PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Caramoan (Fans v. Favorites)

Melanie
02-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Season premiere on Wednesday, February 13th.

Meet the cast here (http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/).

Go Malcolm!

TheDuckRocks
02-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm glad to see Malcom and Dawn back. Brandon :mad: Philip is still wearing his pink undies in the cast picture - :ack::ack::ack:

SBETigg
02-06-2013, 12:44 PM
I really dread seeing some of these people again. Why can't we have a season with all new people? Though, yes, glad to see Malcolm back. He's really the only returner that I like. And maybe Andrea. Dawn's a good player and not too grating, but I'm not a fan. Otherwise, they could have called the season "Fans vs Ugh Not Agains."

Melanie
02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
He's really the only returner that I like.

:ditto:

Hopefully there are some good 'fans'.

Melanie
02-14-2013, 06:31 AM
If I've learned anything about the editing on Survivor through the years, I knew that Francesqua was gone as soon as she said she'd eat that rock.

Wow, looks like Malcolm has some competition with Reynold. He's strong. I'm not too keen on the clique that's formed with the fans, so hopefully that's broken up soon.

So Phillip is his same old self, and looks like Brandon self destructs next week. Good times. :shake:

TheDuckRocks
02-14-2013, 09:06 AM
If I've learned anything about the editing on Survivor through the years, I knew that Francesqua was gone as soon as she said she'd eat that rock.

My DH and I said at the same time, "Oh, she's gone" when she said that.

So Phillip is his same old self, and looks like Brandon self destructs next week. Good times. :shake:

Hopefully Brandon will self destruct enough to get him off sooner rather than later.

FOr the life of me I don't remember Corrine (is that her name?).

IwannabeinNarnia
02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Since Matt and Reynold are both from my area I was gonna root for them...but when Reynold hooked up.. well, I'm sure he's gonna be a goner. That marine is lazy.. not giving marines a good name. I'm just not really impressed with any of the 'fans'... and the favorites.. welllllll.... I guess all I'll say is "GO MALCOLM!" ;)

SBETigg
02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Kay, I remember Corrine but I don't remember if I liked or hated her.

Given how I feel about a lot of the returning cast, I was surprised to find myself really rooting for them in that first challenge. I do like Malcolm, so I wonder if that has me pulling for the whole team?

I found the newcomers to be fairly off-putting. Break her wrist? And the Cool Kids alliance? Blech. I do like a few of them, but definitely not any of the "cool kids." And the overnight groping, bad move.

Poor Cochran with the sunburn. He kind of won me over a little with the lovable loser routine again. But Brandon is out of his mind and should not be playing games like this. The minute he targeted Andrea, I could see he was the same old Brandon and the scenes from next week make him look even worse. I hope he's next to go.

Melanie
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Corrine was not nice on her original season. :nono:

I found myself laughing out loud a few times at Cochrane last night. He's a good guy. Goodness though, that sunburn. How could they not have known?

If that Marine is active duty, I have no idea how he makes weight, although he is limber. Yes, he definitely came off badly.

Ian
02-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I think I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy these fans vs. favorites or all star shows. I just find it much more enjoyable when I have an instant rooting interest as opposed to "normal" seasons when I spend the first 13 episodes just figuring out who everyone is.

Most of the fans annoyed me big time. In fact, I can't think of any of them that really hooked me at all. "The cool kids" are doomed. They always are. And the rest of them were just kind bleh.

Malcolm all the way for me so far! :thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm glad to see Malcom and Dawn back. Brandon :mad: Philip is still wearing his pink undies in the cast picture - :ack::ack::ack:

I tuned in specifically to see what Philip (Pink Pants) would be wearing. Yuck! Please put on some swimming trunks.

JanetMegan
02-19-2013, 08:46 AM
I think I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy these fans vs. favorites or all star shows. I just find it much more enjoyable when I have an instant rooting interest as opposed to "normal" seasons when I spend the first 13 episodes just figuring out who everyone is.

Malcolm all the way for me so far! :thumbsup:

I was coming in to say the same thing, I enjoy not having to get to know an entire new group of people. Makes it easier to just jump into the show. Which I enjoyed. That massive structure built for the immunity challenge was amazing. They must have a heck of a crew out there.

IwannabeinNarnia
02-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Ok, do they NOT screen these contestants for mental issues??? That Philip is CRAZY! and Brandon- oh my.. SCARY! And from the preview it looks like Shamar the marine goes off next week also. I am thinking there could be some bloodshed next week. I'm still not really liking anyone this season.. except Malcolm... but he's laying low (or at least editing is making it seem that way)

SBETigg
02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Ok, do they NOT screen these contestants for mental issues??? That Philip is CRAZY! and Brandon- oh my.. SCARY! And from the preview it looks like Shamar the marine goes off next week also. I am thinking there could be some bloodshed next week. I'm still not really liking anyone this season.. except Malcolm... but he's laying low (or at least editing is making it seem that way)

I don't think Phillip is crazy. I think it works for him to act that way (or he thinks it works). Now when you have Phillip saying that Brandon is crazy, that's a big red flag that Brandon is really out there. I think he does have some serious issues and I am afraid he's going to end up hurting someone or himself out there. I hate that they brought him back. He's not cut out for this. I was almost rooting against the Favorites just so they could send Brandon home.

Shamar is a concern, too, maybe with some anger management issues. I was torn last night. With a 6-4 alliance advantage, it's a bad idea to cut loose one of your own but it might have been worth losing Shamar. But then, Allie had the bad sense to be cuddling with Reynold and I don't like the whole "cool kids" alliance. Reynold is married, I think I read. I can't imagine how his wife felt watching him grope someone so fast out there. So, maybe they can get rid of Shamar next now the alliance numbers seem safe enough to cut one loose.

Malcolm is still my favorite, far and away, and I hope he keeps hanging in there. Though Cochran is playing a better game this time maybe, not as whiny and playing smarter.

Ian
02-21-2013, 01:47 PM
That massive structure built for the immunity challenge was amazing. They must have a heck of a crew out there.I thought the same thing. That was a pretty impressive build!

Ok, do they NOT screen these contestants for mental issues??? That Philip is CRAZY! and Brandon- oh my.. SCARY! And from the preview it looks like Shamar the marine goes off next week also. I am thinking there could be some bloodshed next week. I'm still not really liking anyone this season.. except Malcolm... but he's laying low (or at least editing is making it seem that way)I think they screen the contestants for mental issues and then tell the ones that don't have them to exhibit them lol.

In reality TV these days it's all about the tension and the drama.

TheDuckRocks
02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
In reality TV these days it's all about the tension and the drama.

Unfortunately I feel you are very right, Ian.

IwannabeinNarnia
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I think they screen the contestants for mental issues and then tell the ones that don't have them to exhibit them lol.

:funny:

SBETigg
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
The Fans are really falling apart! You would think some of those fans have never watched a season of Survivor. Shamar getting all bent about people lying? Oh my gosh, people are lying on Survivor! Every season someone is stunned by that somehow. I think they missed a chance to bring unity to the tribe in keeping Shamar around. Big mistake. My guess is they will keep losing if they keep him much longer. He's bad for morale. I'm not sure what to think about Sherri. Last week, I liked her, but now I'm thinking she might be playing too hard, looking at the big picture and missing the little things that can derail a game along the way.

Still hoping Malcolm wins it all. I'm not sure it's wise to put his trust in Corrine, though. I expect her to turn on him at any moment. And Brandon is so creepy and unstable.

SBETigg
03-10-2013, 02:08 PM
So glad they got rid of Shamar, and losing Laura next was the right choice, too.

The scenes from next week have me worried, though. I really think Brandon is not mentally stable enough to be in this game. I hope he goes. I know the producers like casting people on the edge, for the sake of drama, but I think they went over the line in bringing Brandon back.

Melanie
03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Potential :spoiler: !

Have no idea if this is true, and I can't remember where I read it, but it's being said that Brandon will be the first ever with the distinction of being kicked off of Survivor. First his uncle (or was that his dad?) on Big Brother, now possibly this. I can't see where this family thinks going on national TV and acting like this is a good thing?

End of :spoiler: !

SBETigg
03-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh wow, not surprised, if true.

TheDuckRocks
03-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Saw the ads last night and it sure looks like something serious is going down.

Melanie
03-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Yep, I think my spoiler might be true. That was a different commercial last night during TAR than what they showed on the previews.

Granny Jill A
03-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Potential :spoiler: !

End of :spoiler: !

If this is true, it's about time. He's getting on my last nerve.

Granny Jill A
03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm done watching Survivor if they continue with the kind of show they had last night. I was so disgusted by Jeff letting Brandon run his foul mouth over and over. He had his team totally demoralized.

What does everyone think of this episode?

I give it ten thumbs down. :mad:

SBETigg
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm done watching Survivor if they continue with the kind of show they had last night. I was so disgusted by Jeff letting Brandon run his foul mouth over and over. He had his team totally demoralized.

What does everyone think of this episode?

I give it ten thumbs down. :mad:

That's the kind of drama we do not need, agreed. He was so unstable the first time, I'm still not happy that they invited him back. We all knew this kind of thing was going to happen. So glad he didn't hurt anyone, at least. I hope he gets some mental help. Everyone looked so uncomfortable.

Melanie
03-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Honestly though, and I'm not condoning Brandon's behavior in any way, but he had a lot of good points. He and Phillip are both certifiably crazy. It's just that Brandon's crazy comes out in another way. It's obvious there are a lot of folks there who cared for Brandon's well being and are aware that the boy is unstable. I thought Jeff handled it as well as possible, knowing with the time bomb he was dealing with.

That said, HECK NO, I don't want any more episodes like that. It threw off the mojo of the show.

JanetMegan
03-15-2013, 09:22 AM
You know what I found a little odd though? I actually found myself sort of rooting for/sticking up for Phillip. I mean I know he is crazy too but he walked away, he didn't try to make things worse where Brandon just kept hammering at it and stuff. Phillip actually gains a couple notches last night-granted he is still way down there but I thought he actually handled himself well.

SBETigg
03-15-2013, 09:30 AM
I used to think Phillip was crazy. Now I think he's probably very sane and it's just his schtick. I imagine he's some real guy in the real world who always wanted to be on TV and he came up with this character he plays on Survivor, and it works for him there. He could be really crazy, but he's playing this character too well. With real mental health issues, there are cycles, breaks, highs, lows. Look at Brandon and his constant mood swings and contradictions of himself. But Phillip is solidly the same guy from minute to minute out there. It strikes me more as an illusion, a trick he's playing, than a delusion, that he honestly believes anything he's putting out there.

Melanie
03-15-2013, 09:50 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Sherri. I truly think Phillip is crazy. He flips out whenever someone questions his authority and he's totally delusional in his abilities. And remember last time when he supposed that racial slur? He's crazy. I agree he keeps it in better, but he knows when to throw out an insult and make things worse. And his digs were pretty cruel. He and Corrine came out looking horrible after 'tribal'. Everyone else, how sad! The girls were so distraught and the guys looked like they'd been so beat down. I'd love to hear exactly how everyone feels about it all.

l place a lot of the blame on the producers who put these two crazies together, probably full well knowing how it would play out.

Although, I'm seeing some folks say Brandon's is schtick too, saying that in no way was full out rage when he was dumping the rice and beans. Who knows...it is 'reality' tv, after all. ;)

That said...Reynold. What a tool. I can't believe he found another idol, and really, just how hard do they even try to hide those things? It used to be such an process, with clue after clue, and now it seems like every one of them is snug in a tree trunk.

TheDuckRocks
03-15-2013, 09:50 AM
I used to think Phillip was crazy. Now I think he's probably very sane and it's just his schtick. I imagine he's some real guy in the real world who always wanted to be on TV and he came up with this character he plays on Survivor, and it works for him there. He could be really crazy, but he's playing this character too well. With real mental health issues, there are cycles, breaks, highs, lows. Look at Brandon and his constant mood swings and contradictions of himself. But Phillip is solidly the same guy from minute to minute out there. It strikes me more as an illusion, a trick he's playing, than a delusion, that he honestly believes anything he's putting out there.

Sheri, thank you for putting into words the exact feelings about Phillip that I came away with this week.:thumbsup:

Melanie
03-15-2013, 09:52 AM
You know what I found a little odd though? I actually found myself sort of rooting for/sticking up for Phillip. I mean I know he is crazy too but he walked away, he didn't try to make things worse where Brandon just kept hammering at it and stuff. Phillip actually gains a couple notches last night-granted he is still way down there but I thought he actually handled himself well.

I didn't see that at all. The digs on his kids (really, no one should go there) and patronizing Brandon for apologizing (what's wrong with that?) was low. He knows how Brandon is, and he egged it on.

ETA: It's obvious no one here agrees with me on Phillip. :D He's just a special brand of irritating to me, and I dislike him more than Brandon. Brandon I just feel sorry for. He's a product of a very, very messed up family. I hope he gets some help.

SBETigg
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
ETA: It's obvious no one here agrees with me on Phillip. :D He's just a special brand of irritating to me, and I dislike him more than Brandon. Brandon I just feel sorry for. He's a product of a very, very messed up family. I hope he gets some help.

Not saying I like Phillip, and he was definitely a problem. I just don't think he's crazy. I think it's all calculated, for the most part, but I do think Brandon actually got under his skin. Except for his Brandon missteps, I do have to give Phillip credit for not breaking character in his season and a half so far, plus the aftershows-- if it is a character. I don't think he should win, and I'm not sure that's even a real goal for him. I think he wants to be memorable on TV.

TheDuckRocks
03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Sorry, Mel, do not get me wrong I do not like Phillip at all. I just think like Sheri that he is playing a part with enough conviction to possibly getting him to the finals again.
As for Brandon if, and that's a big if, he truely is in real life any where close to what we are seeing on TV - he needs help. I feel very sorry for anyone who is as angry as he seems.

Melanie
03-20-2013, 09:24 PM
:sleepin:

And Phillip, as crazy as ever. I cringe when he goes on one of his tangents, to the point of it being unwatchable, it's so stupid.

Melanie
04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
So, what did everyone think of the blindside? I always enjoy a good blindside, and this one was no exception. :thumbsup:

I will say that Malcolm better get it together quick, and get himself back on the majority side, or he's gone (regardless of the idol situation).

Ian
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't really know why, because I didn't particularly have any strong feelings one way or the other about Corrinne, but I really enjoyed watching her get the boot last night. I guess something about her attitude during the episode just rubbed me the wrong way, because I gave a mini-cheer when Jeff tossed her out.

Should be interesting to see where it goes from here. If they were smart, the less physically talented players would align and vote off the Malcolm/Reynold, etc. contingent and take control of the game.

Melanie
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
If they were smart, the less physically talented players would align and vote off the Malcolm/Reynold, etc. contingent and take control of the game.

I think they are already well on the way to doing that.

SBETigg
04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I think they are already well on the way to doing that.

Agreed. Malcolm is on the wrong side of the numbers and I hope he scrambles out a plan. Dawn and Cochran are really controlling things out there, I think, and with Cochran calling Malcolm the "golden god" of the game last night, I can't imagine they will let him get much further, certainly not to the end. Unless Malcolm wins some more people over. I'm not sure Dawn and Cochran are on the radar for a lot of them right now as far as being threats. They seem to be distracted by crazy Phillip.

russ57
04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
The head of the secret agents must be terminated sooner than later. He is one of a kind.:thumbsup:

Lacy
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM
I'll miss Corrine but think she got too confident in her plan and told Dawn too soon. Glad to see a shake-up though and I hope Malcolm can pull something off. But I'm not a fan of Eddie and Reynold.

Ian
04-10-2013, 10:24 PM
That was a pretty unsatisfying ending. After all that alleged intrigue and talk of blindsides to have it just go plain vanilla at the end was a big letdown, if you ask me.

Also what was that ridiculously contrived thing with Malcolm and Reynold's idol??? That whole thing felt so incredibly fake I almost turned off the show.

"No. Wait, Reynold. They're voting for me. That's what all this was about. Trust me. Give me the idol. Really."

"Okay."

:shake:

Granny Jill A
04-11-2013, 03:12 PM
You're right about last night's show, Ian. I was shaking my head when Malcolm asked him for the idol, and Reynold GAVE it to him!!!!

I was sorry to see Michael go. I would have preferred Philip (Secret Agent) over him.

Andrea tried her feminine wiles on Eddie. Watch out for that one.

I find myself rooting for Cochran more and more.

Melanie
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
That tribal had to be heavily edited, and I would think Reynold and Malcolm had to have talked about the passing of the idol beforehand. It was too quick and the 'acting' was horrible.

I like Dawn, but all her deep breathing, stressing, crying, etc. is getting kind of old. She's played this game before. She knows the deal. Wonder why she's having all these issues?

SBETigg
04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
That tribal had to be heavily edited, and I would think Reynold and Malcolm had to have talked about the passing of the idol beforehand. It was too quick and the 'acting' was horrible.

I like Dawn, but all her deep breathing, stressing, crying, etc. is getting kind of old. She's played this game before. She knows the deal. Wonder why she's having all these issues?

Okay, now, I must be going soft in my tender middle age, because I totally bought the Malcolm-Reynold idol trade off as authentic. And a good move for Malcolm. He didn't have to play his. But his game is in trouble.

Dawn, she did this last time, too! Come on, Dawn. I don't get it. And last time, she almost quit, too. It's why I didn't like her last time. I had forgotten about it. I don't like anyone who mentions they could quit or walk away and uses it to go further in the game. If it's just a momentary panic and she doesn't have people begging her to stay, I will feel better.

But stealth-boss Philip is a real problem. His idea of stealth is apparently still blurting out all the planning and wrangling at Tribal Council, clueing Malcolm in when he could have potentially been gone (had Andrea not changed her mind, which still made no sense to me).

Ian
04-11-2013, 10:05 PM
I like Dawn, but all her deep breathing, stressing, crying, etc. is getting kind of old. She's played this game before. She knows the deal. Wonder why she's having all these issues?My only thought when I saw that preview for next week was, "I'm not sure I'm gonna watch."

Her whining and histrionics are too much for me. I can't stand her. :ack:

Carol
04-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Ugh. Phillip drives me crazy !! Why is he still there?? :bang:

Melanie
04-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Ugh. Phillip drives me crazy !! Why is he still there?? :bang:

Well yeah, this. What a waste. He was out first in the challenge this week...what a surprise. I've chosen to just ignore his antics, which I feel the producers have allowed to cheapen yet another season.

Carol
04-17-2013, 08:56 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!! :search:

Melanie
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah, glad Phillip is gone, but it wasn't really satisfying to me though. I'm not liking Malcolm this time around, and I find it completely ridiculous how predictable the finding of the idol(s) is.

SBETigg
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Yeah, glad Phillip is gone, but it wasn't really satisfying to me though. I'm not liking Malcolm this time around, and I find it completely ridiculous how predictable the finding of the idol(s) is.

I thought it was well done. I was very satisfied. I've never enjoyed Malcolm more. I guess we're opposite on this one. Except that I do agree about the idol. I'm done with the whole hidden idol thing. With drama like tonight, they are bound to keep it forever and every season, I hope they get rid of it.

wildernesslady
04-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Loved tribal council. I would like to see the alliances become more even in numbers. Hopefully next week.

wildernesslady
04-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Don't they hide the idols again once they have been played?

Melanie
04-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Don't they hide the idols again once they have been played?

Yes, up until certain numbers, I think. Yay. :unsure:

Melanie
04-18-2013, 09:23 AM
And I'm not feeling the 'best tribal council ever' thing either. I mean, it was interesting, but for me, there have been better, more satisfying blindsides and surprised looks than we got last night. Phillip hardly reacted (I mean, he did kind of take one for the team) and that couldn't have been the reaction the 'three stooges' wanted.

I wish Malcolm would have held on to his other idol and tried to get back an alliance with a favorite. I didn't realize from what they are showing us that the 3 of them were so ostracized. I guess he feels the 'pretty boys' alliance is the only way to go. Shame.

TheDuckRocks
04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
I was glad to see Phillip gone as I was not looking forward to seeing the twit sitting with the final 3 again. I would have liked to see Eddie go, not feeling the Pretty Boys. Loved Malcom the first time, not so much this go round. Enough already with the Hidden Idol!

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 11:30 AM
I wish Malcolm would have held on to his other idol and tried to get back an alliance with a favorite. I didn't realize from what they are showing us that the 3 of them were so ostracized. I guess he feels the 'pretty boys' alliance is the only way to go. Shame.

Not a big fan of Reynold and Eddie, but at least Malcolm has shown some strategy. You can't go to the end with seven people and he couldn't have felt comfortable with his spot in that seven knowing that strong players go after merge. Malcolm would have been one of their first to go anyway, so he brought in the other strong guys to try to make a go if it. Makes good sense to me. I'm thinking of them as Malcolm's Merry Men.

Then, holding on to his own idol might have bought him an extra week, or more if he won challenges, but he would still be the next to go once he lost that net. Now he has some numbers and a threat to try to win some others over to his alliance. It was really the only way to try to make it to the end vs holding on a few more days. Which is why I thought it was a brilliant move, even though I dislike Reynold and Eddie. Watching the seven so secure in their alliance have to scramble for a last minute plan was worth it. Even if he does leave himself vulnerable. But sometimes there is power in the illusion and now some people might consider where they stand in that majority and shift alliances. Whole new game, potentially. Though I think they will still get rid of any one of the three of them at first chance.

Though I do understand that Malcolm siding with Reynold and Eddie, and that comment about lying to women earlier might have sunk him a bit in favorable opinion. Things not to say on TV: I'm comfortable lying to women. I do it all the time.

Melanie
04-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Well, like I said, he apparently feels that is the only way to go. I get it, just don't like it. But in the end, it's the stupid HII I don't like. Watch it come through again and take him to the end. What happened to the days when the clues were earned and it took 2 or 3 of them to finally find it? That was at least a little better in my book.

Granny Jill A
04-18-2013, 02:13 PM
We really enjoyed Tribal Council last night. The look on Andrea's face was priceless when the 2nd hidden idol came out. The Three Guys were having the best time. Michael was enjoying their moment as well.

Phillip is out, and thank heaven for that. I was getting tired of his shenanigans.

I'm rooting for Cochran at the moment, unless he does something really dumb and blows his chance at the final 3.

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Well, like I said, he apparently feels that is the only way to go. I get it, just don't like it. But in the end, it's the stupid HII I don't like. Watch it come through again and take him to the end. What happened to the days when the clues were earned and it took 2 or 3 of them to finally find it? That was at least a little better in my book.

I wonder how many they actually hide? Maybe they put out one for everyone and just wait and see who gets one first, then collect the rest of them. Sometimes it seems like it, way too easy. Everyone stops looking once they know there's one found, so why not?

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm rooting for Cochran at the moment, unless he does something really dumb and blows his chance at the final 3.

Yes, Cochran has been all adorable Cochran this time and no obnoxious Cochran. I think he learned something from his first time out. His scene from next week comment made me smile. It was also funny when he scoffed at joining the all-guy alliance. I could see him making it.

Melanie
04-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Cochran is my choice as well. I did appreciate his chuckling last night and his realizing how good it would be for us viewers at home. The only other person I'd really be fine with at this point is Brenda. She really does rock the challenges and is getting a good edit (or in reality, no edit) this season. I don't remember disliking her last time.

Dawn, well, even though she found her way back last night, I'm just not feeling all her angst. My goodness, that was something with the teeth, right? :eek:

Melanie
04-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Not surprised, or even sorry, Malcolm got the boot last night. He just wasn't likable Malcolm for me this season, and his sticking with the pretty boy alliance ultimately did him in. I still think it was a mistake for him to give his other idol to Eddie.

Things seem a bit tougher this season than in other recent seasons with the hunger issue. That was disgusting with the peanut butter though. :ack:

SBETigg
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Not surprised, or even sorry, Malcolm got the boot last night. He just wasn't likable Malcolm for me this season, and his sticking with the pretty boy alliance ultimately did him in. I still think it was a mistake for him to give his other idol to Eddie.

Things seem a bit tougher this season than in other recent seasons with the hunger issue. That was disgusting with the peanut butter though. :ack:

I liked him, still, but he did get what was coming to him. He made mistakes, siding with Corinne early on, sticking with the Bro-lliance. It all spelled doom. Plus, that cocky attitude. Tsk, tsk Malcolm. But I'm still pleased that he got in one big move, or attempt, before he left. It was more satisfying to get him out now than if he'd managed to hold on a few more weeks. His days were numbered either way, I think.Though if he had that idol, who knows.

That peanut butter activity was disgusting. I don't think I would want to wear it on my face all day for later, but I guess I've never been deprived to that extent.

I like Cochran for the win at this point. He has been entertaining and playing well. I dislike Brenda from her last appearance, where I disliked her enough to still dislike her now even though she has barely shown up. She was truly awful in her first appearance. She is playing a different game this time. But I'm not loving Dawn. She's playing, not loving her anyway. And what was up with Sherri thinking she controlled the game. Maybe all Sherris suffer from some bit of delusion? :blush:

Melanie
04-25-2013, 10:05 AM
While I think Sherri's delusion that she's running the game is just that, I do hope Cochrane was kidding with all his "I'm the challenge beast now, hear me roar!" Surely he was kidding, right? He's a smart enough guy and super student of Survivor to know that's not necessarily the case.

SBETigg
04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
While I think Sherri's delusion that she's running the game is just that, I do hope Cochrane was kidding with all his "I'm the challenge beast now, hear me roar!" Surely he was kidding, right? He's a smart enough guy and super student of Survivor to know that's not necessarily the case.

I think he's kidding. Riding high on the win maybe. But I think he knows he wouldn't have won that one without the advantage, and the other one was an eating challenge. But okay, Cochran, we'll see. ;)

Granny Jill A
04-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Why didn't Malcolm continue to dig for the idol? He would have had a better chance at it than Andrea or Cochran.

Dawn freaks me out with her stressed-out facial expressions. I don't know if she's going to blow up or pass out.

I felt bad for Brenda at the auction. She was REALLY hungry and she ended up with pig brains. Yuck.....

I'm sort of still rooting for Cochran as long as he plays smart and doesn't get overly confident.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Yay - I can finally comment:) We had so many shows on our dvr that we could never get caught up on Survivor. Always afraid if I came on here or any other message board, I'd get to many spoilers. But now we are finally caught up.

Its been a unique season, I'll say that much. I wasn't overly disappointed in Malcom's boot. I thought he came in with kind of a "golden boy" persona and had a certain "entitlement" vibe going on. He made poor choices going after Dawn, not being able to read her, and breaking from SRU way too early. I was more disappointed that neither Eric or Sherri saw the opportunity for making a move at last tribal. Had they sided with the three amigos they could have picked of the remainder of SRU, then Eric/Sherri pick on of the amigos (probably Eddie) to form a 3 person alliance within the 5 person alliance to control the endgame. However, neither of them come off as remotely intelligent, so I guess no surprise that they just sat back and let things happen.

I'm not really certain who's running the 6 person alliance. I think Andrea might actually be calling more of the shots. Cochrane has a full grasp of what's going on, and he's getting one heck of an edit, but I don't think he's the deciding factor. He's been very fortunate this season that his physical weaknesses have not been exposed like they were his first go round. Its allowed him to play a strategic game rather than a panicky reactionary game that he did the first time. He certainly could win it all, I think without doubt he would give the best FTC performance. Just a question if anyone else will let him get that far. As far as his self proclaimed being a "challenge beast" I take that as simple tongue-in-cheek self deprecation. He's just having fun with it, and Probst, who has a bromance smoldering with him is eating it up.

Dawn can go at any time. She's a mental train wreck. Eric is as clueless now as he was when he gave the immunity necklace away back in Micronesia. Sherri is apparently taking over The Specialist's role in the self delusional department, no way she can win. Brenda, I know people like her, and I did to going into it, but man is she boring as all get out, and from what I can tell hasn't done a single thing. I had no sympathy for her at the Survivor auction, was actually glad to see her get pig brains.

For me, it should be Andrea a/o Cochrane from SRU in the final 3. I think if somehow Reynold can keep alive, he'd make for an interesting final 3.

Pretty soon, someone or some sub group from that group of 6 has to break out and make a move, just not sure who it will be.

SBETigg
04-26-2013, 01:08 PM
My impression is more that Andrea is doomed out there. I think she's one of the next to go. They all seemed ready to get rid of her first when it came down to arguing amongst themselves when Malcolm's Merry Men were safe. Andrea and Erik might have been smart to make the move and change alliances, but they didn't. Once Reynold and Eddie are gone, Andrea looks like she's next and Erik will be the strong man left, so targeted after her. Or maybe before, considering he made that Philip vote. That's the way I'm seeing it. Plus, Erik and Brenda haven't had enough screen time to be final three.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm going to call it, long-shot prediction, but I'm predicting final 3 will be Erik-Eddie-Sherri with Erik winning hands down.

I've pretty much been in the camp that Erik is worthless and not coming even close to being able to win this game. That said, I did realize that he has a very definitive path to winning this game.

Now that they are down to 6, it appears Dawn/Cochrane are sticking together, with an expendable Brenda on the side. Eddie is just floating and scratching that beard wondering why he's still there. I think Erik and Sherri might be somewhat together, maybe not an alliance, but since both have been potential swing votes, I think their stars kind of align together.

If Erik is truly playing both sides and strategizing, his next move should be to lock in Eddie, which I think will be easy and then Sherri to form a 3 person voting block. Then depending on the immunity challenge and who wins, he takes out the biggest immunity threat left (Brenda) and if that's not possible he takes out the biggest strategic threat (Cochran). Either way its win-win and when the dust settles, he's got a 3 person majority in a tribe of 5. The next week he takes out whoever is left between Brenda/Cochrane then take Dawn out at final 4. If he gets Brenda out, Erik is probably the biggest immunity threat out there, or if not him, Eddie, so I think he can control the end-game via immunity challenges.

The question is, is this a new-improved Erik or is it FvF Ice Cream Scooper Erik?

As for the actual episode last night, very disappointed in the immunity challenges. The second I saw the float/balance challenge, I turned to DW and said Andrea or Brenda, maybe Erik. I knew immediately it was designed for a woman and that Reynold, despite a great effort had no chance and was doomed.

The second challenge was no better. I've lost track of how many times they done that ladder assembly challenge. Not sure why they think we find it entertaining to watch them push a buoy or ring through a rope obstacle and then untie knots. They truly must be out of new ideas.

I was disappointed to see Andrea go. Cochran and Dawn must really be playing a subtle game because add Andrea to a long list of people that thought they had Cochran and Dawn figured out, only to be on the receiving end of a blind-side.

I find Cochran the only one left to be deserving of the win, but I've been reading that if you look on youtube that "Brenda who?" if you find her unaired confessionals that she is apparently playing much more of a strategic game than her edit (or lack there of) is giving her credit for.

I guess I can live with Cochran, Brenda or Erik winning, would be disappointed to see Eddie, Sherri or Dawn win.

Finale will be a week from Sunday, on May 12.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Oh yea forgot to add:

Jeff: "Previously on Survivor...and Dawn cried"

Jeff: "Next week on Survivor...and Dawn cried"

She'll be blubbering all episode with the loved ones there.

SBETigg
05-02-2013, 03:32 PM
If Erik makes it to the end, he wins without a doubt. He hasn't betrayed an alliance, but he hasn't been solidly with one, either. He's a likable guy playing his own game, though it is sometimes hard to tell what game that is. Which is why he will never make it to the end.

I can see the Cochran-Dawn alliance making it to the end, with one more. Who would they take? Eddie? No, he's got the bro vote. But he could win immunities and stick around. Brenda? She's looking sweet and under the radar, but is she too nice? Plus, Erik and Brenda, as I said earlier, have not had enough screen time to make it all the way. I just don't see it happening. But then, Sherri hasn't had much screen time since the merge. I don't know. I just don't see Cochran or Dawn going anywhere, despite the scenes from next week that makes a Cochran departure seem imminent (they always play with us like that). Cochran and Philip have been on camera the most, and Philip is already gone, so it is just because of the personalities involved? We'll see.

Andrea really lost her head in this week's show, though. I kept thinking she would get a clue and shut her mouth, but she obviously had no idea of the goings-on behind her back.

Granny Jill A
05-02-2013, 03:52 PM
My impression is more that Andrea is doomed out there. I think she's one of the next to go.

Wow! You called it and it happened.

I rolled on the floor laughing when Andrea yipped "what?" after her name was written down. And she went out with an immunity idol in her possession!!!!

Another great tribal council.

SBETigg
05-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Wow! You called it and it happened.

I rolled on the floor laughing when Andrea yipped "what?" after her name was written down. And she went out with an immunity idol in her possession!!!!

Another great tribal council.

They all said her name when Philip went and they had to discuss amongst themselves, so it seemed obvious at the time. But then even more so when she targeted Brenda and kept missing all the cues that she was in trouble. She was so lucky that Erik handed her the idol, and then she didn't use it. It must be a lot harder when you're out there then it looks to us on the couch.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-03-2013, 11:41 AM
They all said her name when Philip went and they had to discuss amongst themselves, so it seemed obvious at the time. But then even more so when she targeted Brenda and kept missing all the cues that she was in trouble. She was so lucky that Erik handed her the idol, and then she didn't use it. It must be a lot harder when you're out there then it looks to us on the couch.

I think sometimes having an idol is more a curse then it is glory. I think sometimes it gives them a false sense of security, like I've got the idol, I'm safe now, I've got the power, and then you get over confident and miss the signs of what's happening around you. That certainly seemed to be the case with Andrea, she was a lot more paranoid before she had the idol. Same with Malcolm, I think his approach changed quite a bit once he had an idol(s) in his possession and I think he kind of thought he could bully people with them, but it didn't work.

But yes, its always easier sitting on a couch with a bowl of popcorn than it would be out there.

Ian
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
The final word to me on Malcolm is that he's a good physical player but really just very, very weak at the strategic aspect of the game. I like him a lot, but he's just not that good.

Not shocked to see Andrea go. She was actually a good choice, because Eddie's no threat to anyone anymore. At least not unless he sticks around long enough to start winning individual immunities. :D

SBETigg
05-08-2013, 01:07 PM
The final word to me on Malcolm is that he's a good physical player but really just very, very weak at the strategic aspect of the game. I like him a lot, but he's just not that good.

:D

I think he was feeling the effects of playing two games in a row. Or maybe he's really not that good strategically. But he seemed to have more potential in his first time around than he demonstrated this time.

In exit interviews, he mentioned that he had a hard time fitting in with the returning players because no one knew him and they treated him like the fan among them, except for Corrine. He was playing from the bottom the whole time, so I guess it's surprising that he held on as long as he did or he makes a lot of excuses. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him back again in future games because he is apparently very popular with fans. He lost some appeal with our group, though, I think.

Carol
05-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Not a Dawn fan. Not sure why, but something bugs me. :shrug:

It was a good move for them to vote out Brenda. She would have won the entire game if given the opportunity. (I'd vote for her.)

:search:

Melanie
05-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Not a Dawn fan.

It was a good move to vote out Brenda. She would have won the entire game if given the opportunity. (I'd vote for her.)

I'm so over Dawn and her hysterical crying. Sherri was a bit over the top too. I know we've talked about this before, and it's easy for me to comment from my couch, but I just don't get the waterworks and desperation that come with the family visits. I get it - they're hungry, tired, dirty, emotionally drained, etc., but in the grand scheme of things, they volunteered to go out there for the chance to win $1 million and 30 days away from home just isn't that long.

It was a smart move to vote out Brenda. I felt for her though. Looking forward to seeing her Ponderosa video.

SBETigg
05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Dawn and Sherri are probably my least favorite out there now. I'm not really upset with any of them winning at this point, but Dawn and Sherri are annoying to me, too. And I agree on Brenda, smart move to vote her out but I felt bad for her. She made the right choice and it still bit her. I don't know why anyone ever wants to win those last few rewards. Jeff always puts the winner on the spot and fatal choices are presented. Not good, not worth the reward or sacrifice.

Melanie
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Brenda's Ponderosa video is good. She understands, but is upset. I can't say I blame her.

Just read Stephen Fishbach's blog for People magazine, and he is really in the opinion that Dawn made a big mistake last night not voting out Eddie first. He concedes that there wouldn't be a great way for Dawn to get rid of Brenda, but that sending her packing before Eddie was the worst way, creating a bitter juror in Brenda.

Granny Jill A
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Does anyone think that Brenda may have given up during the challenge? She is a strong, strong competitor, and for her to lose was very odd IMHO.

I don't give Dawn and Sherri much chance to finish in the top 3. Eddie's got the target for next time unless he wins immunity.

Can't wait to see the next episode.

SBETigg
05-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Brenda's Ponderosa video is good. She understands, but is upset. I can't say I blame her.

Just read Stephen Fishbach's blog for People magazine, and he is really in the opinion that Dawn made a big mistake last night not voting out Eddie first. He concedes that there wouldn't be a great way for Dawn to get rid of Brenda, but that sending her packing before Eddie was the worst way, creating a bitter juror in Brenda.

I have to agree with him there, but Brenda is still a challenge threat, too. Dawn did let go of her own game in favor of Cochran's plans, once again, despite what she said. Voting out Dawn won't bite Cochran like it did Dawn because of Brenda's perceived good relationship/friendship with Dawn. Brenda fished for Dawn's teeth. Dawn owed her. She probably wouldn't hold it against Cochran in the same way.

TheDuckRocks
05-09-2013, 02:19 PM
I think there is a very real possibility that they really made a big mistake last night in voting out Brenda. I know it's a big if, but if Eddie should but some chance win the next challenge he could very easily win the whole shabang!

Donald Duck
05-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I have watched every episode of Surivivor since day one.

I'm hoping we never see Dawn, Cochran or Sherri again on Survivor. Can't stand any of them. (along with Brandon and others)

It really bugs me when 3 usless players who can't win challenges and just cry and complain attach themselves to a group who has the numbers.

I hope Eddie wins but it will be a long shot.
I was rooting for the three amigos but Malcom kept telling his plans to Dawn and she kept stabbing him in the back.

I remember when the challenges used to be very physical. Watch Season 2 Survivor Australia. You won't believe what they did compared to today's Survivor of solving puzzles and tossing balls into a hoop.

It was so much better then. The people who were good at physical challenges weren't voted off right away because they were needed to win.
Now all you have to do is stand in one spot for 3 hours to win a challenge.

Brenda should have kept the reward challenge and not given it away. By giving it away, that person puts a big target on his or her back because now everyone is thinking how good it's going to look by doing that to the rest of the survivors.

Eddie please win the remaining immunity challenges. if you do, you will be a lock to win !

Ian
05-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Not a Dawn fan. Not sure why, but something bugs me. :shrug:In the very beginning of her first season I sort of felt bad for her. As time went on I found myself more and more annoyed and irritated with her constant over-wrought histrionics. By the time she shot herself in the foot and went home I was thrilled.

This season, right from the start, I've disliked her immensely. She actually strikes me as being near unstable. Anyone who's given to such wild mood swings and breakdowns over the smallest little insult almost comes across as being in need of medication of some sort.

Also (and I realize this is mean but I don't really care :D ) she has like a horse face or horse mouth or something and it just really annoys me. Can't put my finger on it but it's like the icing on the cake for me.

Eddie is overrated if you ask me. In a challenge where he clearly felt it was win or go home, he didn't even show up. If he's so physically dominant over these other players (like he always says) he should have won easily in a challenge that was all about physical strength.

SBETigg
05-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Eddie is overrated if you ask me. In a challenge where he clearly felt it was win or go home, he didn't even show up. If he's so physically dominant over these other players (like he always says) he should have won easily in a challenge that was all about physical strength.

He's like a big puppy out there, all happy to be there and no strategy. Though that might be an insult to puppies. Maybe his strategy is to not look like a threat? No, he has no strategy.

Melanie
05-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Also (and I realize this is mean but I don't really care :D ) she has like a horse face or horse mouth or something and it just really annoys me. Can't put my finger on it but it's like the icing on the cake for me.

My hubby (who doesn't watch and was just passing through the room the other night) asked me if Dawn was the tanning bed mom that was in the news a while back. :blush:

Eddie is overrated if you ask me.

Who is singing his praises? No one I've seen (except himself). Reynold was the one winning the challenges. They were right to get him out when they did.

Ian
05-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Who is singing his praises? No one I've seen (except himself). Reynold was the one winning the challenges. They were right to get him out when they did.Overrated in his own mind. ;)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-10-2013, 05:17 PM

With Dawn, its her Jaw, it just juts out and begs to be slapped. Totally distorts her face, which is generally contorted enough with all her crying.

Previously on Survivor: "and Dawn cried"
Next week on Survivor: "and Dawn cried"

Because Eddie-Erik-Sherri appear to be clueless mental midgets (who could control the game) I pretty much see Dawn in the F3. Which, the good thing about that is, she'll get lit up like a Christmas Tree.

If Eddie-Erik-Sherri had a half a brain between the three of them, they'd join up and vote out Cochrane first and then Dawn, or reverse order if Cochrane wins immunity.

But, post merge Sherri is simply content to have her strings pulled and vote simply how Cochrane wants her to. Erik seems to be just wandering mentally in the desert and is aligned with no one, and Eddie is just happy he can sit around for a few more days and grow his beard.

My prediction, no spoilers, is that F3 will be Cochrane, Sherri and Dawn and that will also be the order of finish with Cochran probably getting at least 6 of the 8 votes and Sherri maybe pulling down 2. I don't see Dawn getting any.

SBETigg
05-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree that it could be a Cochran, Sherri, Dawn finale, but I see Sherri getting no votes. I think Dawn could get a few. Erik or Eddie are risky to bring to the end at this point.

missymouseworld
05-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Couldn't be happier with the outcome and the winner! I have been watching from the first season and truly believe that the person who played the best game actually won this time. Looking forward to September......

Melanie
05-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Final tribal was...wow! I don't think I've ever seen a jury so brutally honest with Sherri. I guess the truth hurts. And Brenda and Dawn and the teeth thing? :jaw: That was something I won't soon forget. But yay - Cochrane for the win!

The reunion was disappointing. It's never a great day for me when I have to see Rob. I'll be running right out today to buy his book of rules. :ack: And Rudy looks great for 85. And you never know what he's going to say! I missed having the pre jury Survivors out there, and blame the producers on that since apparently they didn't want Brandon there. You just don't play with fire!

TheDuckRocks
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm so happy that Cochran won!!! So very happy that neither Sherri (flyin under the radar should not be a win) nor Dawn (really a nasty, bitter woman until the end, with no idea why so many find her offensive) got any votes. Would have been interesting if Jeff would have polled the jury to see how many would have voted for Eddie if he would have been in the final 3.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-13-2013, 11:01 AM
)Would have been interesting if Jeff would have polled the jury to see how many would have voted for Eddie if he would have been in the final 3.

But that would have actually been a worthwhile question, and it would have taken away from us getting to see Rudy/Rich in a senseless moment, or some little girl fawning over Malcolm with better hair then her, or the worst of the them all, Boston Rob hawking (can't use the word I'd normally use) his self published book. Even with only 11 people to interview, Jeff still didn't get to 3 or 4 of them. Hands down has to be one of the worst reunion shows of all time.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Based on the end-game that was playing out, that was the fitting conclusion for the season, and frankly based on his edit and how certain things seemed to play out, Cochrane was a pretty obvious winner.

Sherri had control of Shamar in the game and that was about it, and was completely non-existent from the point the tribes were mixed up. The only interesting thing about her was how certain parts of her body never seemed to waste away like the rest. Her "I'm rich and have no idea how I got here" opening argument pretty much summed up how clueless she truly was about the game.

