PDA

View Full Version : For those of you coming to visit and trade vinyls....

kbean
02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Disney has "consolidated" their mystery boxes for trading vinylmation. So for those looking forward to trading while on vaca, here's what I have...

Mk boxes:
Emporium has a 12 clear box and 15 mystery box.
Jewelery Store on Main street has taken theirs away.
Space Merchant will soon take their mystery box away.
Frontier Trading still has their 15 mystery box and a clear box.

Epcot boxes:
Mission Space still had a 15 mystery box for a little longer.
Mouse Gears had a 15 mystery box.
Port of Entry Store no longer has a mystery box.

Hollywood boxes:
Villains in Vogue had a 15 mystery box.
Art of Disney no longer had a mystery box
Stage 1 the Muppet store no longer has a 24 mystery box.
Mickey's of Hollywood has a 15 mystery box.
Tower of Terror Gift shop has a 15 mystery box.

AK:
Island Merchantile had a 15 mystery box.
Everest gift shop had a 15 mystery box.
Dinosaur no longer had a 15 mystery box.

DTD:
D-Street will have a 15 mystery box, clear box, and a jr box.
World of Disney no longer has a box.
Once Upon a toy nol onger has 15 mystery box
Pin Traders has a 15 mystery box.
Art of Disney will be taking their 15 mystery box away.

What I've heard is that they will offer trading at one or two central loactions at each park for now on. As for resorts.I haven't been around to all. Grand Floridian still had a 24 mystery box. But Poly has taken their box away.

I heard everything from that vinyl trading isn't popular. To that too many Cast Members make their own rules up. Don't know the real reason. But there will be upset traders out there.

Happy trading of what's left out there!

N2DisneyWorld
02-04-2013, 11:55 PM
My daughter is really excited about trading some of her duplicate vinyls. Does she have to have the box with the one she wants to trade? We don't have any of them.

Capt_redshirt
02-04-2013, 11:59 PM
no box needed just the vinyl she wants to trade... as to the original post i think this makes sense there was too many different interpretations of the rules. Maybe this will help not only the traders but the CMs as well

Melanie
02-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Interesting and good info. I know we used to get really frustrated in the lack of consistent rules. Maybe this will help.

Thanks for the information!

Cheshire_Girl
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
After talkling to CM's this weekend...and seeing the state of the boxes-I will say, while I am bummed that our opportunities to trade vinyl are being cut in half (and more!) maybe it will help clean up the trading.
Hopefully this will only last long enough for traders to learn to behave a bit better...and then we can get back to it.
I've heard that a lot of people were complaining about CM's not following the rules. Really? they do this for us, and a lot of traders take advantage by trading vinyls that don't have their accessories (I hate this), trading vinyls that are beat up. Buying up the cheap ones and then flooding the parks with them and then getting mad that there is "nothing good" out there...That's the joy of trading. It's all about the hunt. You don't know what you might get-but you gotta be willing to give up what you have to get it!!
**Sigh**
I'll just focus on my pins again for a while I guess!