

You know what, I apologize. I was thinking snacks. Sorry!! :-o

DizneyRox
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
If you don't like the child options, you can always list them on your reservation as an adult. They will also need an adult ticket and if you are paying for the plan, there's a significant difference in price between the two, but that's why there's more choice on the adult plan.

Or, forgo the dining plan and pay out of pocket. You can do anything you want then. Unfortunately, the menus are the same. I wish they offered a DDP and a regular menu.

BriarRose0708
02-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Try the counter services at the World Showcase countries. I've noticed the kid's meals have more variety there, as well as at Sunshine Seasons in The Land. Also, most adult portions at Counter Service are humungous, so you can order a kid's meal and if your child is still hungry or doesn't like their choice, you can share off the adult entree.

mechanic
02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
World showcase is great advice. All the cs have kids menu offerings of their food.

satchel01
02-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the ideas. Sunshine Seasons is a good option at Epcot, and looking for counter services that don't have kid options is also a good idea.

Niecyboo
02-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I have very unconventional kids, so I try to keep my eye out for restaurants with nicer kid's meals. At Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree has a baked chicken leg and Yak and Yeti has Vegetable Lo Mein or an egg roll for a kid's meal. Epcot has the best choices but they been mentioned. The new menu at Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom sounds good for kids. In Downtown Disney we usually do Cooke's of Dublin which has sausages, fish or shrimp for kids. They are all deep fried, but they are good. They have also worked with my son, who has shellfish allergy, to make sure he can eat something good their too (they'll fry his fish in a special cooker).

kakn7294
02-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Or, you can do what we did. Several times, my kid ate the adult entree and got stuck eating the kid's entree. Not so much fun unless you want to eat PB&J, chicken nuggets, or a hot dog.