Dawn, her own worst enemy. I think people wanted a reason to vote for her, but she couldn't give it to them. Had she not spent 38 days balling her eyes out, having panic attacks and as Cochrane so aptly pointed out "needed her daily therapist" she would have had a shot in the game. But nobody is going to respect a player, regardless of how good their strategy was, if they have to be talked down off the ledge on a daily basis. They just aren't taken seriously.

I really would have liked to see Eddie in the final 3. Either he would have been an incredible flame-out and butchered by the jury, or a huge surprise. I wouldn't have wanted him to win, but it would have been more interesting.

Not sure how I would rate this season. Definitely some good if not great defining moments, but I can't help but think of all the bad game play that went on as well, that allowed Cochrane to stay in control.

Better than last season I would say.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-13-2013, 11:19 AM
There is a minor spoiler here about next season, nothing about who wins or specifically who is in it, but regards to the "theme".

So, pretty certain the reference to Blood & Water is simply "blood is thicker than water" and if spoilers I've read hold true, and I have no reason to doubt that they won't, next season will be a combination of returning players with a relative (sibling/spouse/parent/other) along with them.

If people want, I can post a list of who I believe the returning players are and who they are bringing.

Lets just say, if ever I was thinking about skipping a season of Survivor, this might be it.

I'll check back.

SBETigg
05-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Please just tell me there are no Hantzes involved. I am so done with the Hantz family. Also, Phillip. I never want to see those players again. But a family season makes it seem like they would bring on the Hantz men and that really turns me off.

As a theme, it's interesting, but it builds some alliances in advance for post merge strategy, and that makes it less interesting. The Camaroan season really only got good after merge, once the problem players/camera hogs were more out of the way.

That's my one last comment on Camaroa. The season had ups and downs, and the downs were definitely brought on by a few notable returning players and bad behavior in some new people. After merge, it got better and more intriguing. I love that Cochran won, and unopposed, too. His closing arguments were well done, and I'm glad we had some good questions from the jury this time out. Malcolm's preening is a little irritating now. I watched the Ponderosa scenes and he is clearly just a little stuck on himself, or he was playing it for laughs and it just fell flat. But I think maybe he needs some ego deflating. Best answer of the night was Cochran's pinning down the difference in their game play and why he succeeded where Malcolm failed. Well, that's more than a few last comments, sorry.

IwannabeinNarnia
05-13-2013, 12:58 PM
I was not thrilled with how that played out. Cochran won two of those immunities because he had an advantage.. who is to say what would have happened if he didn't have them. Dawn was a cry baby tattle tale.. Sherri? well, she was a non player to me. Eddie, he just got lucky to have made it as far as he did because he wasn't a threat like Malcolm and Reynold.. AND because Malcolm gave him a hidden immunity ... Erik.. well, again, not much of a player. So I personally don't feel that the best players made it to the finals.. it was just a matter of having the numbers....

Granny Jill A
05-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Hooray for Cochran. The little guy won it all. I was hoping that Brenda would let the teeth thing go by with Dawn, but hell hath no fury like a woman who is "owed" something.

Melanie
05-13-2013, 03:23 PM
But that would have actually been a worthwhile question, and it would have taken away from us getting to see Rudy/Rich in a senseless moment, or some little girl fawning over Malcolm with better hair then her, or the worst of the them all, Boston Rob hawking (can't use the word I'd normally use) his self published book. Even with only 11 people to interview, Jeff still didn't get to 3 or 4 of them. Hands down has to be one of the worst reunion shows of all time.

Yes, this!!!! :yes:

Melanie
05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
So I personally don't feel that the best players made it to the finals.. it was just a matter of having the numbers....

Best players in what capacity?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-13-2013, 03:45 PM
I was not thrilled with how that played out. Cochran won two of those immunities because he had an advantage.. who is to say what would have happened if he didn't have them. the numbers....

I wasn't too bothered by Cochrane having the immunity advantages, first off, because they were there for the taking by any of the Survivors. At the survivor auction Malcolm says he's going to hold out and then bids on the very first thing, so Cochrane, who did hold out, got the advantage. The second advantage was won after a hard fought challenge. Cochrane's house of cards fell down no less than three times, yet he hung in there and won the advantage.

What I didn't like is that the advantages were near absolute. In the case of the rope immunity, it was as near a 100% guarantee that you could have, and I don't like that. I couldn't figure out what the advantage was going to be when I saw the challenge, and frankly, having one bag untied should have been the advantage, not all three. I think Cochrane was done with all 3 bags before any one else was back with two, that's way to big an advantage to give anyone.

The only thing I will say is that like the Boston Rob season, things seemed to be aligned (meaning set up by production) for someone like a Cochrane to win. All the idols, actually giving two advantages at the Survivor auction, giving away another advantage at final 4, it seemed a way to give a potential edge to those not quite of the physically dominant persuasion.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-13-2013, 03:56 PM
:spoiler:

Here is a list of purported returnees with their respective family members. No winners or boot list provided, only the speculated cast for next season. I think originally it was being billed as "Survivor - Plus 1"

:spoiler:
Officially returning:
-Rob Cesternino -Bringing his wife Nicole
-Aras -Bringing his brother Vytas
-Kat -Bringing her boyfriend Hayden (Hayden won Big Brother 12)
-Gervase
-Rupert -Bringing his wife Laura
-Tina Wesson -Bringing her daughter Katie
-Colton -Bringing his fiance Caleb
-RC
-Monica Culpepper -Bringing her husband Brad
-Stephanie Valencia

Alternates who were cut late:
-Tyson
-Terry
-Natalie Bolton
-Ozzy and his sister
-Candice W. and her husband

I would guess that a majority of this cast is correct. Its possible all are brought and some chosen last minute, but I would think this to be a fairly accurate list.

If it is, its really not one that I'm too excited about. Only question is, how do they divide the tribes. Are returnees paired up with their "plus 1" or are they placed on separate tribes?

Carol
05-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Happy with the outcome - given the 3 left.

I actually like both Richard and Rob as players. They certainly set the mold for future seasons. Just my opinion. :twocents:

Melanie
05-13-2013, 05:28 PM
The above really should be put in spoiler white font. I'm on my phone or I'd do it. There are some folks who may not want to know.

If one of those on that list is true, I may not watch. Of course, I always say that. But what are they thinking????

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-14-2013, 12:17 PM
My apologies, didn't even realize you could do that. I thought or was hoping by putting up the spoiler signs that that would be enough to warn anyone.

Thanks to whomever made the correction for me. Apologies if I spoiled anything for anyone.

SBETigg
05-14-2013, 01:45 PM
The above really should be put in spoiler white font. I'm on my phone or I'd do it. There are some folks who may not want to know.

If one of those on that list is true, I may not watch. Of course, I always say that. But what are they thinking????

It's white now. I looked anyway. And not impressed. I agree with you, Melanie, on one of the potential players. No thank you. I will probably watch anyway, but not thrilled. Happy that my initial fear is alleviated, though.

JanetMegan
05-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Wow if that list is correct then I probably would flat out not watch.

Melanie
05-15-2013, 10:21 AM
It's white now. I looked anyway. And not impressed. I agree with you, Melanie, on one of the potential players. No thank you. I will probably watch anyway, but not thrilled. Happy that my initial fear is alleviated, though.

I'm just angry that they'd potentially give that person more airtime. Really? So sad.

And why am I not surprised that :spoiler: Kat and Hayden :spoiler: are dating? They seem perfect for each other. lol

And another NFL star.

Melanie
05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
My apologies, didn't even realize you could do that. I thought or was hoping by putting up the spoiler signs that that would be enough to warn anyone.

No, it's fine. Stickied at the top of this forum is the thread on spoilers. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
05-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I had to bing the person you are talking about.
:ack:
Interesting side note was the mugshots from an arrest.

Ian
05-15-2013, 12:17 PM
A bit late cuz I DVR'd it and watched late, but very happy with the outcome of the game and disappointed with the finale.

Sorry, but that entire "awkward pre-teen girl/Malcolm" segment was just totally weird and the entire Rudy/Richard thing was just a disaster. They can't have been happy with the way that went.

SBETigg
05-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry, but that entire "awkward pre-teen girl/Malcolm" segment was just totally weird and the entire Rudy/Richard thing was just a disaster. They can't have been happy with the way that went.

True. I just read an interview with Erik, who was disappointed that he never got to speak during the finale. I would much rather have heard from him and other booted contestants than given time to long past Survivor contestants.

Apparently, a lot of the pre-mergers were disappointed that they never even made it on stage. Jeff Probst said they're probably going to do the rest of the reunion shows this way because it's so much of a hassle to get all of them up onstage at once. I don't mind the early boots not getting onstage, but I much prefer hearing from the season's contestants over the past ones.

Melanie
05-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Jeff Probst said they're probably going to do the rest of the reunion shows this way because it's so much of a hassle to get all of them up onstage at once. I don't mind the early boots not getting onstage, but I much prefer hearing from the season's contestants over the past ones.

What's too much of a hassle? This was by far the worst reunion show in recent history. How hard is it to seat everyone up there so they are at least seen, even if they aren't talked to. I think it's all a smokescreen to ignore the Brandon issue. All the extras (Rob, Richard, Rudy, the tween girl) were not received well, from all I've read.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-15-2013, 04:07 PM
What's too much of a hassle? This was by far the worst reunion show in recent history. How hard is it to seat everyone up there so they are at least seen, even if they aren't talked to. I think it's all a smokescreen to ignore the Brandon issue. All the extras (Rob, Richard, Rudy, the tween girl) were not received well, from all I've read.

Totally agree, without doubt one of the worst reunion shows that Probst has hosted. I do think the spectre of Brandon kept them from focusing on any of the premerge Survivors. Which is too bad, as I think there are one or two good questions that could have been asked about Corrine, as her boot sort of started the tribal break of SRU. Even a quick question to Shemar would have been good.

I don't recall Jeff talking to Erik, Michael, Eddie, Reynold or Andrea or Sherri, once the votes had been read. He might have but if he did, it was nothing worth remembering. I mean, at least ask Eddie about his bar/dog kennel business.

I wouldn't mind seeing all Survivors on stage at the same time, but then Jeff preface the reunion show by saying he's only going to talk with post merge players. Then say that for other interviews and questions, go to CBS.com and there they can post some videos of Jeff talking to or asking at least one question from each of the premerge players.

But wasting time on Twitter questions, Cochran's dating status, Rudy/Rich, Boston Rob's worthless book and that little girl was just a complete and utter fail.

I'm also starting to backtrack a bit on how I view Cochran's game. I still think he's a very good player, but I think he just played a mistake free, low-risk game. The stars aligned for him, and it became a game of timing. His timing was perfect, but looking back I don't think he had a real long-term strategy for how he was planning to get to the end. I think he, along with others, were content to ride SRU as long as it could go. So I think he played a good game, a strong game, but not a great game. He was able to control his own little sphere of influence, but that was it, and fortunately for him it was never really challenged.

Ian
05-15-2013, 10:34 PM
I don't recall Jeff talking to Erik, Michael, Eddie, Reynold or Andrea or Sherri ... He talked to Andrea, but it was only that like 10 second segment where he made fun of her and she made that goofy remark about not putting her on a show with so many "handsome boys."

Another low point in a show full of them. :shake:

Melanie
05-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Reynold talked some as well, but nothing of any consequence (as in asking about the 'pretty, young people' alliance).

SBETigg
05-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Reynold talked some as well, but nothing of any consequence (as in asking about the 'pretty, young people' alliance).

I would have liked to hear how his wife felt about his canoodling with one of the pretty young people early on, and then his blatant flirting with Andrea during the Ponderosa scenes. Guy did not act like a married man out there. Maybe she's cool with it? I don't know. Inquiring minds.

Melanie
05-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Wow, just read through a Facebook post by Allie and an EW interview from Erik, and they are both quite upset about the reunion. Allie makes a ton of great points in her rant. I'd post it, but it's full of INTERCOT :nono: . ;) Her name is Allie Pohevitz if you are interested.

SBETigg
05-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Wow, just read through a Facebook post by Allie and an EW interview from Erik, and they are both quite upset about the reunion. Allie makes a ton of great points in her rant. I'd post it, but it's full of INTERCOT :nono: . ;) Her name is Allie Pohevitz if you are interested.

I can't blame the early boots for wanting more screen time. In the case of Erik, he really wanted to talk about his health issue, how he went out, and what his strategy was going to the end. I think he would have won it had he stayed in, and they really owed him some time. Not that anyone was owed anything, really, but it would have been nice.

Dawn said that she and Sherri split the 2nd and 3rd place money evenly between them since there was no way to say who was 2nd and 3rd (though we all know Dawn was 2nd). And I know the returning Survivors always get paid an appearance fee above and beyond the prize money depending on what their agents negotiate for them, but no one ever mentions that.

Melanie
05-17-2013, 09:50 AM
They should have determined 2nd place by the amount of challenges won, or something like that. I think that's fair.

I saw they all get $10K for appearing at the finale. Not sure if that's correct or not.

Ian
05-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Yikes ... she's 100% right, though. The finale was a complete disaster and the segments with Rob, Rudy, Hatch, and the little girl were inane and offensive.

I really, really hope CBS looks at the backlash from this and does the right thing next season. I really look forward to the reunion show and getting to learn a little bit more about the folks who weren't featured so prominently during the season. I don't tune in to watch Rudy spouting off slurs and some poor little deer-in-the-headlights 12 year old mumbling something about what she does or doesn't think about Malcolm.

Shabby ... the entire thing was just shabby ...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Time to create a Reunion-Ator Dr. Doofenshmirz.

A machine that will zap Jeff every time he gets off topic and wants to bring up Rob, Penner, Savage, Skupin, Colby, Cochran or Hantz when it isn't their season. Or creates a trap door any time he steps off the stage and walks toward the audience.

This reunion might be as bad as the one Rosie O'Donnell did for Marquesa season.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-17-2013, 12:30 PM
I just read an interview with Probst that he he (and always does) with Dalton Ross. What a phony. "We had a different stage this year, smaller, so we decided to put the prejury members out in the audience".

Uggh. The reunion show has been almost universally panned by people that watch and like Survivor, yet Probst goes on and on like it was the best thing since sliced bread. Sounds like this will be the format going forward too.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Lets see if I do this :spoiler: right this time. Nothing in the spoiler regarding who may or may not win next season, just a comment on the season's twist.

So according to message boards that I've been reading, they are bringing back Redemption Island for next season, and I believe S28 as well.

Also for S28, which would air February of 2014, rumored returnees are Malcolm and Reynold, which I would assume goes back to a Rob/Russell and a Coach/Ozzy type season.

Survivor news keeps getting worse and worse.