PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland?

DonaldDuckUSA
02-08-2013, 11:29 PM
DBF and I are considering getting a Tables in Wonderland card but we have a few things to consider:

1. We already have a Florida Residents Annual pass, so we already have dining discounts. Can we use the passholder discount AND the TIW card?

2. If you have a TIW card you can access to invitation-only events. What sort of events and how often in the year are they held?

3. How do you suggest doing the math to determine if we'll be getting our values worth?

4. Any other suggestions/things to consider?

jnfr2424
02-08-2013, 11:56 PM
1. No
2. Monthly sent you a PM
3. I've forgotten the equation or the break even number (hopefully someone can help out)

Fangorn
02-09-2013, 12:42 AM
1) You can use both, just not at the same time. For instance - Yak and Yeti does not take the TIW card (20% off) but they do take the AP discount (10% off).

3) If the TIW costs $100, then the quick answer is that breakeven is $500 in food and drink at participating establishments. But the true breakeven for me is $454.55. This calculation includes the 2% differential between what they add automatically (18%) and what I would normally leave as a tip (20%).

Depending on where you dine and how many are in your party (it says it's valid for up to a party of 10, but I was able to use it with a party of 14), it can pay for itself very quickly. In the case where we had 14 people (a family dinner a couple of days before our son's wedding), the card more than paid for itself in that one meal.

The thing I like the most about the TIW is that we can eat and drink exactly what we want (I happen to think that some of the best food in Disney restaurants is found in their appetizers) and still save a ton of money.

Steve

DizneyRox
02-09-2013, 05:51 AM
I happen to think that some of the best food in Disney restaurants is found in their appetizers
The reason for this is because they aren't on the dining plan, so there's no magic number they need to stay under to make money off them. They can be priced appropriately (which is debatable as well) and people decide if you they want to pay that.

Fangorn
02-09-2013, 11:40 AM
The reason for this is because they aren't on the dining plan, so there's no magic number they need to stay under to make money off them. They can be priced appropriately (which is debatable as well) and people decide if you they want to pay that.

I completely agree. This is about the only place the chefs can be creative and not be limited by cost guidlines and need to appeal to "everyone".

Steve

Melanie
02-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I completely agree. This is about the only place the chefs can be creative and not be limited by cost guidlines and need to appeal to "everyone".

Steve

Ugh. So sad.

As for your questions, they've been answered well. I too had a FL resident AP and we loved and got great value out of our TiW card.

Quadstriker
02-09-2013, 03:06 PM
20% off your mid-afternoon cocktails at the Tune in Lounge as well! (or any other bar)

Melanie
02-09-2013, 03:07 PM
20% off your mid-afternoon cocktails at the Tune in Lounge as well! (or any other bar)

Mid afternoon? Why limit yourself. LOL!

Seriously though, if you do enjoy an adult beverage (or 20), yet another reason to get TiW. Most lounges accept it. :thumbsup: :cheers:

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Mid afternoon? Why limit yourself. LOL!

Seriously though, if you do enjoy an adult beverage (or 20), yet another reason to get TiW. Most lounges accept it. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Exactly Mel! Our trip in December I think our first drink was around oh lets call it 10am, in fact it was the day Christine came and met us at the hot tub....we had a long drinking day....lol!! But yes, 20% off drinks is a huge plus :thumbsup: