PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dining Report

MarkC
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
We just returned from 5 wonderful days at WDW last night. Just my DW and me as both kids are college age.

I will start off with the only negative of the trip. We had DR's for the Plaza Restaurant at MK on Sunday night. We got there at the scheduled time and the restaurant was shut down for the night. No notice from Disney, even though they have my email and numbers and could have easily texted us. In this day and age that should be a common courtesy so we could make other plans. Not Disney service. We ended up at Pecos Bills for the night, which does have good burgers.

The good news-- we ate a couple of new places for us. We tried Restaurant Marrakesh and really enjoyed it. I would skip any appetizers or desserts as there was so much food we couldn't finish it all. Good service. Food was a little pricey but we were glad we tried it. Not sure I'd return as there are so many other choices, but glad we went at least once.

We ate at the new French bakery, and grabbed a ham sandwich and chicken sandwich and each had half of them. We also added a couple of desserts, and even that filled us up.

We ate at the outdoor cafe in China (Lotus Blossum maybe?) twice and I had orange chicken both times. I absolutely love it. I recommend it if you haven't tried it.

One must stop now for us is Earl of Sandwich at DD. Great sandwiches and I love the bread, as does my wife. An enjoyable lunch.

I'll save the best for last. We dined at Yak N Yeti on Tuesday. One of the best meals I've had anywhere. We had the pot stickers and wok fried green beans for appetizers that we shared, and we also shared one entree of lo mein with shrimp. We topped that off with chocolate cake for dessert. Everything was fantastic, including our server David. He was attentive and informative but not annoying. Maybe as good a server as we've ever had.

Hope this helps anyone considering any of these choices. The food is one of the best things that keeps us returning to Disney.

January-2007
01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much for sharing!

Belle of the Ball 051411
01-31-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm all of a sudden hungry. :)

IwannabeinNarnia
01-31-2013, 03:03 PM
sounds like you had a yummy trip! I do agree that Disney should've notified you somehow of the closing.. but you got to have Pecos Bills which is one of my favorite places to eat! LOVE LOVE LOVE the fixin's bar!!!

beksy
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reviews! :mickey:

MOJoe
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Sounds like you had some good experiences. With the Plaza being the exception.
Funny, you mention that. On our last trip, the MK times guide showed the Plaza open during the evening. But when we got there they were in the process of closing. I talked to a CM and pointed at my times guide to no avail. We ended up at Cosmic Rays. It appears someone likes to close early at the Plaza. :(

Crow
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
thanks.
Ill be there saturday for 6 nights so will report also

jillluvsdisney
01-31-2013, 07:43 PM
I really Like Yak and Yeti. I've had 2 meals there and there were both very good.

magicofdisney
01-31-2013, 10:08 PM
With Disney's new policy of charging for no-shows, I'm surprised they did this to you. Did you inform them you'll be billing them $10 per person for canceling your reservation without 24hr notice? ;)

I'm winking with a smile because I'm trying to make light of this. You seem to be taking it way better than I would have. I know I shouldn't take up the offense for someone else, but this really ticks me off. :unsure:

BriarRose0708
02-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Great reporting, thanks for sharing your experiences! Yak and Yeti is my favorite place for counter service and table service at Animal Kingdom. So glad you had a good experience! :mickey:

Katzateer
02-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for sharing- sounds like you had some good dining.

The Plaza closed early when we were there in Jan. Seems like if they print the park info sheets up each week they could get the hours correct for places to dine. :(.

DisneyorBust
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Strange that even with an ADR on the books and your contact info they failed to notify, definitely not quality service.
I have to agree with you regarding the Yak and Yeti, DW, DD #2 and I had a very similar experience this past November, we'll be sure to return.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Airblue1
02-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Yak and Yeti's is a great little gem tucked away in the AK. We have both truly enjoyed our meals there on several occasions. Glad to hear u guys had a great experience as well!

RavsRuleDisney!
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I really Like Yak and Yeti. I've had 2 meals there and there were both very good.

Agrred. good eats whenever we've gone....:thumbsup: