PDA

View Full Version : What new thing will you try on your next visit?

azcavalier
01-28-2013, 01:16 PM
My DW and I are heading down in 90 days. We've been about 12 times, and recently discovered a couple things we didn't know existed, as well as a few restaurants we've never done.

We had no idea about the "make your own treat" counter at Goofy's Candy Company. That looks awesome!

I've also never been to Downtown Disney's West Side. We're going to hit Bongo's for lunch on our way into town on the first day.

How about you guys? Anything that you've never tried, that you actually want to?

BigRedDad
01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
If weather is nice, my DD and I will try Typhoon Lagoon now that she is a better swimmer and tall enough.

Tinksalot
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Trying "Be Our Guest" in May. My daughter just went and it was great! :mickey:

CzepielCrew
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
This will be my 3rd time there. My to do's on this trip are go on Dumbo (never been on), see Hall of President's and go on Toy Story Mania. It was being built last time I was there.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest. Also going to try a new resort and concierge for the first time probably BC or AKL

azcavalier
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest. Also going to try a new resort and concierge for the first time probably BC or AKL

Actually we're doing this as well. I didn't mention them in the original post, but other first time things:

Staying at Bay Lake Tower
Taking the Backstage Magic Tour
Eating at Mama Melrose, Be Our Guest (TS), Le Cellier (haven't tried it since it went "Signature"), Breakfast at the new French Bakery, eating at The Wave, and Bongo's.

tazlikesrobots
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Can't go wrong with the Bongo's Cuban sandwich! Do keep in mind that it is quite large and one sandwich can feed two people!

darthmacho
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
My wife has spoken about the Be Our Guest restaurant a few times, as well as doing Tea with our girls at the GF, so I'd like to make that happen.

Personally, I'd like to try the walking tour through the savanna in AK. Hopefully they've gotten that recent salmonella thing under control before we do that. I wish it wasn't so expensive though.

I'm also excited about seeing the new Fantasyland, bit that's a given. We've already ridden the new Dumbo, which was fun, but I can't wait to see the whole thing finally come together!

jnfr2424
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
The new Test Track and
Checking out the new France Bakery

Even though I've already done it riding Little Mermaid again!

kbean
01-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Take the boat that passes the Treehouse Villas.

Cheshire_Girl
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Take the boat that passes the Treehouse Villas.

I just recently added this to my list. I think I could spend a whole day just exploring the boat/ferry system... With lunch or possibly tea thrown in of course

MargaretMessler
01-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Thinking of going up in the balloon at DTD. Also gonna try to "drink around the world". Maybe visit some other resorts either for dinner or for scenery, instead of just staying in the parks.

buzznwoodysmom
01-28-2013, 06:24 PM
We are trying a few new things on our next trip, in less than two weeks! Woo Hoo!!

We have Biergarten in Epcot and Sanaa at AKL booked that are both new meals for us. We are hoping to eat lunch at Be Our Guest, if the line isn't painfully long (and maybe even of it is :blush:). We also plan to try a few new snacks and drinks in Epcot for lunch.

All the new stuff in Fantasyland will be new to us. This will be our first trip since the Test Track refurb.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge and the rooms have been refurbished since our last stay. And I am hoping for new refillable mugs. LOL!

If time allows we would like to try either mini golf (which we have never done in Disney) or check out the new bowling place at DTD.

This will be the first time my father in law goes to Disney. The 5 grandchildren that are going are thrilled to have him joining us! First time in Disney with pawpaw.

So nothing earth shattering for us, but lot of little things we have not yet done.

SandmanGStefani24
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
all these trips and still have much to do!

1. mickey waffle in the morning
2. dumbo ride
3. buy a picture of me on a ride
4. toy story mania (will the line ever get shorter?)

ANG
01-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I just really enjoy trying new restaurants. :mickey:

Janmac
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
New for us:

Staying at Boardwalk Villas
eating at Tokyo Dining
planning 2 resort days (no parks)
surprise trip for the granddaughter of my sister
first trip ever for my cousin
Flag Retreat at MK

Jan

c&d
01-31-2013, 08:55 AM
DH & I will definitely be checking out the new bakery in France.

Auntie B
01-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Gonna put on my big girl pants and give ToT a try! Yah, that dropping sensation gives me the willies!

EJS-Houston
01-31-2013, 11:31 AM
On our last trip this past November my brother and I saw the "Flights of Wonder" show at Animal Kingdom for the first time and loved it! We saw most of what we could at the new Fantasyland, but didn't get to try "Be Our Guest"...so maybe that's a priority for our next Disney trip.

Goofster
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Going to finally try Mission Space (the non-spinning one). Never ridden it all before.

DisneyorBust
01-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Upon our return to WDW, DW and I are going to try the Rose and Crown restaurant. We are also going to try the "new" Boulangerie Patisserie, we've been to the old version and can't wait for the new version.
Sticking with Epcot, while enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival, we're going to try the new food booths that have been added to the festival.
All food related new things......:D

BriarRose0708
01-31-2013, 04:46 PM
A new resort! I'm not going back to POP and this time I mean it. I love POP, and every trip I say to myself that I won't stay there and try something new but every time I end up going back there. I'm looking forward to something more upscale like Beach Club, Boardwalk or Grand Floridian!

bostonchic13
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
I will definately try Soarin this time

DizMagic
01-31-2013, 11:55 PM
We like to add new things each trip, too. Last trip two years ago we rode Carousel of Progress, the children got face tattoos during the Halloween Party at MK, we did the Kim Possible Adventure at Epcot and we asked a Photopass photographer to give us the magic shot in the World Showcase that has the characters hang gliding overhead.

For our next trip our new things will be to ride Toy Story Mania at HS and the Ellen ride (Ellen's Adventure??) at Epcot, to walk or take the boat from HS to Epcot, and to eat lunch upstairs on the "bridge" at the little seafood restaurant across from the Haunted Mansion (can't remember the name right now). We also want to try Teppen Edo. Can't wait to go back!!:mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Last trip, we tried Disney Quest so sticking with the DTD theme, we have a reservation for Splitsville on our first full day of the trip.

We have actually decided to leave 2 days earlier than scheduled and will be staying at the AOA resort for the first time (and then moving to our favorite resort CBR). During our 2 day early arrival, we will be trying Sea World which we have never been to.

My daughter will be doing the Tea Party at GF and we will actually see Illuminations for the first time (have been the past 10 years and have never stayed for this).

WDWgoofy
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Wahoo.... we leave tomorrow WDW:mickey:

Since its now just the wife and I, we will take things as they come.

Some things that we haven't done

New Fantasyland
New french bakery
Flights of Wonder
Pirates exhibit at HS
AK after dark
and some things we haven't done in a long time

Fantasmic (been years since we've done this)
Boma (likewise been a long time)
New (old) Tiki Room
View a parade

PlutoLover
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
We will be definitely hitting Disney Junior Live! this fall now that we have a baby that already loves Mickey & Jake at 5 months old :mickey:

Lindsey310
02-01-2013, 04:49 PM
We want to try the keys to the kingdom tour when we go down in October. I would also like to try the tomorrowland terrace fireworks dessert party. :mickey:

Quadstriker
02-01-2013, 05:17 PM
If you haven't done it, go see Yeehaw Bob Jackson at the lounge in POR. Best entertainer at Disney.

disneydeb
02-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Epcot:
The new Test Track
The New French Bakery
possibly do segway tour again
possibly do behind the seeds tour

AK:
Conservation Station

HS:
Pirate Exhibit
One Man's Dream (?) is it there?

MK:
KTTKT possibly ( I have done it before, but want to do it again)
Dinner at BOG I have done lunch and it was wonderful!
ride the train again

Grand Floridian tea
Bay Lake cruise of some sort

snowflakegirl
02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Well my husband and I are expecting our first child this June, so most things our next trip will be new or at least experienced in a new way. We have tentative plans for a trip the summer of 2015 with us, my parents and sister, one of my best friends and her husband (also expecting their first child in March), and our other best friend and her husband and their then 5 year old.

It'll be our first time travelling with a young child, first time at Disney with children since I was one myself, and first time with a group larger than 5.

Disney specific firsts that we want to see are new Fantasyland, a few new restaurants, and checking out the Poly and the WL, neither of which have I seen inside.

hauntedmansiongirl
02-02-2013, 11:41 PM
We are always excited to find new things to do!

We are going in April and can't wait for:

Beaches and Cream- cant wait to try their sundaes!

Ghiradelli's Soda Shop: likewise with the sundaes

Dumbo- we have never been on it

Enchanted Tales with Belle and Little Mermaid

New Test Track!

We are going for 2 weeks so we are also looking forward to more time for water parks, mini golf, Disney Quest, and resort pool time! :mickey:

FenwayGirl
02-03-2013, 06:21 AM
We will be trying the following new expereinces:

-Segway Tour at Epcot
-Tepan Edo
-Be Our Guest
-Boma
-Ohana
-Also trying a new resort Coronada Springs.

Love that no matter how many times you to to WDW...there are always new things to try!

tinkman
02-04-2013, 09:40 AM
We have dinner reservations for Be Our Guest, then it's Victoria & Alberts for our anniversary dinner (35yrs).

whitney37354
02-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Safari ride at AK
More time at AK: first trip we had breakfast at Tusker House, saw ITTBAB & rode Dinosaur & Triceratops Spin. That's it. We really want to see everything else there on our October trip.

Stu29573
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Disneyland:thumbsup:

azcavalier
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
We have dinner reservations for Be Our Guest, then it's Victoria & Alberts for our anniversary dinner (35yrs).

That's awesome! Congrats! This will be our 18th anniversary...you've doubled us up!

roses
02-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Coral Reef :number1: I have always wanted to go, but never did. This time - we are going!

jillluvsdisney
02-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I have another new thing to add.

We will be going to The Wide World of Sports to see an Atlanta Braves spring training game.

kemps@wdw
02-06-2013, 09:31 PM
hmmmm...after more than 15 visits to the World, there are STILL things that we haven't done. My "Top 10 List" of unfinished business @ WDW...
1. A day of "resort hopping"
2. new Fantasy Land Area
3. New dining options
4. Boat trips from DHS to Epcot and the resorts
in that area.
5. Flag retreat @ MK for my father-in-law who
is a Marine
6. Family-of-the-Day @ MK (done that @ Epcot)
7. Parasailing in Bay Lake
8.Watching Illuminations from Japan and being
last out of Epcot
9. Bengeits @ POFQ
10. Another full family trip to WDW

waymickey
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I will try to relax at the resort during the day and hit the parks early evening. I want to rent a mouse racer, go biking and maybe try parasailing. The parks are great but the new FP+ and magic bracelets are making me nervous. Besides the resort has lots to do during the day, Magic cookie hour at WL is a must do!:chef::tink:

LudwigVonDrake
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I would like to see the new Fantasyland area :mickey:

Airblue1
02-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Stop and smell the roses:)

MrPeetrie
02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Aside from EVERYTHING in the new Fantasyland expansion, we may try the character breakfast at Animal Kingdom. I've heard good things about it.

beksy
02-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Most of our new things are due to the New Fantasyland...we haven't been since any of the new attractions/restaurants/shops opened. We will also try the refurbed Test Track. We are trying several new restaurants (Beaches and Cream, Sanaa, Artist Pointe to name a few) and Crystal Palace before MK opens. We are trying the royal rooms at POR and are visiting AKL for the first time and its Mom's first time visiting WL. I want to see more of DTD...we mainly go for the Christmas store and Goofy's. A game of mini golf is also on the list...we never seem to get around to it. :mickey: