PDA

View Full Version : positive attitude saturday

waymickey
02-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I woke this morning to Nemo's wrath and thought OK time to take the dog for a walk. As I walked I thought there are not many things that compare to walking through knee high snow, hearing the crunch under your boots, and the smell of a real wood burning fireplace in the air. But then I thought walking down the Point Pleasant boardwalk (my hometown)with the crash of the waves and the smell of the salt air is close. But what beat them both was Walking down Main Street in the MK early in the a.m., the smell of the bakery wafting out into the street, the soft music playing in the background, and the castle straight ahead is tops for me.

So what is tops on your list? Remember it is positive thoughts saturday!

DisneyorBust
02-09-2013, 10:25 AM
As I sit here listening to Epcot Main entrance music, it takes me to the walkway leading from the Epcot monorail station to the main entrance of Epcot. The sun is shining and the air is warm, park opening is just a few minutes away! DW and I are back in Epcot, it's going to be a prefect day!

tinxmom
02-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Have to say I 100% agree with you, waymickey. I, too, woke up to over a foot of snow and am enjoying it. It is so peaceful. I also live in Jersey and frequent the beautiful shore, and enjoy ever moment of its magnificence. But what beats it all, is my first walk down Main Street with the Castle and my whole wonderful Disney vacation ahead!

ANG
02-10-2013, 08:15 AM
For me it's not just Main Street, but when you are fortunate enough to go right at park opening and there is only a handful of people by the castle. Feels like a VIP party of something haha

bruin1344
02-10-2013, 09:29 AM
I woke this morning to Nemo's wrath and thought OK time to take the dog for a walk. As I walked I thought there are not many things that compare to walking through knee high snow, hearing the crunch under your boots, and the smell of a real wood burning fireplace in the air. But then I thought walking down the Point Pleasant boardwalk (my hometown)with the crash of the waves and the smell of the salt air is close. But what beat them both was Walking down Main Street in the MK early in the a.m., the smell of the bakery wafting out into the street, the soft music playing in the background, and the castle straight ahead is tops for me.

So what is tops on your list? Remember it is positive thoughts saturday!

We got two feet of snow in the Boston area also. Anyways, I agree with you on Main St.

Mrs Bus Driver
02-10-2013, 09:41 AM
It's Sunday but just wanted to add the sunrise. I am lucky enough to have a job that allows me to see the sunrise most days. I have memories of walking around CBR very early and seeing the sunrise. :mickey:

RavsRuleDisney!
02-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Being a fellow down the shore Jersey guy being down on the boards - especially off-season - taking in all the sights, smells and sounds can't be beat. From a Disney perspective, I love walking out the room first thing ready to head to the parks. Sun is shining, smells of the flowers mixing with the foodcourt in the cool morning air, smiles on the DS' faces....hey 30 days and I'll be experiencing it again!! :thumbsup: