PDA

View Full Version : How bad 4th July week

Catzle
01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
How bad 4th of July week in the parks? This will be our first time going this week and thinking we may only venture to the parks at night if its that bad.

BigRedDad
01-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Imagine sardines in a can. Double it, add in 95+ degree temps, and near 100% humidity.

VWL Mom
01-29-2013, 05:53 AM
We've been going late June to early July for the last few years. You can notice the crowds coming in on July 2nd when we are leaving. Up until then it's a 7-8/10 IMO. Using FP and a making a plan once we're in the park helps us out.

That being said, I do think this year may be a bit more crowded at MK because of the new Fantasyland and the LTM Magic celebration taking place starting July 1 so I'm not expecting to spend much time there.

K8screen
01-29-2013, 05:57 AM
We were at MK July 4th last year, and didnt find the crowds as bad as we expected. I think they stopped new admissions about 6pm (I could be wrong, this is just what a CM told me they were about to do) and it was certainly much worse for crowds in the evening, but during the day we had a plan and did all we wanted to do. I would suggest an early start if you want to do rides.

Bass T-bone
01-29-2013, 08:37 AM
:ditto:

If it's too crowded the will not let any more people in...

tazlikesrobots
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
I've been at the parks during that time-frame and my experience has been that MK is the most crowded on the 4th. It was a bit crowded elsewhere, but very manageable.

We found DHS to be the least crowded on the 4th......

Catzle
01-29-2013, 07:13 PM
We were there the week before last year. We left on July 2. We found the crowds that week to be no different then when we went in May.

But this year airfare was almost $600 a person for that week so we are coming the 4th of July week.

I guess we will make the most of it. If we find we can't handle it then I guess we could always drive to the beach each day.

luvkatiebug
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
We are also going at that time (from the 5th until the 12th) only b/c we have some conflicts with early summer this year. I am not excited about it, but considering my birthday is the 6th of July, it will be something to cross off my bucket list! I figure we will just make our "absolutely have to do list" and try to get those done. If the parks are insanely crowded, then we will go back to the hotel to swim. I am looking forward to a lot of resort swimming and the new Splitsville bowling alley in downtown Disney. My girls are 8 and 12 and they understand we will have to wait in some long lines and that we will have to get up early to alleviate some of the waits. I also plan on days off from the parks if we get up real early some days or stay out late. I just want to be in my happy place! :mickey:

mechanic
01-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Still its nothing like Christmas week.(except on the 4th).
If you are sensitive to heat and humidity it can be hard.
we usually take a break from 2-6 or so then stay until closing at emh park.

DizneyRox
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Imagine sardines in a can. Double it, add in 95+ degree temps, and near 100% humidity.
That about sums it up. We had been going since mid 90's and that's the same forecast we saw. It's not as busy, as Disney has successfully evened out a lot of the attendee spikes, but it's still crowded.

MK is always too crowded for my tastes. AK is hotter than the other parks due to the landscaping. Epcot, my suggestion for the actual 4th, holds crowds very well and MGM is miserable. MGM has layout issues which makes it bad on the best of days, never mind adding wether and crowds.