PDA

View Full Version : Best Section & Food at Pop Century

DisneyDreamer
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
We're thinking of staying at Pop Century next year to save some $$. My DH wants to go back to CBR, but I'd like to try Pop! Wondering which section is the quietest, away from pool and other noise. Also, how is the food court? Thanks!:)

BelleBeauty
01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
We've always had fantastic luck with our favorite spot. We've requested the 50's Juke Box building, back side on the 4th (or 3rd - though it isn't as good) floor. This has a smaller quiet pool in front of it, is not a far walk to the main building, and has a view of IllumiNations!

We have not been since AoA opened, so I don't know if that has changed anything with the noise level or traffic in that area.

etibbetts
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
My favorite section is also the 50's. I like the first floor lakeside. It's quiet but still a nice short walk to the food court and it has it's own pool.

The food court is a typical food court. They have some very good items, some just edible items. Try to the Moms Night Out specials - those are great. The one thing I found was that the food court was always super busy. So just be prepared for it to be a zoo in there.

Pop is my favorite value resort, I hope you enjoy it too!

Crow
01-31-2013, 08:37 PM
We've always had fantastic luck with our favorite spot. We've requested the 50's Juke Box building, back side on the 4th (or 3rd - though it isn't as good) floor. This has a smaller quiet pool in front of it, is not a far walk to the main building, and has a view of IllumiNations!

We have not been since AoA opened, so I don't know if that has changed anything with the noise level or traffic in that area.

my recommendation also. last time walked to AOA and liked their food court a lot better. Pop food was messy late night.

EJS-Houston
02-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I just tried Pop for the first time this past November and loved it! Taking the advice of experienced fellow Intercoters, I asked for a lake-view room on the 3rd floor (or it might have been the 4th floor, actually) and got a great room in the 60s building overlooking the lake and Art of Animation beyond. It was quiet, and we actually watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room one night...plus the hotel lobby was a very short walk away, as was the bus stop. Highly recommended.

SandmanGStefani24
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
just like in real life, I love the 80s! :thumbsup:

We stayed in the 80s building, top floor facing away from the pools. Quiet as can be, and since we had a car, the walk was null.

As for the food, that's something else. I am a foodie, so I am conflicted. Yes, it's a tad pricey and is pretty much your standard burger joint rammed with school cafeteria feel. After about two to three days you're going to want to eat offsite because it can get repetitive ; which if you have a car I highly recommend. But basically there is a set of pasta offerings, stir fry type noodles, pizza, burgers and dogs, and some salads.

MMMmmm...would sure love one of those messy chili cheese dogs right now!! :sam:

snowflakegirl
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
When I stayed there a few years ago (okay, maybe four) we had rooms on the fourth floor of the 50s building overlooking the lake. I thought it was a great location. Fairly quiet, I didn't think it was too long a walk to the main building and I thought the view over the lake was nice.

As for the food, it's generally typical food court food. Nothing spectacular, but I didn't find it bad for what it was. We didn't eat a whole lot of meal at the resort, but we typically don't regardless of where we're staying. I think we had two breakfasts and one dinner over the course of our 9 days there. I have to admit I had more than one piece of the tie-dyed cheesecake...and I almost made a special trip back to Pop on my last trip just to have another one.