PDA

View Full Version : Habit Heroes Review

AgentC
01-27-2013, 10:41 AM
I went to the new Habit Heroes exhibit with my 4 year old daughter last Sunday. We never visited the first Habit Heroes because it closed before we could get over to try it.

Habit Heroes is in Innoventions East across from the Sum of All Thrills and Vision House. I would categorize it as a children/family game similar to other games in Innoventions like The Great Piggy Bank Adventure or Where’s the Fire? This game is does require physical activity but nothing too stressful.

People are let into the game in groups of 12. If there are two groups waiting when you get there, it may be better to come back since it takes about 15 minutes to play the game.

The group is led into the first room and each person stands on a gold circle. We are being recruited to fight bad habits. A video is played introducing the three main heroes and villains- Sorchers (dehydrate you) , Sappers (sap your energy) , and Block Bots (prevent you from making good food choices). Each hero has a special move (arms only) that zap the villain. You learn each move and then do them to zap the villains on the screen. The villains come faster and in random order as the game progresses.

My daughter was initially hesitant because the room is a bit dark and she had to stand slightly away from me on her spot. Once I helped her understand what we were doing she really got into this game. A slightly older child should have no problems. They were recommending that children 3 and under play with a parent.

The room is a series of Toy Story Mania guns (Pull ropes as my kids call them) in blue, green and red on two sides of the rooms with screen. You use your color gun to get your villain. Blue= Sorchers, Red= Sappers, Green = Bots. After that the villains combine and you need another player to combine their colors with yours to get both villains.

My daughter really loved this game. It was fun shooting the bad guys. Since we both choose different color guns, we were able to combine for some of the villains. When we needed the other color, we had to call out to find a player with that color to help. I could see this being a problem if you were playing alone and there were a group of people who knew each other playing. The only other problem I had was everyone rushed in to find a gun in the color they liked which made it difficult to find two guns next to each other for me and my daughter.

In the third room, you are given a RFID card in red , blue or green. There are RFID stations around the room. The villains are now trying to take over the world. You watch the screens to see where they are coming down and run to the stations and tap your card. Again teamwork is needed as multiple villains require multiple colors.

We had lots of fun doing this part and most of the people in the room seemed to be enjoying it. We ran around the room with our cards, tapping the stations and calling out for people with other colors to come help.

This is the last segment. When it is over everyone choose which villain they are going to continue to fight. You get a colored rubber bracelet and a card to continue your mission in the park and find a secret word and come back to Habit Heroes and enter the world at a screen.

This is the only part I didn't care for. I understand the idea is to get people out into the park to get more exercise, but as someone who goes frequently I could figure out the words on the red and green cards without going to that area. Also when I put in the word, I expected more- a certificate to email home, a short video- something. Instead you get an offer to get a comic book Habit Heroes app.

My daughter wanted to go back and play again to get another color band. Most kids in the 4-10 range will probably like it and I think it could be fun with a group of adults who don’t mind being silly. If you are an adult alone, this is might not be for you

Overall, I think this is a fun game for families or groups. It is a good choice for a rainy day , when you want to be out of the sun, or anytime you have some extra time to spare.

AgentC
01-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Here are a few pictures.

AgentC
01-27-2013, 10:58 AM
And a few more.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks for sharing!

We're the geeky types who really love Innoventions, so we're excited about a new game to play ... and this one seems like a general hit!

VWL Mom
01-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the review Cindy! This is the type of thing that my kids would have loved when they were younger.

BuffaloJason
02-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Great review. I'm bummed that we didn't check it out when I was there last week. My 4 year old would have loved that.

Melanie
02-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the review, Cindy! :thumbsup: How did I miss this when you first put out? Glad your daughter enjoyed, because I know how much your kiddo loves the Epcot games. :)

AgentC
02-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the review, Cindy! :thumbsup: How did I miss this when you first put out? Glad your daughter enjoyed, because I know how much your kiddo loves the Epcot games. :)

I think I posted it right around your Disneyland trip. :)

I know a lot of people skip them but we do always have fun at Innoventions. I was glad to see something new open because it was getting pretty empty in there.

pakerjon
02-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Hi, Nice post... i like it..

:thumbsup: