PDA

View Full Version : Episode 46 - I Don?t Follow The Baseball

John
02-04-2013, 03:29 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live
Episode 46 – I Don’t Follow The Baseball
The Cast: Michael Montanez, Christine Warner, Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell, John Yaglenski

- Cranky old people complaining about how cold it is

- Gary was selling his new product - Athletic Trainer Plus (athletictrainerplus.com) and the kerning is beautiful

- This year’s D23 and Alan Parsons. Michael is planning a breakfast

- My Magic Plus formally announced and there’s a lot of details to go over

- Michael wants the magic bands to zap you when you do something dumb

- Christine is apprehensive about how all this will work for AP holders/locals

- Wrist band should light up to shows and parades – thank you to INTERCOT Consulting

- A Logan’s Run reference by Gary - classic

- Prime Pick - Down and Out In The Magic Kingdom: http://www.amazon.com/Down-Magic-Kingdom-Cory-Doctorow/dp/076530953X/intercotcom

- Best of Place to Have a Meal at a Great Price. Michael says Tomorrowland Terrace, Christine goes with Columbia Harbor House, Capn’ Tom – Errr, Gary likes some lunch at the Flame Tree Grill, Ian picks the Kona Café, John’s value is a hot dog the size of his head at Casey’s or the Yorkshire County Fish Shop.

- We get sidetracked by the Calgon commercial

- RunDisney and Jeff Galloway, New Balance shoes and merchandise.

- Mary Poppins the Musical

- Universal Mardi Gras Celebration – Concerts

- Disney management shuffling, reorganization

- Mickey and the Magical Map at Disneyland

>> LISTEN, LOVE, SHARE, SING ALONG... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-46.asp)

PopPhan
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
OK....MUST listen to this tonight! Any mention of Alan Parsons (Yes, even the one in the Austin Powers movie) draws me right in!!! LOL

And the hits just keep on coming -- Gary mentions Logan's Run? Sanctuary!!! :D

Dopey's Girl
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
So Happy!!!

dpamac
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM
OK....MUST listen to this tonight! Any mention of Alan Parsons (Yes, even the one in the Austin Powers movie) draws me right in!!! LOL

And the hits just keep on coming -- Gary mentions Logan's Run? Sanctuary!!! :D

Wait until the one we just recorded comes out. I got in references to The Black Hole and Fringe.

Buttercup
02-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Gah! I want to save this episode to listen on the way down to WDW in a few weeks...
How am I going to resist listening sooner?!?! :mickey:

John
02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
especially knowing another one is coming right behind it...

JMTStone
02-06-2013, 11:34 AM
EVEN MORE singing!:sing:

I'm excited about Run Disney with INTERCOT! I'm in training. I will be running the 5K and perhaps the 1/2 and CHEERING for the full. I will also be hydrating with the crew. I owe Melanie and Christine a beverage. :marg:

Mary Poppins was up here in Pittsburgh before going down to Orlando and I'm with Christine... it was great. Although I didn't cry.

Side note: Kenzie (who you guys got to meet at ICOT15 now 11) LOVED Bawidaba - Kid Rock as a baby and puts her name in the title. Come on... you can hear it... "MY NAME IS MAAAACCCKKK SSSTTTOONNNEEE" I don't let her listen to the whole song these days, though.

I'm with IAN on the DVC sadness losing Claire.

Thanks!

Septbride2002
02-06-2013, 11:47 PM
OMG this was a great podcast - I found myself taking notes about the topics I wanted to discuss.

The Magic Plus or FPP or whatever is called - I'm still on the fence. While I like the idea of securing passes to Soarin so that I don't have to compete in stroller races in the morning, I also don't want to have to plan every minute of my vacation. Also wondering if it will work for DVC and Annual Pass holders like it will for everyone else.

I have to agree with Gary on Flame Tree BBQ - one of the best CS places to eat and a great value. We never eat anywhere else at AK. Maybe it is a midwest thing - the half chicken doesn't bother me at all. Of course I also purchase 1/8th of a cow every few months...

I like both Kona Cafe and Ohana's equally. Although Ohana's get a slight nudge due to the amazing noodles they serve. Very yummy.

I also like John's pick of Fish and Chips - this is a must do for us every trip. And malt vinegar is the only thing that should be served with Fish.

Earl of Sandwich - we love it so much that when my husband was recently in Philly for a work thing I made sure he gave himself plenty of time to go by the one in the airport there to bring me back a sandwich. Yes there is an Earl in the Philladelphia Airport.

Ooohh can we please get a running group! That might motivate me to put the running shoes back on.

There were several laugh out loud moments during this one.

~Amanda

JMTStone
02-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Ooohh can we please get a running group! That might motivate me to put the running shoes back on.

Amanda - here's the thread where we are discussing it http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=197164

BriarRose0708
02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Great way to kick off the first podcast of the new year! I'm with Michael- the wristbands should send out an electric shock every time a guest does something stupid like ask what time the 3:00 parade is.

My best of value would have to be the 100% Kona press pot at Kona Cafe. All that amazing coffee for only $8? I get at least three cups out of it and take the rest in a to-go cup. I don't order the Big Kahuna because it's too much food for me, but I'd agree with Ian that it's a great value as well.

Thanks for the marathon weekend report Christine! I'm so excited to run it next year and support the iCot team!

Quadstriker
02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Colt 45 joke was good.

Wristbands are going to be a huge success for park income due to the ease of payment. Spending goes up when you make it easy to spend money. Go figure.

dpamac
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Colt 45 joke was good.

Wristbands are going to be a huge success for park income due to the ease of payment. Spending goes up when you make it easy to spend money. Go figure.

Was I there for the Colt 45 joke? I need to find time to listen to this one again because I have no recollection of anything that happened. I had been home for maybe 30 minutes after driving 10 hours from Dallas. I was on this one, right?

Did I also mention that our app is perfectly suited for Physical Therapists and Chiropractors too? Anyone who works on rehabbing injuries. It makes a great Valentine's Day gift for all of your healthcare workers.

Quadstriker
02-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Was I there for the Colt 45 joke?

umm... yes.

Boy are you going to be surprised.

BrerGnat
02-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I just listened yesterday.

CHRISTINE: I stand with you in solidarity on the Ski Feet issue. "My name is Natalie, I am 5 foot 2, and I have a size 9 foot." Hey, that made me a great swimmer in high school! ;)

THANK YOU crew for the reminder about the "Ancient Chinese Secret" commercial. I had forgotten about that, but there was an instance last year where Julie Chen from The Talk made that quip, and it was made fun of by all the "clip" shows, like the Soup, and she was accused of being a racist. Every time I heard it, I thought it sounded SO familiar, but I couldn't place it. Now I know. :secret:

Regarding Mickey and the Magical Map, it's a stage show as well. It's not some interative NextGen thing at all. If any of you have played Epic Mickey, the intro is similar to that. Yensid creates a magical map of the world, there is a spot that isn't painted yet, Yensid leaves Mickey in charge of the map, he decides to "fill in the missing paint" and the map comes to life. The map is a giant LED monitor. Basically, it's a musical montage show, using different areas of the world as intros to the musical numbers: the Asian jungle will reveal a Jungle Book inspired musical number, China-Mulan, USA-Pocahontas and Princess and the Frog, Africa-Lion King, Europe-some princess movie song...etc. It honestly sounds very similar to the Believe show on the Disney Dream. They had many of the same musical numbers. It sounds like it will be a great draw, since there really isn't any live entertainment specifically geared towards children at DL, plus the theater is pretty huge and will be a good way to absorb crowds.

Anyway, my favorite food "value" is actually Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. I find that the quality and portion of food there is really great for the price paid. In the parks, I think the Mexican Cantina Two Taco platter with chips is a great value.

Quadstriker
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
This was a really good podcast. I think 5 people is really the sweet spot where people aren't constantly trying to talk over each other. It was very nice to listen to.

I lol'ed @ the Joey Galloway situation.

I especially enjoyed Christine's heartfelt "yay running!" monologue.

What is it with Gary and traveling in Dallas? He should stay away from that city altogether imo.

Best meal at a value:

West coast - Corndog, apple slices, and a beer in California Adventure. The corndogs at Disneyland are LIGHTYEARS ahead of WDW. Huge, meaty, fresh, delicious. Coupled with some chilled apple slices and a frosty brew (they serve good beer in California Adventure) there is no better lunchtime stop. By contrast, I ordered a corndog in WDW expecting the same quality you get on the west side, and almost cried when I saw it.

East coast - Teppan Edo. I can hear it now. "What? Teppan Edo? But that's not 10 dollars. How can that be a value?" Here's how. It's like a show and a meal all in one, and unlike other "dinner shows" the food is actually great and your interaction with your chef is intimate and personal. It's also quite reasonably priced. Now that's value! Get yourself a bottle of plum wine and a sprite and make spritzers. Enjoy! Only downside is it's not a unique Disney experience. It is however, the best Japanese hibachi style restaurant I've been to.

NotaGeek
02-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Was I there for the Colt 45 joke? .

Uh -- you made it. LOL

Lando Calrissian? :beer:

dpamac
02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Uh -- you made it. LOL

Lando Calrissian? :beer:

Wow. No recollection. I'll listen back today and it'll be a whole new experience for me!

Dopey's Girl
02-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Another great podcast. Loves all the singing. You all crack me up.

I'm with Christine, I'm concerned about the seeming lack of concern with Fastpass + or what ever name they are giving this 'service' these days. Im an AP holder, have been for about 4 or 5 years. They get a lot of my money up front each year. While I'm not the average Disney guest, I'm a guest that comes from 1500 miles away, and I make the trek at least 3 times a year. I stay at their resorts, I eat their food. Obviously, I drank the koolaid. But you never considered how some of this 'service' would impact met. That isn't right. I'm all for something to cut wait times, but not at the expense of AP holders or locals. I also agree that the app and site are horrible!

I love that we have our own running group, and that so many of us are planning on being there marathon weekend 2014. That has been a big
motivation for me to get to the gym and get healthy! Can't wait to represent Intercot!

My best of would be Casey's. That chili dog is heaven! More than once Intercot has posted a pic of it on Twitter and it kills me every time. So good, but it's a special treat, I can only allow myself once per visit!

Buttercup
02-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Okay I couldn't resist listening. I'll just have to re-listen to it while I'm driving down to Florida!

I'm only half way through but I had to give you an Oceans Eleven reference since you asked for it:. "I'm gonna drop you like third period french."

:thumbsup:

Now on to listen to the rest of episode 46!

Quadstriker
02-15-2013, 02:57 AM
We're in some serious Barney.

Barney.

Barney Rubble.

TROUBLE!

Buttercup
02-16-2013, 12:59 PM
We're in some serious Barney.

Barney.

Barney Rubble.

TROUBLE!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wjdoc
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
correction for Wawa fans...

The first Wawa store was in Folsom, PA near my childhood home; not Princeton. Still there to this day. Looks just like all the other non-gas Wawas!

I love the podcasts, keep up the good work!

Ian
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
correction for Wawa fans...

The first Wawa store was in Folsom, PA near my childhood home; not Princeton. Still there to this day. Looks just like all the other non-gas Wawas!

I love the podcasts, keep up the good work!I stand corrected. According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia the first Wawa store was, in fact, in Folsom.

Someone mislead me. ;)

Buttercup
02-23-2013, 04:15 PM
*cough cough episode 47 cough*
:)
Just an impatient girl here. Nothing to see here. Lol

diz_girl
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Thanks for another great episode. I look forward to every single one of them. I haven't commented on them in a very long time, since I've been on Intercot very little over the past several months due to some personal issues. However, I never miss an episode. So keep them coming. Missed Carol and Mel, hopefully they're in the next episode.

Back to the Wawa conversation - someone on the Podcast (Ian, I think) asked what happened to the old AM/PM Mini Marts. I believe that they became the A+Plus mini marts. Before I moved away from Philly, there was an AM/PM at the intersection of Bustleton Ave and Byberry Rd in NE Philly that I went to all the time and that became an A+Plus in the nineties. This is to everyone else not from Phily - Wawa was a mini market long before they ever were known as a gas station. While the old Wawas were good, the ones with gas stations are fantastic.

Now on to the Earl of Sandwich holiday sandwich. There is a sandwich shop chain where I live now called Capriotti's (it's founded in Delaware) and their signature sub is called the 'Bobbie'. It has turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo. It's very good, but I tell them to hold the mayo. Most of their locations are in Delaware, Chester County, PA, Nevada and California, but there are some locations sprinkled in other states. I want a Bobbie now.

Finally, I have to say that I loved Christine's inspirational story on how she began running. I think that you've inspired me to get back out running after being off for a few years to have kids.