PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend - August 30-September 1, 2013

Melanie
02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend -
August 30-September 1, 2013

:mjump: :dumbo:

Events include:
Disneyland Half Marathon - Sunday, September 1
Disneyland 10K - Saturday, August 31
Dumbo Double Dare - Saturday, August 31 and Sunday September 1
Family Fun Run 5K - Saturday, August 31
Kids Races - Saturday, August 31

All events are SOLD OUT.

Event Costs:
Disneyland Half Marathon
$175 by February 19, 2013
$190 between February 20 and April 16, 2013
$205 on or after April 17, 2013

Disneyland 10K
$95 by February 19, 2013
$110 between February 20 and April 16, 2013
$125 on or after April 17, 2013

Dumbo Double Dare
$280 by February 19, 2013
$300 between February 20 and April 16, 2013
$320 on or after April 17, 2013

DisneylandŽ Family Fun Run 5K
$65 per participant

runDisney Kids Races
$20 per child

Official Page here (http://www.rundisney.com/disneyland-half-marathon/)

Patricia
02-06-2013, 10:25 AM
This race sells out faster every year!

Melanie
02-06-2013, 10:29 AM
1 hour this year, after it opened to the general public! Craziness. But it had been open for a few weeks prior at both the WDW Marathon and Tink Expos, and also to Disney Visa holders.

Sherrielsb
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
couldn't believe how fast this one sold out, I got the email reminder and within 2 hours was on the computer and it was already 65% full and the Dumbo double dare was completely gone. I would have liked to give that one a whirl, maybe next year. I will need to set an alarm on my phone to go off 5 min before registration opens so I can wake up and get on the computer for next year.

badkitty
02-06-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm in for the 10K. Can't wait! I did the half last year to get my Coast to Coast and I didn't know if I was up to another long run in the summer. I'm slow and it was getting quite warm on the streets of Anaheim. What a thrill though!

Anybody going to the pasta party?

jonahbear2006
03-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Me and my husband have bibs for this. It did sell out fast. We couldnt get into Dumbo and we wanted to and now we are sorry we even bought the bibs at all. I love RunDisney but it seems that this "trend" is getting out of hand, as far as we are concerned. THe princess race, I thought, was a nightmare. I am trying to be positive and get to land and get my coast to coast without resigning but I am so tempted to not fight the crowd this time. Maybe I am just burnt out, idk. I did Goofy in Jan. and then the 5k and princess half in feb. I guess the Expo and the loss of internet and the serious crowds of people and waiting all weekend then the parks exploding with people just made it not magical at all. Ive never been to Disneyland. What is the difference in the wdw races and lands races?

badkitty
03-26-2013, 01:12 PM
There were a lot fewer people at the DL half last year. 15,000 was the field I think. I don't know how many slots they sold this year.

There is a lot of Anaheim street running and you run through the two parks about two miles of the start. This almost got me caught up in the sweep because I was in the next to last corral and wanted to get a few pictures. I had to really hustle once I exited the parks. The parks were crowded but once you hit the streets, the group was able to spread out. Running through Angel Stadium was amazing! The stands were filled with people yelling your name as you went by. So fun!!

Melanie
03-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Running through Angel Stadium was amazing! The stands were filled with people yelling your name as you went by. So fun!!

I think that's the part my husband is looking forward to the most. :bball:

NewDVCowner
04-22-2013, 05:51 PM
So, are there any Intercotee's that are going to be running this half marathon?

I've signed up, as have my two sisters. It will be the first half marathon for all three of us.

disneygoofball
04-23-2013, 05:51 AM
I've signed up, as have my two sisters. It will be the first half marathon for all three of us.

Congrats on taking the plunge! :thumbsup: This race is really a good one to do as your first half - the course is flat, it's well organized, and it's, well, Disney! :mickey: Soak it all in and enjoy the ride. :)

Melanie
05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Added just released pic of the medals to original post. :dumbo: :hatter:

Melanie
05-08-2013, 09:36 PM
And closer images of the medals and their ribbons. This is Half and 10K.

Melanie
05-08-2013, 09:40 PM
And Dumbo Double Dare and 5K.

Melanie
05-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I do love how the Dumbo medal is like the signage for the double Dumbo's in Florida. :dumbo:
Not crazy about the 5K one.

Christine
07-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Did I miss it or did we not have a thread for this race going yet?
A month away and I'm getting SO excited to race in California and to see Disneyland for the FIRST TIME!!

Who's going?

I got my corral placement and bib number today. I think the only corral after me is the people who run it blindfolded and backwards ;) but I'm doing it! :thumbsup:

This seems real now! I HAVE to start planning!

Happy training to all! Let us know if you'll be in Cali next month!

Melanie
07-31-2013, 08:55 PM
Look about 6 threads down. ;)

Do we have enough folks to do a mini-meet? :mickey:

James (DH) looked at his stuff yesterday and he's in Corral A. hahahaha! I promise we didn't fudge anything. Maybe it's just because he's done so many already? Hey, we aren't complaining though. Earlier he's done, earlier we are out of there and I'm in the parks. :D

Really Christine, with the exception of maybe a few dining reservations (yes, it's called a reservation there), don't stress.

tinkwest
07-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Do we have enough folks to do a mini-meet? :mickey:

I'd come to a meet. :mickey:

Christine
07-31-2013, 11:04 PM
I still don't see a thread, but I'm only ever on my phone, so that may be why :blush:

Anyhoo, I'd be up for a mini meet! I think after the race we may do the cheeky Hollywood bus tour, but other than that we will be at the Disneyland hotel Tues-Monday.

Disney4us2
08-01-2013, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't worry about your corral area. From our experience last year (as a volunteer), the area is hugh. They use the parking area from DTD as the staging area. We passed by it on our way to the volunteer staging area at Mickey & Friends parking.

Like Melanie said you might need a couple of reservations. We had one for breakfast at Storytellers Cafe on Labor Day and I was glad. It was a madhouse waiting to get in without one.

I so wish things were different for me so I could be here. Guess I will just have to find a way to volunteer for WDW's races. You are so going to love Disneyland. Take it all in.

Christine
08-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks! I'm booking some things tonight - world of color package for sure.

This seems too easy?! You just book a room, buy tickets, and go to the parks?! No calendars? No apps? No regimented pre existing schedule 180 days out? No restrictions? This wdw girl is in shock! ;)

Very excited! As you may know, the doctor I work for (and go to) is te medical director at WDW runDisney events. He has since gotten his California license and is now going to be in California too staring this race!

We are all in good hands! :thumbsup:

Melanie
08-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm going to merge this with the other thread. ;)

Carol
08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
This seems too easy?! You just book a room, buy tickets, and go to the parks?! No calendars? No apps? No regimented pre existing schedule 180 days out? No restrictions? This wdw girl is in shock! ;)

Exactly. It's a very relaxed atmosphere - hence my avatar. ;)

Carol
08-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Christine - since it's a holiday weekend you might want to make a few PSs. I'd suggest Blue Bayou for lunch, Steakhouse 55 for breakfast or dinner, Carnation Cafe, Thunder BBQ, Carthay Circle and Ralph Brennans. If you like burgers and onion rings - Hungry Bear is a must do. :D

Christine
08-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Gotcha! Thanks got the recommendations!!

NewDVCowner
08-02-2013, 04:21 PM
I just found out my corral assignment - F, second to last. No big surprise since I've never run a half marathon before (or anything, actually). Honestly I'm more surprised that I'm not in the last one. :blush:

Christine
08-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Aryn, I'm in F too! :wave:

badkitty
08-04-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm in for the 10K only and it will be a real quick trip for me. I'm flying out on Saturday right after the race for a reunion with friends in WDW! The trip to FL is an exciting last minute change.

Good luck to all doing the half! I'd love to meet you all if you plan something.

NewDVCowner
08-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Aryn, I'm in F too! :wave:

:thumbsup:

We'll need to look for each other. My sisters and I are going to be in red/orange shirts with a lighter orange overlay....that's all we know at this point. :mickey:

Christine
08-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Ok :thumbsup: I haven't decided of I'm dressing up again or not. Ill whether be in a black top and teal shorts, or a jolly holiday Mary Poppins costume! :blush:

Christine
08-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Just in case you missed it, we are putting together a mini- meet for this weekend! :)

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200862

clausjo
08-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Good luck to everyone running this weekend! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!:mickey:

cer
08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey everyone!

