PDA

View Full Version : Flower and Garden Food Kiosks Announced

VWL Mom
02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
From Disney (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/)

Garden Marketplaces at World Showcase
Savor a taste of spring with sophisticated small plates and harvest-derived beverages that deliver a world of flavor. Travel World Showcase, where select pavilions features their own nation-themed Garden Marketplace, and embark on a whirlwind culinary adventure!

International Pavilions

The Smokehouse - Barbeque and Brews: Get into some finger-lickin’ barbecue—pulled pork and smoked brisket—and ice-cold craft beers at The American Adventure.

Lotus House: Delicacies with Far Eastern flair await you at China: a savory spring pancake, taro-bacon puff pastry, bubble tea and more.

L’Orangerie: France presents a rustic ratatouille tart, country pâté with cherry compote and, of course, a selection of French wines.

Bauernmarkt - Farmer's Market: Visit Germany, for spring pea and mushroom bread pudding, potato pancakes and a variety of beers.

Primavera Kitchen: Italy will be serving lobster with asparagus, spring vegetable lasagna, panna cotta, fruity cocktails and Italian wines.

Hanami: Named after the nation’s custom of viewing spring flowers, this location in Japan will feature “frushi,” or fruit sushi, grilled seafood sticks and sake.

Jardin de Fiestas: Join the party in Mexico with crab tostadas, pork tacos, the strawberry-infused Rosita margarita and tequila flights.

Taste of Marrakesh: Enjoy Morocco’s lamb kebabs and couscous, harissa chicken drumettes with chermoula, desert rose cocktail and more.

The Cottage - Savories, Trifles and Tea: Stop by the United Kingdom for tea and delectable dainties, including a salmon tartare-topped cheddar biscuit, an ultra-gourmet Caprese and a trio of trifles.

Other Delicious Destinations

Pineapple Promenade: Take a delicious break in your day, indulging in spiced rum Dole Whip, pineapple upside down cake, fruit cups and more.

Florida Fresh: Taste the Sunshine State with watermelon and feta salad, shrimp and grits, and tomato and carrot wines!

Fruits by the Glass: Toast to Spring with mango and blueberry wines, nonalcoholic wild berry slush and gluten-free raspberry ale, among others.

Yum

Christine
02-06-2013, 01:41 PM
This all sounds HEAVENLY! I will hafta try it all!

AgentC
02-06-2013, 01:43 PM
I knew they were adding food booths but that is quite a bit more than I expected. I'll be interested to check it out.

Melanie
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Not sure how I feel about the Food & Garden Festival. ;) It does seem like a lot.

Dopey's Girl
02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Not sure how I feel about the Food & Garden Festival. ;) It does seem like a lot.

Food and Garden! :silly:

I'm ok with it (mainly because the idea of a Dole whip with rum is a pretty big fantasy of mine!) as long as it doesn't get Food and Wine busy!

Christine
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
I like topiaries and seeing lawn mowers of the future as much as the next guy.
But I LOVE food and drinks!!

Bring it! :thumbsup: :eat: :marg:

Oh yeah, and :flower:

Cheshire_Girl
02-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I like it. The food offerings are different than food and wine fest. Rum spiked Dole whip while wandering the butterfly pavilion....hmmm. priceless

Melanie
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
as long as it doesn't get Food and Wine busy!

I think that's my hesitation. There's plenty of good food and drink at Epcot year round. I've just always enjoyed the semi-serenity of the Flower & Garden Fest.

Mitzie
02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
We are looking forward to this new addition to the Flower Fest. Does anyone know if like the F&W fest. if they will let you use snack credits for these food items?

AgentC
02-08-2013, 12:17 PM
I think that's my hesitation. There's plenty of good food and drink at Epcot year round. I've just always enjoyed the semi-serenity of the Flower & Garden Fest.

Me too. I have my fingers crossed that it will just be a nice addition and not get out of control.

Sylvia
02-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Food and Garden! :silly:

I'm ok with it (mainly because the idea of a Dole whip with rum is a pretty big fantasy of mine!) as long as it doesn't get Food and Wine busy!

I stopped enjoying the Food and Wine Festival because of all of the beer and wine odors and the numerous times I was almost covered in other guests' beer/wine as they walked into me. I also hope Flower and Garden doesn't get Food and Wine "alcohol-smelly". The food choices are appealing, but I can do without the smells of alcohol as I'm enjoying the real stars of the festival. Flower and Garden has always been a favorite of mine; I hope my enjoyment hasn't been destroyed. I plan to go back for the festival in 2014, with an open mind, hoping and expecting that, for me, the overall beauty and enjoyment of the festival is still there.

DisneyorBust
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm looking forward to the Market Booths as well, DW, DD#2 and I enjoyed the F&W festival last November and are looking forward to enjoying all of what the F&G has to offer this year.

DisneyDawgette
02-10-2013, 12:44 PM
This sounds great! Went to the Food and Wine Festival for the first time this past October (and LOVED it), and I am very much hoping that our trip works out for March! I'd love to get to do both in less than a year! :)

villavic
02-11-2013, 04:51 PM
There is also a Flower Power Concert Series. Does anybody have experience with this? Is there a different price for it? How crowded it gets?

Christine
02-11-2013, 06:07 PM
The Flower Power concerts are free. They are held in the American gardens outdoor theater. It's fun- the late Davy Jones from the Monkees was always my favorite. But there are other stars worth seeing.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-13-2013, 10:33 PM
I like it. The food offerings are different than food and wine fest. Rum spiked Dole whip while wandering the butterfly pavilion....hmmm. priceless

Love it :funny:

forever a child
02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
This is our first time attending the F&G Event and this makes it all the better. Now I am even more excited! :mickey: