PDA

View Full Version : YC over Beach

Airblue1
01-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Just thinking and typing out loud, but I would take YC over Beach. It seems quieter and less fussy. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-27-2013, 11:30 AM
We have stayed at both and they are truly both wonderful resorts.

I think I slightly (very slightly) preferred YC. I love the nautical decor and it was a tad bit quieter than BC. But, I would stay at either one anytime!

SBETigg
01-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I've only stayed at Beach Club, but we spent some time at the Yacht Club, too, because it had a more comfortable vibe for us. More adult. More relaxed. Beach Club lobby was always crazy overpacked with kids running around, screaming, playing. Just really not my kind of place. Not that I have any problem with kids, and I fully expect them at WDW. But the BC lobby doesn't handle crowds well.

Dream'nDisney
01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
My kids have always liked the lobby at BC more than YC. Even when we stay at YC, we spend time in the BC lobby and Marketplace for the atmosphere. It just seems more alive. I'm sure it depends on the time of day, but whenever we've walked through either resort lobby, neither has been overly crowded or noisy. I don't think you will go wrong staying at either resort. We feel like we are staying at one large resort, rather than looking at it that we are staying at just the YC or just the BC. :mickey:

samandbrismom
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
We stayed at the Yacht Club for the 1st time last year and it just doesn't have the same welcoming, homey feel that the Beach Club has. It truely is a one of a kind for us:)

AgentC
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
I've stayed at both several times and I think it is really a personal preference. I have young children and we prefer Yacht Club. We really enjoy the decor and it is quieter than Beach Club. My kids especially love the huge globe in the lobby.

Another reason I prefer Yacht is that most rooms have full balconies where many at Beach have the standing balcony.

I would stay at either anytime.