PDA

View Full Version : California Grill to Introduce New Menu at Re-Opening in Late Summer 2013

Figment!
01-30-2013, 08:55 PM
A few details have been announced for a new menu at the California Grill when it re-opens from refurbishment in "late Summer 2013":

A Sneak Peek at New California Grill Menu at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer
The Disney Park Official Blog
January 29th, 2013

California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort closes Feb. 1 until late summer, when the beautiful space will reopen with new décor, a new kitchen and a new menu that’s already in the works. But Chef Brian Piasecki already has started to work on the new menu, which updates some of the restaurant’s classics, like the pork and polenta, which becomes “Pork Two Ways” with wood-fired tenderloin with goat cheese polenta, and braised lacquered pork belly with country applesauce.

And even though Yoshie is retiring, she was a wonderful mentor to the California Grill team, and sushi chefs will continue her legacy. Creative new tastes include the Spicy Kaza roll with tuna, shrimp and scallops with tempura crunch and fireball sauce; Japanese-style bone marrow with crunchy panko, sweet onion jam and beef tartare; and Sea Urchin Nigiri with mamanori (soybean paper), salmon roe and freshly grated wasabi root.

What may be the ultimate comfort food is the new 24-hour braised beef short rib with truffle whipped potatoes, vol-au-vent (puff pastry) with roasted vegetables and natural jus.

Hammer
01-31-2013, 12:36 AM
California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort closes Feb. 1 until late summer, when the beautiful space will reopen with new décor, a new kitchen and a new menu that’s already in the works. But Chef Brian Piasecki already has started to work on the new menu, which updates some of the restaurant’s classics, like the pork and polenta, which becomes “Pork Two Ways” with wood-fired tenderloin with goat cheese polenta, and braised lacquered pork belly with country applesauce.

Not sure how I feel about this. At least there is still the goat cheese polenta. Will still try it, though.

What may be the ultimate comfort food is the new 24-hour braised beef short rib with truffle whipped potatoes, vol-au-vent (puff pastry) with roasted vegetables and natural jus.

Oh my, I must try this! I believe truffle oil makes anything taste better (as well as anything cooked in duck fat)!

DisneyGlutton
01-31-2013, 03:08 AM
I love pork belly! Not a fan of goat cheese polenta though, but whatever, the protein is more important imho. They had better announce that the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli is back!

Katzateer
01-31-2013, 08:24 AM
Hope the menu doesn't get as " interesting" as Artist Pointe. I like well prepared food but not really different things like marrow, pork belly, Tartare, etc.

I wasn't super impressed with Artist Pointe our first trip there because the food choices were too exotic for my taste.

Have been a big fan of California Grill for years and hope I find a few choices on the new menu to enjoy.