PDA

View Full Version : Tangled area

wdwluv
01-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I wanted your opinons on the Tangled bathrooms. I LOVE the movie. My girls love it and I love that there is a significant boy character for my son. And I was excited to see the Tangled Tower going up in the park. I think I heard that they are bathrooms? Being designed as kind of a village? Maybe I have that wrong. But if I don't have it wrong - that doesn't make sense to me. The whole point of the tower was that it was completely remote and unable to be seen by the village? Am I putting too much thought into it? Did anyone else think anything like this? Or is it just a bathroom, so who cares? (I'm assuming that the latter is not true, or we wouldn't all be here talking about Disney endlessly! ;))

cuteduck223
01-29-2013, 01:25 PM
I'd never even thought about it not being seen by the village.

It looks cool, and its off to the side of fantasy land. You've brought up an interesting point though. Here's another: The only way in and out of the tower...through the top..via rapunzel's hair.

ANG
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
I just hope there is a baby center!:mickey:

Goofster
01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
I'd never even thought about it not being seen by the village.

It looks cool, and its off to the side of fantasy land. You've brought up an interesting point though. Here's another: The only way in and out of the tower...through the top..via rapunzel's hair.

Technically, you could get in on the side at the bottom. At the end of the movie, the "mother" tore out the stones covering the hidden door which revealed a staircase leading to the top.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
I have been reading conflicting reports about the purpose of this tower, and some reports seem to question if it is in fact bathrooms? I think Disney put out a information somewhere and it mentioned the tower as a Tangled area but never mentioned it was a bathroom OR that that it was built to allow que expansion for Peter Pan.

roses
02-06-2013, 09:39 AM
I would enjoy a Tangled themed area, I love that movie! I haven't heard any rumors yet about it though!

Melanie
02-06-2013, 09:49 AM
It's supposedly bathrooms and a D-Tech (charging) area. As for the actual use of the tower itself, I have no idea.

I do know the area looks gorgeous. I love the blues and pinks and purples they've used for the roofs. Some have questioned how it looks right up next to the Haunted Mansion, but I think they'll do a good job buffering that off.

Interesting point about the tower not being a part of the village. Funny thing is, the new Fantasy Faire area in Disneyland that opens in March features the Tangle tower as it's center point as well. Oh well, guess we'll have to suspend fantasy for a bit.

disneymom15
02-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know when this new area is suppose to open?

ls1jt
02-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know when this new area is suppose to open?

That was my question, I hope they're done for my July trip...

Roger's #1 Fan
02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Funny thing is, the new Fantasy Faire area in Disneyland that opens in March features the Tangle tower as it's center point as well. Oh well, guess we'll have to suspend fantasy for a bit.

Actually, the Tangled tower in Fantasy Faire is supposed to be a themed sculpture in the center of the open area and will have a "glow" feature at night. Its nowhere near the size and scope of the tower at MK.

Melanie
02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Actually, the Tangled tower in Fantasy Faire is supposed to be a themed sculpture in the center of the open area and will have a "glow" feature at night. Its nowhere near the size and scope of the tower at MK.

I didn't say anything about the size of the two towers. :confused: I was just expanding on the OPs comment that the tower is supposed to be remote.

DizneyFreak2002
02-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I would enjoy a Tangled themed area, I love that movie! I haven't heard any rumors yet about it though!

No rumors to hear... They are only bathrooms... Nothing too exciting honestly... :)

Melanie
02-06-2013, 08:02 PM
No rumors to hear... They are only bathrooms... Nothing too exciting honestly... :)

No charging zone?

Gator
02-06-2013, 08:08 PM
A giant tower... and all we get is a bathroom? What, is it at the top or something. Talk about splash factor.

DizneyFreak2002
02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
No charging zone?

Well, yea a D Zone or whatever they are calling them, but still not too exciting :)

DizneyFreak2002
02-07-2013, 10:58 PM
BTW, anyone going down the end of this month may be in luck... Anticipated opening date is February 25th...

ANG
02-08-2013, 07:19 PM
But no new baby center? :(

CaptainSad
02-08-2013, 08:57 PM
The tower is actually a cell tower disguised as the Tangle tower.

beksy
02-10-2013, 08:42 PM

I read this and couldn't help busting out laughing...there have been times when parks and bathrooms were so busy that when I finally made it in I was very excited! :blush:

FLKatie912
02-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I am still holding out for a Rapunzel Meet and Greet over there, because she is not pictured on the construction walls for the new Princess Meet and Greet area, it's just Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Jasmine. She could of course be kept up in Town Square Theater, but it would seem strange to only have Rapunzel in the Princess room.

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Sorry guys and gals, the Tangled area did not open to the public today and anticipated... Not sure what the delay is... Saw pics of the area and it looks like it is ready to go... But obviously something doesn't appear in the photos that caused the delayed opening... But, from the looks of things, this area shouldn't be behind walls much longer...

EDIT: Seems like the date has now been pushed back to open this by the second week of March...

Goofy4TheWorld
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
I am sure they are just plussing it!!!

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2013, 09:26 PM
I am sure they are just plussing it!!!

Nope, not plussing it... The area is only bathrooms... Nothing to plus there.. Just saw another picture and it appears some of the walkway isn't complete...

Goofster
02-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Second week of March? That stinks. I was hoping it would be open for our trip during the 1st week of March. It seems like this project has been taking forever!

ANG
02-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Only on a Disney fanatic forum would you find people bummed that they can't view a new bathroom.

:blush: But yeah, I want to see the area too

DizneyFreak2002
03-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Second week of March? That stinks. I was hoping it would be open for our trip during the 1st week of March. It seems like this project has been taking forever!

Some staff have been saying this Friday... Dunno if that is accurate or not...

DizneyFreak2002
03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
If anyone is in the MK tomorrow, this area is scheduled to open to the public...

DizneyFreak2002
03-08-2013, 11:28 AM
The Tangled area opened today...

azcavalier
03-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Nope, not plussing it... The area is only bathrooms... Nothing to plus there.. Just saw another picture and it appears some of the walkway isn't complete...

I dunno....i've seen plenty of bathrooms that could be "plussed".

In any case, my family finds this very ironic, that the "Tangled" tower area is bathrooms. After watching Tangled the first time, our DD6 kept fixating on the fact that there was no place for a bathroom in the tower. She couldn't figure out how Rapunzel had lived all that time in the tower without using the bathroom, which she didn't believe existed. Finally, she decided that the magic hair allowed her to not have to use the bathroom.

Now, when we go to the Tangled area, we can point out to her where the bathrooms were!

Christine
03-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Pictures coming tonight. :)

Melanie
03-10-2013, 05:19 PM
From what I've seen, it's a beautiful area. I could tell from what you could see over the walls that I would love the colors, etc. And if you listen to the podcasts at all, you know I'm all about awesome bathrooms.

Really though, how crowded are those charging stations going to be? Will you have to FP+ it months in advance to get some time to recharge your phone? Ha!

DizneyFreak2002
03-10-2013, 06:48 PM

I should have been more clear, my bad.. Sorry... What i meant was, I was doubting the delay in opening was because they decided to plus what was already built, which is what I took the post I responded to to mean...

I think we can all agree the area has been plussed in general, especially since the land was not being used and had become an eyesore...

I just wish they would start putting this attention to detail into their attractions now, not just facades...

Really though, how crowded are those charging stations going to be? Will you have to FP+ it months in advance to get some time to recharge your phone? Ha!

I can picture the charging stations being very crowded, especially since you will pretty much be forced to use your phone to track your reservations/FP+ ride times...

Did anyone else notice any mirrors in the men's room in pictures? I didn't... Where mirrors normally would be, frying pans are hanging instead...

DizneyFreak2002
03-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Pictures coming tonight. :)

Any chance you got pictures of the transition from Small World to the new area? Just wondering how it all meshes...

The transition from the new area to Liberty Square seems to work just fine...

