PDA

View Full Version : Be Our guest bummer

waymickey
02-07-2013, 01:04 PM
today I looked at the menu for Be Our Guest as I was considering doing lunch their this August. On the Disney website it has a menu with all the nutritional info. I was dissapointed to see that almost all the entrees have tree nuts listed. My DD is allergic to tree nuts, fish ,shellfish, along with a a few more. She would love the turkey sandwich or the french onion soup but according to their menu she would not be able to eat more than maybe the cupcake( which is weird cause usually its the desserts that she can't have.) Has anyone dined their with an allergic kid? Do they accomodate at all?:confused:

Strmchsr
02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
You can note the allergy when you check in. In general they try to work with you, even at CS restaurants. You won't have much of a selection, but they'll try to find something she can eat.

Itchy
02-07-2013, 02:00 PM
My lady friend is allergic to 3 different things and the Chefs have always been able to provide her a very tasty meal. They are great to work with.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

waymickey
02-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Can we go just for desert? maybe if the menu is too limited we can still enjoy the atmosphere of the new castle and eat desert!

Strmchsr
02-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Can we go just for desert? maybe if the menu is too limited we can still enjoy the atmosphere of the new castle and eat desert!

I don't think it would be worth the wait for just dessert, but you can do that. If you just want to look in the restaurant, before 10 am you can go in and see the ballroom.

PETE FROM NYC
02-07-2013, 05:30 PM
OK, I know nothing about BOG. But, I am diabetic, and have a food allergy. At each TS restaurant we have eaten at, the chef came out to talk with me, even walked me around the buffets, and told me what not to eat. I was told that my food would be prepared w/o any problem ingredients.
BTW, my allergies were told when we made our ADRs.

LVT
02-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I mention allergies on ADR and tell server (often they speak of it first due to ADR note. A chef will come out to verify food contents too.

BrerGnat
02-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Honestly, I think that information has to be listed on the nutritional info page legally, if there is ANYTHING in the kitchen that contains tree nuts (due to cross contamination). I have a hard time believing that french onion soup contains any kind of nuts. I make it at home frequently...there is no way, unless it's due to the bread being "manufactured in a facility that uses tree nuts." I am sure if you mention your child's allergy, the chef will bring out safe foods (i.e. the soup without the bread).

Mickey'sGirl
02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Honestly, I think that information has to be listed on the nutritional info page legally, if there is ANYTHING in the kitchen that contains tree nuts (due to cross contamination). I have a hard time believing that french onion soup contains any kind of nuts. I make it at home frequently...there is no way, unless it's due to the bread being "manufactured in a facility that uses tree nuts." I am sure if you mention your child's allergy, the chef will bring out safe foods (i.e. the soup without the bread).I am sure that is it Nat. I am allergic to tree nuts, and the problem is usually that the baked goods are sourced from an outside vendor and "May" have been exposed.

waymickey
02-08-2013, 09:59 AM
We have had chefs come out and talk with us a sit down places and buffets but never at a counter service. As of right now we were planning lunch and ADR are booked for dinner. would they accomodate her at a CS? I know they just list tree nuts much of the time to cover themselves.
Last visit at the whispering canyon cafe the chef came out went over the menu and she ordered. She got a bottomless shake and 3 minutes later the chef and a waitress screamed from the kitchen and ran out into the dinning area yelling " don't drink it put it down" It was already in her mouth. They were very scared because they missed an ingrdient in the sprinkles- peanuts. I relaxed them both saying that peanuts are OK they are not tree nuts. I felt bad for them since they were truly worried.

TheDuckRocks
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
1) I just read yesterday a post on the allears newsletter that a BOG chef told them that they are peanut and tree nut free except for the bread. It is made in another bakery and has no nuts in it, but they use them in other items at that site.
2) My sister and I are known around WDW as the Nut Sister's - Tree (her) and Pea (me). We just ate at BOG on Jan. 9th with our allergies listed on the ADR and were told about the bread and nothing else.
3) It nearly drove me crazy this past trip as the majority of CMs I dealt with on the peanut issue had no idea that a peanut does not grow on a tree and they literally would not allow me to have anything with tree nuts in them.

BrerGnat
02-08-2013, 10:32 AM
To answer your question, YES, CS restaurants can also accommodate allergies. Each one has an allergy sheet that is easily accessible near the registers so the people taking your order can show you what different allergens are present in which foods. Those sheets also usually list alternate food items (not located on the menu) that are allergy free if they have them.