PDA

View Full Version : iFit Live and Disneyworld??

Genie1953
02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I am thinking of getting a new treadmill with iFit Live capability which allows you to map out a route on the iFit website using google maps and then as you run you are able to view your laptop or iPad screen and see street views just as though you were actually there running along. Does anyone know if it is possible to plug in a route in Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, etc and actually see the scenery as though you were there? Probably still going to get it even if you can't do those particular routes but it would sure be a real plus to be able to simulate a jog through the Disney Parks whenever I wanted.

:mickey: :cloud9: :mickey:

BrerGnat
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
My treadmill has iFit live. You get a free membership for only one year and then you have to pay. A lot!!! I have not renewed.

I tried to do what you describe. It can be done, but you will only get images on WDW streets that have "street view" available, which is primarily only World Drive. You choose way points along the route, and when you reach them, the image will pop up. So, you really can't run using a real time sort of video. That doesn't work. The most you will see are the purple signs, some billboards, maybe the monorail. It takes a lot of time to set up and its rather complicated. Not much payoff at the end. I prefer to map the run I typically do outdoors Ans then run that when the weather is bad out. The cool thing a out that is it also maps out elevation changes automatically, so it really does feel like the same run (we live in a hilly neighborhood)

Genie1953
02-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it. I guess seeing Disney signs and maybe the monorail are better than nothing though. I do love the fact that the treadmill will respond to increased elevations along the route you have chosen. I think I will give it a try and go ahead and buy the iFit module. It sounds really great!