PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes, I've Made a Few....

MouseHouser
02-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Even when the visit is a smashing success, I often find there's room for improvement.

Ever do too much, leading to someone melting down; or under-dress for the weather, so that to this day you shiver at the thought of that park; or leave out certain attractions, so that someone in your party still secretly harbors mild feelings of having been gypped...?

I could go on and on, but how about you?

MickeysBestPal
02-10-2013, 07:57 AM
There is often a choice of transportation to your next destination.

Picking the "wrong" one (which encounters an unexpected delay) can make a difference in getting there on time, or missing your show, etc.

K8screen
02-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Mistakes?? Where to start!!
The one I must mention is the one I make several times each trip. We park in the parking lot, so keen and excited to start our park day. Oh look, theres a tram, if we rush we'll just make it, yes OF COURSE we'll remember where we left the car, its about 20 along from a tree!!
Result, a tired family wandering round for ages at park closing, all blaming each other. Will we never learn?

Basket Mommy
02-10-2013, 08:06 AM
One of the reasons we love being DVC members is because of the washer/dryer in the room. Before that, though, we used to use the machines at the hotels. On one of our last stays at WL we had a hard time getting the clothes dry, so we took our damp clothing out of the dryer & back to the room. We hung stuff everywhere & cranked up the heat. We came back that evening to a super hot room & still slightly damp clothing. This was in January. The next day the clothes still weren't 100% dry, but we had to wear them. That morning it was in the high 30s. It was miserable. I was also about 12 weeks pregnant, with morning sickness & didn't manage to keep down a dinner from Whispering Canyon (though, my husband got sick from that, too, so it probably wasn't just me!)

To this day, when I sit down to plan which DVC property we'll stay at, VWL is always last on my list, because the thought of staying there still makes me shiver remembering how cold we were. And although it was dinner that made us sick, hubby still isn't ready to eat any meals at Whispering Canyon quite yet. The baby I was pregnant with just turned 8 in September!

We made the mistake of staying at All Star Movies once. I know people love the value resorts, but we just like a little more room for our family of 6. Even though we got adjoining rooms, we felt like we were in a shoebox. That was the trip that we took the DVC tour. We were in the room with papers in front of us, but hubby didn't have his debit card or checkbook for the deposit (the tour was a last minute thing for us). Thank goodness we didn't have those; we went home, did some research & bought a twice the points for half the price through resale!

ANG
02-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Our first trip we never made ADRs. Our travel agent didn't mention we could and as a result we had super long waits at restaurants.

beksy
02-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Not a huge mistake but one my Dsis still won't let me live down...on our first trip alone to Disney (just us without our parents) AND the first time staying at a Disney resort we went with CBR. I had NO idea how big the resort was till we got there. Naturally we were on a far-off island and had to walk across the island to reach the food court to refill our mugs. The walk was pleasant but bugs were everywhere...and someone forgot to pack bug spray and suntan lotion saying "it's February, we won't need it!" :oops: Then on our last day we rode around on a bus and all the way to a park before I realized there is an internal bus to get to the check-in building. :bang: Naturally we had also overslept and had forgotten to pick up a package at the gift shop that had to be packed so the day was stressful enough already. To top it off, I totally forgot we would need ID to get our flight passes so there went another trip around the internal bus system! :ill: My Dsis just had to ride BTMRR one more time and we had park tickets for the day planning on getting up early and going for a few hours so we hit MK only to end up just missing the bus back to our resort and therefore missing our DME bus! :shake: Dsis still won't stay at CBR again :crazy:

SBETigg
02-10-2013, 11:33 AM
My mistakes usually involve the water rides, to skip them and avoid getting wet only to regret not taking that last ride later, or to go on and get wet only to never dry off comfortably for awhile. I'm not a fan of walking around wet, but I do love Splash Mountain. And going on with a poncho is never a satisfying solution somehow.

BigRedDad
02-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Overspending for a Deluxe resort. We do not spend enough time for $250-$500 a night for a place to sleep, shower, and go.

SandmanGStefani24
02-10-2013, 02:29 PM
my mistakes, as I see them...

1. Overplanning. Trip #3 I planned my trip to death, and when one thing goes not as planned, it falls like dominoes. Now, zero or bare minimum planning and I wing it. Have never missed anything or had a problem since.

2. Forgot a gift at the park. Last trip I bought a bottle of wine and was told it would be waiting for me at the exit/guest relations area of Epcot. At the end of the day, tired, stuffed, and very sad to be leaving knowing i was going home the next day, I made it to the car and drove home. I got all the way to the McDonalds near the All Stars before remembering. I broke several speed limits getting back to the park before it closed and a very nice security guard let me in the exit to get it. Whew!

3. Late ADR without research. I was very excited to eat at Bistro De Paris, and got the latest seating available as I knew I would be eating a lot being F&W time and all. Anyway, the meal was ok, but where I was seated I missed all the fireworks, and when I got out all the rides were closed and there was nothing to do. I kind of felt gipped and like I was forced to leave as everything was closed, even the shops. I'd rather have gotten a snack and rode a few more rides than eaten there. It wasn't bad, just eh. Some time on Intercot would have saved me from that...

MrPeetrie
02-10-2013, 03:41 PM
I've made my share of mistakes (over-planning / under-planning / airline choices), but one really sticks out.

It was just my wife and I on vacation as we hadn't had children yet. On our arrival day, we had ADRs at the Rainforest Cafe in Animal Kingdom (our tradition to start a trip). We closed the park, went back to our room for a change, and went to Downtown Disney for dinner and shopping. The next day, we spent the whole day at Epcot. It was Flower and Garden Show, which was beautiful, and I wanted to stay for Illuminations so we closed the park. On Day 3, we went to Hollywood Studios (then Disney-MGM). Again, we stayed until the end for Fantasmic.

On Day 4 we finally went to the Magic Kingdom for the first time that trip. I remember my wife saying, "It finally feels like we've arrived." I didn't realize it until she said that, but she was right. Not going to the Magic Kingdom on our first full day on property didn't seem right. I thought I'd shake things up a bit. Instead, our trip felt cheapened.

Since that trip, we've always made the Magic Kingdom our first full day on property.

:)

PETE FROM NYC
02-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I've made my share of mistakes (over-planning / under-planning / airline choices), but one really sticks out.

On Day 4 we finally went to the Magic Kingdom for the first time that trip. I remember my wife saying, "It finally feels like we've arrived." I didn't realize it until she said that, but she was right. Not going to the Magic Kingdom on our first full day on property didn't seem right. I thought I'd shake things up a bit. Instead, our trip felt cheapened.

Since that trip, we've always made the Magic Kingdom our first full day on property.

Us, Too.
Magic Kingdom is DISNEY.
Always our first, and last park.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
On our first trip we didn't make ADR's because we didn't know about it.

We took a trip in January and looked at historical weather and only packed lightweight clothes. It was freezing we had to go buy my son sweatshirts.

I have both underplanned and overplanned trips/I am learning though

PlutoPlanet
02-11-2013, 07:53 PM
The first time we went we booked a Character breakfast every morning. One was a Cape May in the Beach Club. We had no idea how hard it was to get from the Wilderness Lodge to the Beach Club in the morning. You just can't get from Resort to Resort in the morning.

VWL Mom
02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
One mistake that I've made many times is taking the bus to DTD. There's the trip from WL that took over 1 hour, the 40 minute wait from BLT, and most recently while staying at the Poly having 2 buses stop to tell us there was no room. We ended up taking a cab ($21) and will do so from now on. Cab there, bus back, problem solved!

MouseHouser
02-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks for your replies, which I find very instructive. I see that transportation has more than its share of pitfalls.

As far as the deluxe resorts go, we too cannot justify the stratospheric pricing. And this comes from someone who has stayed in them and adored it, but only for short term and as a splurge. However, for those who can easily afford them, or who simply find them worth the financial sacrifice, I certainly understand.

Waiting too long to visit Magic Kingdom: Ha, I couldn’t agree more. Main Street, USA, and the castle, especially at night, IS Disney to me too. I’ll never forget the magic of seeing it for the first time as a kid.

Over-planning, under-dressing, getting wet, forgetting where we parked, failing to make ADRs – yep, done all of these. But visiting Intercot has really helped smooth out the experience for us.

c&d
02-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Stayed at Sports for one night while waiting to check into VWL. It was cheerleading time, they were running around banging on doors at 2 am. I will never stay there again.

Rolling the dice in January after not getting wet on Kali, got soaked the second time. Freezing for the rest of the day.

MOJoe
02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
My biggest mistakes tend to happen when i don't follow my instincts. Knowing when to follow the plan when a distraction occurs. And knowing when to ditch the plan when circumstances demand it.
If i find myself saying, "i've got a bad feeling about this." i know i made the wrong choice.:yoda:

indytraveler
02-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Luckily I haven't had any BIG mistakes. More aggravating like, I'll never do that again. Example, wait standby for Peter Pan or Pooh.

However, on our latest visit. I didn't check the park opening time on the official Disney website, and we showed up 1/2 hour "late" instead of early. It wouldn't have been too bad except it was Christmas time and a 1/2 hour of people had beaten me to the park! Needless to say, I checked the rest of our visit and park openings were at 8am instead of normal 9am times.

azcavalier
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
I have a few:

1. I agree with the poster who said that staying in All Star Sports was a mistake. We had the worst experience there, from check-in, to the doors not recognizing our cards, and the idiot kids from a sports gorup running up and down in front of our rooms, knocking on windows late, late at night.

2. Planning TOO many TS meals in one day. We brought someone new with us, and my DW wanted to introduce her to more restaurants than we had days. So, we went to Le Cellier for lunch, and then O'hana for dinner. Ugh. Could barely eat at O'hana...and I LOVE O'hana. She tried to do it again on our last trip (with *another* new family), and I had to remind her how awful it was the previous time.

MrPeetrie
02-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Another mistake I've learned from is scheduling Epcot on a Saturday night during the Food & Wine Festival. In 2011, we had ADRs in Epcot around 6:00 p.m. When we exited the restaurant, the park was packed to capacity with less-than-Disney-like patrons. There was much stumbling and loud cursing and we exited with me placing my hands over my DD8's ears. We noticed no CMs intervening, despite some guests being overly intoxicated.

When we reached the bus station, we met up with other families, who stated similar reasons for their leaving. When we went back in 2012, we were sure to NOT schedule Epcot on a weekend. It was very un-Disney-like the previous year!!!!

SuzieBell
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Pretty much the same - overpacking/overplanning! :blush: Not a mistake - but a lessoned learned but more with the airlines. We always go in late summer. I usually do all the laundry early am 2 days before we leave so I won't have to do much when we get home. Last trip a torrential downpour/thunderstorm hit MCO and our bags were left outside in the rain! Neadless to say everything was SOAKED! I had to re-wash everything - some clothes were ruined. Luckily our paper souviners (maps, etc) were in a plastic bag. So from now on I will bring garbage bags and pack everything in them!:thumbsup:

MouseHouser
02-13-2013, 05:48 AM
Indytraveler, we did the same thing - didn't check the official Disney site, and showed up at the park for a 9am opening, only to find it had been open since 8am. During busy season, that's an important hour. We've come to learn that Disney park hours are very much subject to revision.

And who knew being around 1,000s of cheerleaders could be a bad thing, right? From all reports, seems it can wear on ones nerves. However, unlike lots of posters, I am not bothered by the packs of Brazilian high school kids.

MrPeetrie
02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Speaking of park hours that reminds me of another mistake I made, regarding planning:

In 2011, we scheduled nearly all our ADRs (and consequently which park we visited) around parks with extended hours. We tried to maximize our times. As it turned out, those parks were packed and attractions had long waits. We did not enjoy much of our time in parks (or bus stops) as we fought crowds each day.

In 2012, we did the opposite. We stayed away from parks with extended hours. We scheduled the Magic Kingdom on days where it closed early for MNSSHPs. We rode EVERYTHING with little wait. Our buses were lighter each morning, as well. It worked out real well.

ransam
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I think the biggest mistake i made was back in 1999. I took my gf and brother for a trip. We had plans to see Sea World, Disney, Universal, and cape kennedy just like i did when i was a kid.

on the first day we went to Cape Kennedy.
I loved that as a kid, but didn't like it when we went. I realized then that i was so much looking for dIsneyworld that made me anxious and not appreciative to Cape Kennedy. so now Disneyworld is always the first thing i do.

emerzmom
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Not sure if this counts as a "mistake" or not but thinking that I should wait a few years in between trips :mickey:
I get so "home sick" in between.
:tink:
Julie

DVC2004
02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Oh I'm sure over the years there have been many. We invited my sister and her family with us the first trip back after we bought into DVC. Our families spent the entire trip together and that was not good. She complained the whole time and told me on the plane ride home she would have liked to had more of a say in planning (even though I asked her before any plans where made where she wanted to eat, what they wanted to do, etc and we did all of the things she said!). I won't go back on a trip like that again, if they join us we will go our sep. ways and meet up for dinner. Too much togetherness!

I agree about the water rides. I have skipped so to not get wet and then rode and gotten really wet, too. I also hate walking around wet all day.

The first trip we took with the kids, who were very small at the time, we didn't rent a car and boy were we sorry. Now we always rent cars because we feel (for us) it's more convenient just to get in and go when we want.

Katzateer
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Made lots of mistakes over the years. Visiting the parks with kids we always carried an extra pair of shoes and socks in case it rained. And we always brought a large trash bag to cover stroller when going into rides. Too any times we have gone in with sunshine and walked out to a soggy stroller seat.

luvkatiebug
02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Have made many mistakes as I am an OCD planner and probably over schedule us, but the biggest is always related to pushing my kids when they are tired. We are going in July this year, and I know it will be hot and crowded and the mantra I will repeat over and over again is "you don't have to do everything, and you need to leave when the girls get cranky!" Even though they are 12 and 8 now, I know we will have to take breaks during the day at the pool and have some days off from the parks. Keep reminding me of that! :mickey:

EJS-Houston
02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Our first trip we never made ADRs. Our travel agent didn't mention we could and as a result we had super long waits at restaurants.

I've had just the opposite problem...Disney vacations where I made ADRs every night, and found myself locked into a schedule and a locale every night of the vacation. We corrected that by making no ADRs in advance this last November, only making two reservation on the day-of, and winging it with counter service the rest of the time...and I found I was MUCH happier doing that.

My2Sons
02-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Hello! This is my first visit and first post to this board. From my reading, it seems like a nice discussion group. My two biggest mistakes - one involves new sneakers. I knew I'd need good sneaks for all that walking. So I bought a nice pair - they were a hair snug, but I hadn't broken them in just yet. Well - by the end of our first day I could barely walk. I kept slipping my right shoe off every time I sat down. My more practical husband encouraged me to buy a pair of Crocs they sell in their gift shops. They were pricey but worth every penny - I had a much more comfortable trip from that point in. Note - break in new shoes well BEFORE going to the parks! :blush: Second mistake - we switched travel agents and she shorted us a day. Our old TA would get us 6 nights - but 7 day tickets. This TA got us 6 nights & 6 day tickets. Don't know how I missed it, but when we went to MK for our traditional "one last half-day of fun" - we couldn't get in. My kids were so disappointed, as was I, and I felt so badly for not having caught that. Second note - always double check ALL arrangements before going to WDW!

Nice to meet you all! Hope to figure out how to make a cool signature for my posts... See you soon!

MouseHouser
02-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Hey My2Sons, welcome! I feel for you with the ticket problem. I can picture how that could easily happen. On the brighter side, at least you did have 6 days - a nice run!

Btw, you might try Magical Journeys for booking. They happen to be affiliated with this website, but to me this is not a reason for making the referral. It so happens my experience transacting with them has always been positive.

January-2007
02-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Great thread! We went to Disneyland once in January and didn't bring any warm weather clothes and there was a heat wave, in the 80s every day and none of the stores had anything but winter clothes! Also waiting so many years to try Disney Quest and Blizzard Beach- the two best discoveries of our last trip- so fun!

JerseyDad
02-17-2013, 09:23 AM
....biggest mistake we ever made is sort of a "two-part" one, and, it was basically going to WDW with a GROUP (3 other families) of friends that:

1. On one trip, were staying off-site near Downtown Disney ....and therefore they were late for every event / meet-up / dinner reservations because of their non-accessibility to the standard Disney transportation ...and they were not eligible for Extra Magic Hours.

2. And on a separate occasion, the same group decided to actually stay on-site at POP with us ....and all I heard the ENTIRE stay was "what a cheapo place" the resort was because of the lack of things like slides at the pool, coffee in the room, no spa services or hot tubs / steam rooms / sauna ...etc. For this group...the hotel was the most important facet of the vacation because they were accustomed to room-service type accommodations. You cannot believe how much someone's constant negative energy and whining can bring down your level of vacation enjoyment.