Melanie
03-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Did anyone else notice any mirrors in the men's room in pictures? I didn't... Where mirrors normally would be, frying pans are hanging instead...

That's not unusual for Disney bathrooms, at least not the women's. There are no mirrors in the sink area, just usually one large one near the exit.

Therefore, I thought the frying pans and the window shutters (for the women's) was a cute touch.

Melanie
03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Any chance you got pictures of the transition from Small World to the new area? Just wondering how it all meshes...

The transition from the new area to Liberty Square seems to work just fine...

You know, I was thinking a lot about this when looking at the pictures the other day. Not sure how they could have done this, but too bad this area couldn't be closer up to the new Fantasyland. It would definitely be a better fit up that way, IMO.

Christine
03-10-2013, 07:17 PM
My DH John (alongfortheride ) is out there now. I asked him to photo the transition area you requested, too. (I'm home recovering from foot surgery so he's out there meeting up with our friends from Texas & getting shots for me).

I'm reading reports about ppl picnicking in the bathroom village. I'm sure it's cute, but... ???

DizneyFreak2002
03-10-2013, 07:18 PM
That's not unusual for Disney bathrooms, at least not the women's. There are no mirrors in the sink area, just usually one large one near the exit.

Therefore, I thought the frying pans and the window shutters (for the women's) was a cute touch.

I never noticed mirrors not being by the sinks in any Disney bathroom.. Guess I don't pay that much attention LOL.. :)

The frying pans are part of that attention to detail!!!!!

You know, I was thinking a lot about this when looking at the pictures the other day. Not sure how they could have done this, but too bad this area couldn't be closer up to the new Fantasyland. It would definitely be a better fit up that way, IMO.

I haven't seen good transition pictures to judge it... This area fits in much better with the new Fantasyland area, for sure... I'm just wondering how much of the Small World show building is now visible...

I'm wondering if more facade work is in store for Small World... We know Pan is getting new queue... Guess we'll have to see, though someone elsewhere said the tent facades are staying...

My DH John (alongfortheride ) is out there now. I asked him to photo the transition area you requested, too. (I'm home recovering from foot surgery so he's out there meeting up with our friends from Texas & getting shots for me).

I'm reading reports about ppl picnicking in the bathroom village. I'm sure it's cute, but... ???

Thanks Christine!!! Heel up that foot.. How else are we going to get more pictures? LOL...

Altair
03-10-2013, 08:57 PM
There is a very good video of the area by popsong1 over at youtube.:thumbsup::mickey:
There is one during the day and one at night.

azcavalier
03-11-2013, 12:30 PM
I should have been more clear, my bad.. Sorry... What i meant was, I was doubting the delay in opening was because they decided to plus what was already built, which is what I took the post I responded to to mean...

I think we can all agree the area has been plussed in general, especially since the land was not being used and had become an eyesore...

I just wish they would start putting this attention to detail into their attractions now, not just facades...

I can picture the charging stations being very crowded, especially since you will pretty much be forced to use your phone to track your reservations/FP+ ride times...

What? No. I was trying to make a joke. That's no one's "bad"....

Well, apparently it's my bad.

DizneyFreak2002
03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
What? No. I was trying to make a joke. That's no one's "bad"....

Well, apparently it's my bad.

Went over my head... I'm used to reading threads about these bathrooms that are filled with toilet/potter humor... :)

ANG
03-11-2013, 02:29 PM
This made me smile. Thanks for sharing!

In any case, my family finds this very ironic, that the "Tangled" tower area is bathrooms. After watching Tangled the first time, our DD6 kept fixating on the fact that there was no place for a bathroom in the tower. She couldn't figure out how Rapunzel had lived all that time in the tower without using the bathroom, which she didn't believe existed. Finally, she decided that the magic hair allowed her to not have to use the bathroom.

Now, when we go to the Tangled area, we can point out to her where the bathrooms were!

i'm grumpy
03-21-2013, 12:07 PM
I think it looks great and wish I could say I was going to see it in person.

Good question. I couldn’t understand how Mother Gothel got the furniture in the tower.
:D