PDA

View Full Version : Disney Family Magic Tour?

sisterslovindisney
02-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Has anyone here done this tour? If so, can you give me an overview please? Would it be suitable for teens or is it more for little ones? My son is interested in doing some different things this time.

Strmchsr
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
It's definitely aimed at younger kids. It depends on how much your teen likes to be a kid. It's a big scavenger hunt through the Magic Kingdom with a guide ending with a special meet n greet. We all had fun with it, and my oldest is 12, but some teens might think it's a little too "kiddy" for them.

Maybe your son would like the Behind the Steam Trains Tour? That one is awesome. Also the Wild Africa Trek or the AquaSeas Tour at Epcot (or Divequest if you're scuba certified). We've loved all of those tours.

VWL Mom
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Another idea for your son would be the Segway Tour in Epcot. He would need to be at least 16 though.

sisterslovindisney
02-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the responses. He will be 16 but he isn't very coordinated so I don't think the Segway would work. He has Asperger's and isn't as mature as other 16 yr olds. He likes knowing hidden facts and special things that the general public wouldn't know.

DisneyGiant
02-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Check out Mickey's Magical Milestones - I think that's what it's called.

You start on the train & they tell you all about how Walt came up with the idea of Mickey Mouse. You then get to meet Mickey himself - take in Mickey's Philharmagic & learn about the background of that (we also took a tour of Mickey's house (is that still there?)).

Finally it ends with a surprise character at the end. You also get mouse ears & a cool pin as part of the tour. :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
The Keys to the KingdomTour is full of fun facts. They explain what all of the names on the Main S windows are, teach you cool facts about Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion and the Hall of Presidents, feed you lunch at Columbia Harbour House, and then take you behind the scenes. We saw the Splash Mountain water tank, garbage system, parade float warehouse and the utilidors under the MK. It was all very cool to see. It didn't ruin the magic for us, but it could for some people. We loved it! :mickey:

sisterslovindisney
02-12-2013, 07:02 AM
The Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds fun! I also bought a couple books with hidden facts and the hidden mickey's book. He's excited about those ones.

Strmchsr
02-12-2013, 08:36 AM
The Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds fun! I also bought a couple books with hidden facts and the hidden mickey's book. He's excited about those ones.

Keys to the Kingdom is a lot of fun. Only one caveat - you didn't mention how old your son is and you do have to be at least 16 for that tour.

sisterslovindisney
02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
He will be 16 when we go!