PDA

View Full Version : Which fast pass first?

Gregandmel
01-27-2013, 02:45 PM
If you go into The Land at Epcot in order to do Soarin' and Living with the Land (getting there right at open) would you get a FP for Living with the Land, and then head straight to Soarin', or get a FP for Soarin' and do Living with the Land first? Trying to help our friends plan their upcoming trip in 3 weeks and wasn't sure how crowded both of these would end up first thing in the morning. They have a lot they want to accomplish at Epcot so trying to keep their schedule as time efficient as possible. I figured if they get the first FP's of the day, their return time should be around 9:45am or so. Thanks for any advice!!

DisneyGiant
01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
We always get a fast pass for Soarin first - then jump on Living with the land because there's usually only a 5 minute wait there, and no need for a fast pass.

Sometimes if there is only a 30 minute or less wait for Soarin - we'll grab a fast pass and wait on the line - this way we can do it twice.

Hope this helps.

Dopey's Girl
01-27-2013, 03:25 PM
The Land rarely has FP open, except when its
crazy busy. Here is what we do...get Soarin fastpasses, then get in the standby line. Ride once, then do Living with the Land. By the time we were done on that, our fastpasses were valid and we could ride again. We got 2 Soarin rides in the span of an hour, and all before the stand by line was over 30 mins!

caryrae
01-27-2013, 04:58 PM
We were at WDW end of last June, very busy, soarin had a 2 hour wait so we got a FP and living with the land we walked right on pretty much.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-27-2013, 07:38 PM
I would try and ride Soarin' twice.

Go there first thing, grab a FP and head into the standby line. Then you can ride again on your FP.

Then, head over to Living with the Land ... it rarely needs a FP ... I've never waited longer than 15 minutes for it, even in the middle of the day.

Altair
01-27-2013, 08:10 PM
With the opening of the new Test Track, most people are heading there first. At least thery were in December. There was no mad rush to Soarin'.:mickey:

MargaretMessler
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I would say decide based on what is lining up fastest, get the FP for that one (I'm guessing would be Soarin'), wait in line for the other. First thing in the morning you're probably fairly safe.

ANG
01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
We always get a fast pass for Soarin first - then jump on Living with the land because there's usually only a 5 minute wait there, and no need for a fast pass.

Sometimes if there is only a 30 minute or less wait for Soarin - we'll grab a fast pass and wait on the line - this way we can do it twice.

Hope this helps.

Ditto! I couldn't see needing a fast pass for Living this time of year

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Fast pass Soarin definitely

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2013, 07:50 PM
I agree, get the fast pass for Soarin' then do the standby line if it's not too long.

BigRedDad
02-04-2013, 01:21 AM
FP Soarin, then get in the standby line. This way you can do it twice and be almost done with this side of the park for the day.

EJS-Houston
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
If you go into The Land at Epcot in order to do Soarin' and Living with the Land (getting there right at open) would you get a FP for Living with the Land, and then head straight to Soarin', or get a FP for Soarin' and do Living with the Land first? Trying to help our friends plan their upcoming trip in 3 weeks and wasn't sure how crowded both of these would end up first thing in the morning. They have a lot they want to accomplish at Epcot so trying to keep their schedule as time efficient as possible. I figured if they get the first FP's of the day, their return time should be around 9:45am or so. Thanks for any advice!!

We usually go straight for "Soarin'" for our first Fast Pass because by 2 p.m. all the Fast Passes are gone for the entire rest of the day.

villavic
02-05-2013, 08:34 AM
I was in july 2012 and entered when they just opened Epcot and walked directly to Soarin (walking fast, though not runned cause it's forbidden), and though most of people were taking the FP ticket, I went directly to enter the ride. I wasn't the first in the line, there were several people before me, but not a big crowd. I think I wait 7 to 10 minutes to enter the ride.

But that was entering right after the park opened (regular time, can't remember if that day there was an earlier Extra Hour for WDW guests).

kemps@wdw
02-06-2013, 09:42 PM
since The Land is not generally known for mega-lines and wait-times, I would FP Soarin, and ride it in the regular line (minimum wait time if you're early), then go ride The Land and then come back to do Soarin with the FP :D