PDA

View Full Version : POP Requests/Locations for rooms

mustBgoofy
01-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I was wondering if any of you guys can share with me your favorite locations/buildings at Pop? I'm trying to make this as magical as possible for my family(parents and sisters) that hasn't been in 18 years! Thanks!

hauntedmansiongirl
01-27-2013, 01:31 PM
We were all excited to be in the 50s building, as that is the era that my in-laws grew up in. However, we were surprised to hear the juke box at the pool started playing at 8am. After a few late nights out we had wanted to sleep in. Not possible with the juke box. Just something to consider! (It has been a few years since we were last there though). It was also a much longer walk to everything.

On the other hand, we have also stayed in the 70s building closest to the parking lot (0 building) and it was much quieter. And it was a much closer walk to the lobby, food court and bus stop.

Have a great time! The best thing about Pop is the Mousekeeping. In our experience, the rooms have been the cleanest of anywhere we have stayed on property!! :mickey:

etibbetts
01-27-2013, 01:37 PM
My favorite location is the 50's section lakeside. It's still a short walk to classic hall but its quiet on the lakeside.

We were upgraded our last time at pop to the 60's section by the pool - worst room ever. Kids were at the pool and screaming all hours of the night.

I've also stayed in the 70's section and that was good, although I still prefer 50's as it has its own pool.

We're planning a trip for later this year and I plan to request the 50's section, first floor, lakeside.

SBETigg
01-27-2013, 01:46 PM
I was in the fifties section, I think it was building 1, 4th floor. Quiet, no pool noise, close to the lobby building. I thought it was a great location.

Dopey's Girl
01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Just got back and I loved out room location. 50's building #3 (room 3337), overlooking the lake. Bit was really close to Classic Hall, but far enough from all of the pool noise!

Itchy
01-27-2013, 03:23 PM
We have stayed in the 50's, 60's, 80's and 90's. Of all of them I would prefer the 50's or 60's. The 90's were just to far out for me.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

E-OR
01-27-2013, 04:58 PM
We have stayed two times at Pop and are planning another trip in March as well as September, staying at POP. We stay in the 60's building, preferrred room. We were on the back side of the building with a lake view. I loved our location. We were close to the food court, pool, laundry, and busses. I would get a preferred room. For us, we like being close to everything. We tend to eat in the food court a lot and are always using the drink machine so being close to these are important. I love Pop. When staying at Values in the past we always stayed at Movies. I was worried about not liking Pop. But once we were there I fell in love with this value resort. It is a short walk to Art Of Animation too. We go over there to eat or look in their gift shop. You are close to Down Town. Pop is a great resort.

Canuck Park Hopper
01-29-2013, 10:40 AM
...The 90's were just to far out for me...

I thought it was the 60s that were "far out", but I know what you mean! :lei:

We have stayed at the 50s both times we have been there previously (Bldg 2 Jukebox & Bldg 3 Tramp) and enjoyed it because of the shorter walk to main hall, quieter pool, and we had lake-side views.

famlovesdisney
01-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Another vote for the 50's section! We also stayed lakeside. The biggest noise issue we had was the early morning construction noise at AofA (we were at POP in April 2012) but that wouldn't be a problem now! My kids also loved the bowling pin shaped pool! The walk to the main building and bus stop was very quick. Have a great trip! :mickey:

Kenny1113
01-29-2013, 04:48 PM
We have stayed several times in the 50s section near lady and the tramp and several times in the 60s section (not facing the pool). This last trip we stayed near the jukebox facing the lake. I really liked this location it was a bit further away from the food court, but was really quiet and relaxing being able to look at the lake. :)

BriarRose0708
01-29-2013, 04:53 PM
I love the 50's section! I stayed in the 90's once and if you cut through the parking lot the walk to Classic Hall and the bus stops wasn't much longer than from the 50's.

If outside noise from the pool is a concern, request a lakeside room. Although with all the new room categories out, a standard room location is usually a safe bet because generally they overlook parking lots or green areas. The prices also vary depending on what you book!

N2DisneyWorld
01-29-2013, 11:51 PM
We are staying at Pop Century for the first time next week. I was a little worried about the resort because we have never been to it. After reading all the posts, I am really excited about staying there. :mickey:

nfrustaci
02-02-2013, 09:00 PM
pop is by far our favorite resort can u tell ??? we have stayed in 50's facing the pool on the 3rd floor. noisy !!! also have stayed in 70's facing the court yard 1st floor and 3rd floor both nice. we have also stayed in the 90's section by far the quietest. 3rd floor facing the pool. cutting across the parking lot was quick to the bus stop and food court/gift shop. staying there again in 3 weeks and asked for a standard room this time instead of preferred and asked for ground floor, hoping for 50's section near the lake so we can have most breakfasts at AoA. wanted to stay there but wasn't willing to pay more for a standard room then we are paying at pop and be the furthest building from the main building.

ASweetLov
02-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I have stayed at POP 4 times and on my first trip we were given a room in 50's building #1(Lady) on first floor facing the parking lot. We loved the 50's section so much we have requested any of the 50's buildings for all of our trips with our requests being granted. 2nd trip got 50's building #2 (jukebox) facing pool. 3rd trip got 50's building #3 (tramp) facing the pool and 4th trip got 50's building #3 facing the lake. All of our rooms have been on first floor. Facing the pool can get a bit more noisy but we never mind, we just love the section so much. Very short walk to classic hall :mickey:

EJS-Houston
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
We have stayed two times at Pop and are planning another trip in March as well as September, staying at POP. We stay in the 60's building, preferrred room. We were on the back side of the building with a lake view. I loved our location. We were close to the food court, pool, laundry, and busses. I would get a preferred room. For us, we like being close to everything. We tend to eat in the food court a lot and are always using the drink machine so being close to these are important. I love Pop. When staying at Values in the past we always stayed at Movies. I was worried about not liking Pop. But once we were there I fell in love with this value resort. It is a short walk to Art Of Animation too. We go over there to eat or look in their gift shop. You are close to Down Town. Pop is a great resort.

We stayed at Pop for the first time this past November, and per the advice of fellow Intercotters, stayed in the 60s building on the 4the floor with a Lake view, except ours was a standard room. We loved it for all the reasons E-Or states very well above here. Plus we watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks one night from the room. Pop is now my resort of choice going forward, and I'll always ask for the 60s building, 4th Floor, Lake view.

JerseyDad
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
...guess I'm the odd one...because we love the 60's Buildings...poolside ...ground floor. Never been bothered by excessive noise ...and the convenience is worth a million bucks to us ...close to pool, bar, food court, buses...

...if I want "quiet serenity" I'll go to a couples retreat ....I want all the Disney Magic & atmosphere I can get...

olivegirl
02-20-2013, 07:14 PM
We so soo love POP!! Our favorite ever is 50s bldg facing Hourglass Lake!!!! It's really quiet back there and watching the sunsets are beautiful! It's away from the hustle and bustle and the noise from the pool!! We request this section with each stay at Pop and except for one time we were able to get our requests!!!! Have a great time!!!! :thumbsup:

QTPie68
02-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Hmmmmm.....I am odd too I guess, we really like being away from pool noise, so we always request 70's.....plus love that lime green color!