PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli?

DizMagic
01-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Thinking about going to Via Napoli at Epcot on our next trip. I'm not sure that I've even seen it during our treks around the World Showcase but the pics online look cool. Has anyone been lately and is it one of your favorites for Italian? I've read mixed reviews online. In the past we've gone to Tony's Town Square for Italian. Thanks!

SBETigg
01-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Via Napoli is one of our favorites now. It's really good. I haven't tried Tony's, but I imagine it's much better than Tony's. Delicious pasta dishes, salads, and really good authentic Neapolitan style pizza.

disneymom15
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
We really like it, eat there every trip. Usually order pizza and chicken caesar salad and share them.

BrerGnat
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Via Napoli is 100X better than Tony's. Hands down.

Via Napoli is simple, freshly prepared Italian food. Their specialty is the Neapolitan brick oven pizzas. They are fabulous, but you have to know what Neapolitan pizza is, and have an appreciation for its simplicity before you try it. I love it and it's a must do for me every trip now.

In addition, I love the decor in there. It's very cool.

Butters
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
No comparison Via Napolis is a must if you want Italian during your stay... We went to Tony's once and were dissapointed with the food quality

PlutoPlanet
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Yes, Via Napoli is lots better than Tony's.

luvkatiebug
01-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Do you need advance reservations for Via Napoli? I was thinking it was more of a counter service. My kids would love the pizza there. Thanks.

BrerGnat
01-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Do you need advance reservations for Via Napoli? I was thinking it was more of a counter service. My kids would love the pizza there. Thanks.

Yes, it's a full table service restaurant.

darthmacho
01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
I enjoyed it on last year's trip. I would definitely recommend it. Great pizza, pasta, and desserts. The Italian wine choices were good too. I'd love to do it again.

Lindsey310
01-30-2013, 05:15 PM
We ate there on our December 2011 trip (twice in one stay bc it was so good!) and again in march 2012 and August 2012. We love it there! The pizza is so good, the pasta is delicious, try the wine or sangria! You won't be disappointed! :eat:

BrerGnat
02-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Yes.
There was a time in which you could get pizza by the slice at a counter service window but that has ceased operation. It has been known to open on what appears to be a random schedule, usually during busy times. There is no word on whether it will reopen permanently.

Also worth noting...the pizza served at that window is NOT the same pizza that is served inside. The stuff at the window is more similar to all the other Disney pizzas resort wide. Thick crust, lots of sauce, lots of cheese, etc. It looks pretty ordinary.

Keneva
02-02-2013, 08:38 PM
The wait staff was authentic Italian. Nice atmosphere. We had pizza which was good but expensive and my daughter has spaghetti & meatballs which she enjoyed. It was a nice place but nothing special. Not a must do.

JerseyDad
02-05-2013, 01:56 PM
....Via Napoli has probably the best pizza in WDW. Authentic thin crust, wood fired, HIGH heat oven pizza with a perfect amount of "char" to the crust. The other dishes are great too ....really accommodating staff ....fun atmosphere.