PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard 2013

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-09-2013, 08:15 AM
We're near the NH border. Chelmsford, MA is up to 24.5" of snow as of 8 am and we're still stuck in a band that is dumping 1" to 2" inches per hour.

I hope all our fellow New England Intercotees are fairing well. At least we have power. The Cape and The Islands are getting HAMMERED! 400,000 with out power right now.

Mickey'sGirl
02-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Hoping you and yours stay safe, Greg!

caryrae
02-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I just hope people who don't have power have generators or fireplaces to keep warm.

Melanie
02-09-2013, 11:44 AM
My goodness, the pictures I'm seeing are incredible. Looks beautiful now, but I'm hoping the problems that will be caused by melt off won't be too bad. So far, most of the INTERCOTees I've seen are fairing well in regards to having power, etc.

Stay safe out there! :snowball:

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
My area got about 30" give or take a few areas. About five to six foot snow drifts. I personally only lost power for a minute a few times last night. I don't have any other source of anything in my house except electricity so I would be bummin if we lost it for any extended amount of time! Driving bands until at least tomorrow, no one allowed to drive except plows and e,regency personnel, if your caught driving without a real reason you get fined. My town stopped plowing at 7 pm last night to wait it out, bad mistake, there's about two to three feet of snow on my road, they will need a bulldozer to get through! Idiots. They should have kept up with it. The excuse is they didn't want to "run out of gas". Some towns did run out of gas plowing so they stopped then too. The whole states a mess. It's going to get ugly the next few days with blame of town officials. And our governor, he is such an idiot, I can't take it. On tv he had a press conference and someone asked him a question and looked dumbfounded and said "are all the schools closed?", really? You idiot. Lol

TikiGoddess
02-09-2013, 02:00 PM
We're in north central CT and got about 26-28". It's hard to tell with all the drifts. Now the sun is out and the wind has picked up after a relatively calm morning. We didn't lose power but relatives in RI did.

Well, shoveling is good exercise... a good excuse to eat more of the chocolate chip cookies I baked.

Kathy

TheVBs
02-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Hope everyone affected is able to stay safe and warm!

PETE FROM NYC
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
In my area of NYC, we got a foot.
Our street was plowed more than once. Thats about the only thing good I can say about the DICTATOR we call mayor.

Jeri Lynn
02-10-2013, 05:06 PM
We got 31" here in Central MA. Did not seem as bad as our Blizzard of 78'.

Emme&TeddysMommy
02-10-2013, 08:21 PM
We are from western MA and got somewhere between 27-30 inches. We live on the top of a hill so we got lots of snow drifts. School was closed on Friday and just got closed for tomorrow also. I work in CT and the governer told all non essential employees to say home so I also get he day off. The snow clean up was long and tiresome but I love the snow!!!

darthmacho
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Quincy, MA here. We got 30" and higher in drifts. The whole city went black, and we lost our power for nearly 48 hours. It was a harrowing and stressful weekend. I seriously feared for our safety during the night. The inside temperature inside our house got so low (<30) on Saturday night that our thermostat couldn't read it. I finally evacuated my girls to my sister's house just to keep them safe. When we finally got power, it took 12 hours for our furnace to catch up and warm the whole house. Thankfully, everything is back to normal, but I know people that still don't have power, or have just gotten it back. :(

On the bright side, we passed the time during the blackout talking about our two WDW vacations in the past two years! :mickey: