PDA

View Full Version : It's official!

Dopey's Girl
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Next trip is in the works. April 17-27! The first 3 nights will be at a Disney resort (gotta email Miss Wendy next week...) with the remaining days at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. My Bestie has to go for a work conference, so I'm tagging along! She will be in classes and meetings most of the day, so I'll be on my own a lot. Can't wait for Flower and Garden!!

Melanie
02-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah BUT, when's that Disneyland trip? ;)

Dopey's Girl
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Next January Melanie. I'm thinking of going right after the Marathon meet! But 2014, will mark my West Coast return.

Melanie
02-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Next January Melanie. I'm thinking of going right after the Marathon meet! But 2014, will mark my West Coast return.

I know an original ICOT member who did a coast-to-coast one time, and I thought that was so cool. She was on both Main Streets in the same day. :cool:

Dopey's Girl
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I know an original ICOT member who did a coast-to-coast one time, and I thought that was so cool. She was on both Main Streets in the same day. :cool:

That would be AMAZING! Im already taking notes and making rough trip plans. I've been dying to get there again, all your tweets and pics just sent me over the edge!

BriarRose0708
02-02-2013, 12:10 AM
:clappy: Woot Woot! Flower and Garden is so pretty. Where do you think you'll stay when you're on property?

disney obsessed
02-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Great news! :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
02-02-2013, 10:43 AM
:clappy: Woot Woot! Flower and Garden is so pretty. Where do you think you'll stay when you're on property?

That's the great internal debate...I would love Epcot area, since I know we'll be there a lot. But then I really want to go back to WL, because it's just so amazing. I also think she would get a kick out of a POR Royal Room. Such difficult problems. ;). I'm just going to have Wendy price some optiona next week and go from there!

DVC2004
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Yay! Congrats!

Dopey's Girl
02-05-2013, 04:39 PM
So the trip has changed a bit, but I'm really excited about it.

Each year for the past 5 years or so, my parents have treated us to a beach trip to the Gulf coast, just West of Tampa. I love the little towns we stay in, they have the best food, and the beaches are amazing. Well with my brother's divorce this year, we didn't get to go.

My BFF knows how much I love it, so she suggested that we spend a week in Orlando at the offsite hotel (Hyatt Grand Cypress...anyone have any thoughts on that?) then spend our extra time at the beach! I hadn't even considered that as an option, but now that is what we are doing! So I'll be in WDW from 04/20-26, then off to the beach from 04/26-30!

Can't wait!!!

Melanie
02-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Sounds like you are really excited about the changes, Meg. :) I haven't any advice or knowledge of the Hyatt Grand Cypress, but I had many great off site stays in the past few years (all at Marriott properties). There are some really, really nice accommodations out there beyond Disney.

Although, I am sad you won't be treated like royalty. ;) Maybe one day!

Dopey's Girl
02-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Sounds like you are really excited about the changes, Meg. :) I haven't any advice or knowledge of the Hyatt Grand Cypress, but I had many great off site stays in the past few years (all at Marriott properties). There are some really, really nice accommodations out there beyond Disney.

Although, I am sad you won't be treated like royalty. ;) Maybe one day!

I am really excited about the changes! Love the little beach towns in the Gulf!

My days as Royalty will have to wait. Something fun to try one day!