What I learned ....very quickly ...was NEVER AGAIN will I vacation with an entourage.

irish1967
02-17-2013, 10:23 AM
My biggest mistake was allowing myself to become tour director for our group (3 families + "Grandpa" - 12 people) one year during our extended family trip.

One year, both of my brothers wanted to have one family dinner with their own family apart from the big group. No big deal, but they both kept changing their minds about where they wanted the special family dinner to be and what time. I ended up calling Disney Dining about 18 times for a 4 day trip.

Now, Grandpa and I decide where the dinners will be and I send out an email asking who will be joining us. I make the ADRs online for those meals. If anyone wants to go on their own, they are told - "the phone number for Disney Dining is ... and I recommend that you call early to ensure you get the ADR at the place and time you want to go."

Ha ha - one year my older brother decided I didn't know what I was talking about and they decided that they would "wing" their family dinner that year. They ended up at Casey's Corner for hot dogs because they couldn't get into any restaurant that appealed to them before 9:00 p.m.

MrPeetrie
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I've had just the opposite problem...Disney vacations where I made ADRs every night, and found myself locked into a schedule and a locale every night of the vacation. We corrected that by making no ADRs in advance this last November, only making two reservation on the day-of, and winging it with counter service the rest of the time...and I found I was MUCH happier doing that.

EJS-Houston, I whole-heartedly agree. Two years ago, (mostly because we tried the dining plan) we had ADRs for every night. That "Locked" us into a park or location and we couldn't adjust if the park was crowded.

In 2012, we made very few ADRs (and used the Tables in Wonderland Card instead) and had much more flexibility!

Nice observation!

Canuck Park Hopper
02-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Lessons Learned?

What has worked: Minimal Planning. Check park hours and generally plan for your days, but stay open and flexible. Minimize ADRs and build 1 hour travel to/from a park as a minimum (more if you know it is going to be a gong-show day).

What has not worked: Offering to co-ordinate in large parties. As others have mentioned, you can't please everyone all the time - so don't burden yourself trying.

Also -and this was entirely our own fault- agreeing to meet people from other parties at certain times & places. No one shows up on time and we ended up spending half our days waiting for so-and-so in order to go on ride or see show. From now on - we just suggest starting out together for the whole day or going separate ways and meeting for evening meal.

texas211
02-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I chose a value resort and didn't rent a car...

Now, moderates or better and usually get a car. IF the bus wait is too long, in the car we go.

darthmacho
02-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Plenty, I'm sure, but here's one that popped into my head right away:

Making early reservations for Crystal Palace, enjoying a nice breakfast, and then getting a jump-start on the line for Dumbo while most of the crowd is still having their bags checked at the gate: A RESOUNDING SUCCESS!

Making early reservations for Akershus, enjoying a nice breakfast, and then getting a jump-start on the line for Soarin' while most of the crowd is still having their bags checked at the gate: AN EPIC FAIL! Why? Too much distance between the two for the benefit of such a plan. We had a great breakfast, don't get me wrong, but by the time we got back to Soarin', we had criss-crossed the park twice, and there was already an hour wait!

BrowncatP
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Love reading about everyone's lessons learned. I too made the error of getting new sneakers and wearing them without a breakin period.

tiggerbuddy
02-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Me too !!:thumbsup:

had to learn the hard way...

Love reading about everyone's lessons learned. I too made the error of getting new sneakers and wearing them without a breakin period.

k10
02-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Past mistakes include many of the following previously mentioned. Adding:

-Not trying making ADRs at eateries within the resorts. You'd always tend to eat in the park you're at. But why not try the Maya Grill at the Coronado, even if that's not where you're staying?

-This leads me to, not doing the dining plan. For my style, not have it is a mistake. I like the routine of having my snack, table service and quick service per day. I will use it and abuse it, in a good way. So for me, no dining plan is a mistake.

- Not utilizing morning EMHs. Great time to get on rides that are normally 90+ minute waits. I love using EMHs to go on rides like Soarin' in Epcot, the Safari at AK, The Toy Story ride in DHS. The mornings I've skipped out on EMHs, I've always regretted.

Imalismom
03-03-2013, 05:44 PM
My biggest mistake is with extended family that complain ALL THE TIME!... I can't do this because... I can't do that because.. I don't have the money to do this (even when I am offering to pay)... when you are with someone who is constantly complaining, the trip gets old real fast - even if they are family!

MrPeetrie
03-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I have one more "sort-of" mistake.

In 2011, after a 10-day trip our plane was scheduled to depart around 6:30 p.m. I got the great idea to have breakfast at the Magic Kingdom and get ONE LAST LOOK at the castle.

We arrived on a glorious, absolutely Disney sunny morning and ate breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. We rode POTC and Haunted Mansion one last time, as well as some small stuff.

Before we knew it, the time was 12:30 and we had to head back. Leaving the Magic Kingdom on such a beautiful day, hearing "Dreams Come True" being sung at the Castle Foreground and seeing thousands of happy people preparing to enjoy their day as we turned to say goodbye for a year was UNBEARABLE!!! UNBEARABLE!!!! We all decided, "Never Again!"

In 2012, our plane departed late again. This time, we went to Downtown Disney for a lunch and some little gifts to hold us over until the next trip.

Altair
03-05-2013, 10:40 AM
seeing thousands of happy people preparing to enjoy their day as we turned to say goodbye for a year was UNBEARABLE!!! UNBEARABLE!!!! We all decided, "Never Again!"

We had the same feelings when we walked down to the International Gateway a few years ago. It was the oddest feeling watching folks inside Epcot and not being able to join them.:(

minnie04
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Mistakes?? Where to start!!
The one I must mention is the one I make several times each trip. We park in the parking lot, so keen and excited to start our park day. Oh look, theres a tram, if we rush we'll just make it, yes OF COURSE we'll remember where we left the car, its about 20 along from a tree!!
Result, a tired family wandering round for ages at park closing, all blaming each other. Will we never learn?

I was laughing just reading this. Knowing there are so many families that go through this every time they go. :D We use the alarm to find our car when we park in huge parking lots. It's a little (well a lot annoying) to all the other people when the horn or alarm is beeping, but we always find the car quick :mickey:

I would have to say our "big mistake" is leaving later in the morning. We used to leave at 5:00am and be at the hotel by 9:30/10:00am on a good mornings drive (even if we couldn’t check in till later I loved getting there early). Now that the kids are older and we have been so many times we leave around 10:00am and get there by 1:00/1:30pm sometimes later. No one is in a hurry and it drives me crazy!! I hate getting there late and starting the day in the afternoon. I know we have seen and done EVERYTHING, but I love being in the Disney area just to feel that special away from home, nothing to worry about feeling you get when you pass the gates.

Dulcee
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
New shoes before a trip is always a big one...I've learned that lesson a few times

The one from our last trip though was planning on stopping at Walmart after our flight landed and we got our rental car. I just didn't plan on us both being tired, unsure of driving in the area, not having quarters for tolls, wanting to get to the magic NOW etc. Next time we'll just have garden grocer's deliver so we don't need to think about anything but getting to the magic.

Oh and meeting up with friends in a park! I thought 6 days into a trip I'll be relaxed I can go with the flow but families have their own unique "disney" mode and ours is hard to keep up with. And I have a hard time slowing it down. It was fun seeing friends for dinner but I wouldn't share "park" time again.

GBBT
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM

There's nothing like walking under the Train Station out to Main Street and feeling like you're Walt looking at his paradise and saying this IS where I want to be the rest of my life.:cloud9:

tomatoe pie
03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
it hard to make mistakes at disney.. the biggest would be not to go at all.

i must agree that the magic kingdom is truly home for all us :mickey:mouse lovers. but if you go there first the other parks are a little lackluster. that is until you come to love them all as much as we have.:yes: as the children get older they love epot as well as the other parks. if you do the mk first, be sure to save another day of the trip to go back to mk.:yay:

we always try to go to mk or dtd early morning on the day of departure, run in and let everyone get something from the bakery on main street or one last:coaster: ride. and then everybody heads home with a last memory of their favorite.:pixie:

Daddy Mouse
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
On

We took a trip in January and looked at historical weather and only packed lightweight clothes. It was freezing we had to go buy my son sweatshirts.

I have both underplanned and overplanned trips/I am learning though

My wife might actually plan on not bringing the correct type of clothing, so she could go shopping.:D