I am sitting here in my home and thinking of all of you who are running this weekend!

Have a great time and be sure to take lots of pics!

:mickey:

Lacy
08-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Good luck to everyone running this weekend!!!! - Wish I were there, love this race! And I hope the Dumbo Double Dare is extra fun!

VWL Mom
08-31-2013, 08:33 AM
Good luck to all this weekend's runners :walk:

badkitty
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Finished the 10K today and now I'm heading home. I thought it was very warm and humid and difficult to get to the corrals due to so many people and delays from the 5K going first. Lots of fun running through both parks!

Wishing everyone running the half a great race! I can't wait to hear what folks think of the Dumbo Double Dare.

Disney4us2
08-31-2013, 06:37 PM
Congrats to all who ran today's race and good luck to those running Sunday's race. Wish I were there to cheer you all on.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

cer
09-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey there, I hope everyone is healthy and having a great run this morning!

:thumbsup:

Patricia
09-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Congrats to all our runners!

NewDVCowner
09-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Well, I didn't make it to the meet. I was still at the Expo at that time. Holy cow! Those lines are long.

I had a LOT of fun at the half marathon. I felt good the whole time and can't wait for the next one. I finished in three hours, nine minutes. I was hoping to come in under three hours, but considering the heat I think I did really well. I heard that at 4:00 in the morning the day of the race it was already 78 degrees at 68% humidity - which sounds about right. Once the sun started beating down on us it was really hard.

There was so much encouragement along the course that it really helped pull us through. Thanks to all the volunteers out there that helped pull this whole thing together.

I'm looking forward to my next half marathon, which is the Wine and Dine in November. Hopefully we won't have to deal so much with the heat for that one - and in the very least I won't need to worry about remembering to wear a visor! :cool:

clausjo
09-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Congratulations to everyone that ran! I heard it was really hot and the expo lines were really, really long. Hope everyone had fun!

Christine
09-03-2013, 05:25 PM
I too wanted to finish the race under three hours, but my time was three hours one minute 58 seconds. Oh well there's always next time. Again, the heat was oppressive! I didn't enjoy this marathon anywhere near as much as the Walt Disney World marathons, I think running through Anaheim was boring and had little shade and awkward surfaces. But I'm so happy to have my coast to coast metal that it was all worthwhile! And of course seeing Disneyland for the first time was just magical!
Congratulations to all the runners, and if I have one word of advice it is to plan your trip and park days after the marathon not before. My legs were worn out before the race day Ever arrived :)

GMRO
09-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Congrats to everyone who ran!!!

Hope you all recover fast and well.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and accomplishments too!

Melanie
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
We had a great weekend, except for the heat. Oh my lordy, I felt like I was in Florida the whole time, and honestly, that stunk. Had fun hanging out with Christine and her family, and our little mini meet with Linda (tinkwest).

As for the race itself, so proud of my hubby. He's glad to also finally get his Coast to Coast medal. He was fortunate enough to be in an early starting corral and the heat didn't really get to him until the last few miles. I can certainly see how it was a big problem for those later on. So unfortunate. :( As for the course, James didn't dislike it, and actually thought running through Angels Stadium was cool. He also actually made a comparison of the boring parts of this course to that awful stretch of the WDW Marathon leaving AK and going to WWoS then on to DHS. He hates that stretch.

As for the 10K, he liked the course a lot.

As a spectator, I had a great time! A little different feel from the WDW events, but still just as magical. I loved standing in the Esplanade between the 2 parks each morning to cheer. For the 1/2 marathon, I then walked down and stood in front of the Disneyland hotel right at the finish. Perfect!

Now opening day at the Expo was a complete disaster, and I hope they resolve the issues before next year. What a mess!

Lacy
09-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Interesting to hear the reports that the Expo lines were crazy and the weekend wasn't well organized. When I've done the DL Half in the past I always thought it was very well organized and more convenient that having to go to WWoS in Fl. Hope they get it all straightened out next year.

Christine - Congrats on the Coast to Coast!!!! And I hope you enjoyed DL!