PDA

View Full Version : tours

waymickey
01-29-2013, 12:46 PM
What is a great tour to do while at Disney? My DD and Dh did the keys to the kingdom tour two years ago and loved it. It was in their opinion well worth the moeny spent. I am looking for another good tour or special thing for us all to do this time around. Any suggestions?

faline
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM
The Segway tour is lots of fun. Even for non-gardeners the Behind the Seeds tour in Epcot is quite interesting (and relatively inexpensive).

Ms. Mode
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
We did the Backstage Magic tour a couple of years ago and it is WONDERFUL! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Some of our group did the segway tour last trip and LOVED it!

disneydeb
01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
October 2011, I did the segway tour at Epcot. I LOVED it! I also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK..but that day, it was pouring down all day long and dampened my enthusiasm there. I want to do them both again. :D

Main Street Jim
01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour :)

You're greeted by a WDWRR conductor or an engineer outside the park prior to opening; then out to the roundhouse to see the trains fired up for the morning.

Lasts about four hours or so; nice thing is...you're inside the park before any other guests :thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
01-29-2013, 07:01 PM
On our last trip, DH and I did the Behind the Seeds tour in Epcot and both really liked it. He loves greenhouses and sciencey things, so I expected him to love it and I thought I'd enjoy it, but I found it absolutely fascinating.

We also did the Backstage Safari tour and loved that. We're both animal people and we both enjoy AK a lot, so it was neat to get to see backstage and see how they feed the animals, etc. Plus we got to walk through the vetrinary clinic (that you can see through the windows at Rafiki's) and we got a personal ride through the safari with our tour guide.

I would recommend either of these.

TinkerbellT421
01-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Dolphins in depth was incredible.

MargaretMessler
01-29-2013, 08:46 PM
I would love to try the Segway Tour this year, anyone know how far in advance is advisable to book? We are going mid September.

Cheshire_Girl
01-29-2013, 09:38 PM
The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour :)

You're greeted by a WDWRR conductor or an engineer outside the park prior to opening; then out to the roundhouse to see the trains fired up for the morning.

Lasts about four hours or so; nice thing is...you're inside the park before any other guests :thumbsup:

I didn't know about this tour until now! I checked out the info on disneygo and Oh my goodness I mustmust go! So glad you mentioned it:thumbsup: indeed

Caroleh
01-30-2013, 07:59 AM
We absolutely LOVED unDISCOVERed Future World, Wild by Design and wild Africa Trek. We also have done Backstage Safari, Sunrise Safari, Sunset safari and Behind the Seeds. The best guide we had was Robert for unDISCOVERed Future World. We also did the Chef's Tour during the F&WF..we also loved that one. We're debating which tour to do in October..it's between Keys to the Kingdom or the Segway tour. We're finding that we really love the tours.

azcavalier
01-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Another thumbs up for "Behind the Seeds". Short, not too expensive, interesting.

We're going to do the Backstage Magic tour at the end of April. So excited!

EpcotChic23
01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
This past summer we did the Undiscoverd Future World tour at Epcot. We had a blast. It was my second time doing that tour DH first. You get to go in backstage areas, behind the scenes of FW attractions, we even got to surprise a family the stand by line at sorain (which was 2 hrs) and gave them a little Disney magic. We also have done keys to the kingdom and we enjoyed both equally.:number1:

BrerGnat
01-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Backstage Magic is like the next step after Keys to the Kingdom. It is a LONG tour, though. I really want to do it, but it's almost a full day thing.

We are waiting until our train enthusiast DS turns 10 and then we are going to take him on the Steam Train tour. It looks really great! 1.5 more years to go!

waymickey
01-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Is the sunset safari or the wild africa trek for AKL guests only?

Caroleh
01-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Is the sunset safari or the wild africa trek for AKL guests only?

Sunset Safari. The sunrise safari is for concierge only.

waymickey
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Sunset Safari. The sunrise safari is for concierge only.

Bummer:(

I think we will do the undiscovered future world tour. Looks like something my family would like.

Crow
01-30-2013, 11:11 PM
I did a world showcase tour that they dont offer anymore a few yrs ago and liked it.
debating Keys or Undiscovered Future World

Caroleh
01-31-2013, 06:19 AM
I would recommend unDISCOVERed Future World. We are still talking about it, but we haven't done Keys. I think we'll try that and the Segway tour in Oct.

The one thing I have noticed with all the tours, it really depends on the CM that does the tour. Our CM for unDISCOVERed was the best, we ran late on the finishing tie, but no one really cared and he was full of stories. We can still remember his name, 3 months later, but on other tours we couldn't. If you take unDISCOVERed and you have Robert, you'll have a great time!!