PDA

View Full Version : Teppon Edo

Mitzie
02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
We have ressies for this spot in April. DH is still thinking of picking up the DDP. If so we were just going to pay OOP for our youngest who still prefers the items on the children's menu, which saves her sit down credits and we can add another sit down to our plans. Does anyone know if this spot is considered like a buffet..are they going to consider her an adult? She is 12, weighs about 70lbs and doesn't eat much and is picky.

jnfr2424
02-05-2013, 02:41 PM
It's not a buffet think of your local hibachi Japanese restaraunt.
When using a Dining plan everyone in your party has to be on the plan.
I do not think (someone correct me if I am wrong) you can pay half out of pocket and the other half with the DDP. Kids have their own menus there as well so the food portion will be kid sized.

WishingStar2006
02-05-2013, 03:14 PM
That's not quite right...while everyone on your reservation (hotel) has to have the dinng plan if anyone has the dining plan when you are actually at a restaurant you can pay out of pocket for some and use the dining plan for others...just tell the wait staff ahead of time. No biggie and it happens all the time!

SBETigg
02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Not a buffet, but considering the unique nature of the service at Teppan Edo, I wouldn't assume it's a place where children over ten years old can safely order off the children's menu (as you can in most non-buffet places). So I think it's a good question, and I'm not sure how they would handle this at Teppan Edo.

Mitzie
02-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Not a buffet, but considering the unique nature of the service at Teppan Edo, I wouldn't assume it's a place where children over ten years old can safely order off the children's menu (as you can in most non-buffet places). So I think it's a good question, and I'm not sure how they would handle this at Teppan Edo.

Thanks...that is kind of what we were thinking thus the question. We will work under the assumption that she can't order off the children's menu and if they let her great.

SBETigg
02-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Thanks...that is kind of what we were thinking thus the question. We will work under the assumption that she can't order off the children's menu and if they let her great.

That's how I would proceed, too. I was hoping you would get a definitive answer from someone who had done it. Please let us know how it goes.