PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Dinner?

vamaggie
01-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Looking for guidance on where to eat on Thanksgiving. Have heard both-eat at the parks and eat at a resort. Anyone have any great (or awful) experiences with turkey day in the world?

disneymajik
01-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Our last trip down a couple of years ago was over Thanksgiving. We had reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern but cancelled due to everyone being spent and ate at Boatwrights in POR. It was surprisingly a good Thanksgiving dinner and wasn't overly crowded.

ginger19
01-28-2013, 07:53 AM
We ate at Wofgang Puck's this year and my DH left hungry so I would not do that one again. The food was ok, it was just a very small plate. I am 4'11" and I finished the plate.

Two years ago we ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe and, while they were a little behind seating us, the food was much closer to a traditional thanksgiving and it was all you can eat. I would eat there again!

Also, I was not aware of this but Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom served a really nice thanksgiving plate :thumbsup:

jnfr2424
01-28-2013, 04:37 PM
We spent the last 6 years in Disney for Thanksgiving and we actually try to make it as un traditional as possible!!

Ohana - the year we went they had a traditional dinner - I have heard they do keep the same menu on T'day

Fulton's - Seafood is always interesting for T'day the food was ok nothing to brag about

Poly Luau - un traditonal yes but not even worth it

Earl of Sandwich - Holiday Sandwich - now this was the best thing close to T'day as my family will ever get! PERFECT in every way possible!!

WCC- they served a tradtional dinner bonus points because we were staying there

Flame Tree BBQ - for a quick meal best money spent! Had traditional meal as well as normal menu fare made everybody happy

awaggett
01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
My favorite Disney Thanksgiving Dinner was at the sushi bar at the Poly. They serve the Kona menu there which was offering the traditional turkey-day fare, but we decided to do sushi and lapu lapus--best Thanksgiving on record!