PDA

View Full Version : Ap

PETE FROM NYC
02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
We are tentatively planning a trip for 9/14, for around 2 weeks. I want to find out about AP discounts for DVC members.
Where do I buy them? Phone, internet, or in person?
When do they start, from purchase date, or from first use day?
DW and I are the members, but can I get them for Mom and sister travelling with us, sharing our room?
If advance sale is required, how far in advance do I need to act?
Compared to regular tickets, after how many days does the AP become a money saver?

VWL Mom
02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
The current rate for a DVC AP with tax is $452. I usually order mine through MS and they either mail a voucher or have the tickets at will call. The ticket becomes active when you exchange the voucher. I'm not sure what happens when you buy the ticket online. You don't need to buy in advance but keep in mind, rates may go up in June.

You would be able to purchase for your mom and sister only if they live with you. They would need to show a state photo ID with their address when you picked up the tickets.

As a rule of thumb, anything more than 10 days is usually a break even. I believe the 10 day PH is running about $400

DizneyRox
02-01-2013, 11:40 PM
You would be able to purchase for your mom and sister only if they live with you. They would need to show a state photo ID with their address when you picked up the tickets.
To elaborate...

This is true, immediate family is eligible for the discount IF AND ONLY IF they live with you. DVC Members taking advantage of the discount must show a membership card at the time of activation, and all adults will need an ID as well. All addresses must match, otherwise you will be charged the difference between the DVC AP and a normal AP in order to activate, at least for those that don't qualify.

PETE FROM NYC
02-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Are there any additional discounts that can be piggy-backed on to a DVC discount? AAA, maybe or anything else for that matter?

DizneyRox
02-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Disney doesn't stack discounts.. It's one or the other. Typically, the DVC discount is the best discount by far, it's better than even the CM discount on annual passes.