PDA

View Full Version : Rehab timeline question

HollyB
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
When rides go down for rehab, do they ever reopen earlier than the announced date? Do the dates ever get delayed? We're likely going for one day to MK in March, right around the time Splash Mountain is scheduled to reopen on the 19th (actually, that's another question if the rehab lists says closed January 2-March 19th, would the 19th be the last day it is closed or the day it reopens?). Our preference would be to go earlier in the week, but this is a favorite ride, so I might be willing to rework the schedule, but I couldn't remember how hard and fast the rehab schedule was. Thanks for any insights!

Strmchsr
02-02-2013, 06:14 PM
March 19 would be the last day of closure with reopening scheduled for March 20.

It really depends. Occasionally you might get a soft opening before the actual date if they are ahead of schedule or testing things, but most of the time it reopens on or after the listed date. So, not out of the question that you would see it open, but I would say don't count on it and be pleasantly surprised if it does happen.

vamaggie
02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Where can we find a list of rehab schedules? How far out do they schedule them? We are going in Nov and I LOOOOVE to plan!!! :blush::blush:

Strmchsr
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Where can we find a list of rehab schedules? How far out do they schedule them? We are going in Nov and I LOOOOVE to plan!!! :blush::blush:

We keep an updated list here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) in Info Central. As for how far in advance they announce it, that depends. In general 4-6 weeks before the refurb begins is when they announce it. Sometimes shorter. For a really big one they'll sometimes announce farther out, but not too often. So, I would start looking for Nov refurbs end of Sept/first of Oct.

HollyB
02-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Thank you, Chris. That's what I had remembered, but it's been a while!

vamaggie
02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks! Will check the rehab schedule in hte fall for our Nov trip.