PDA

View Full Version : 4 or 5 day ticket ?

polarbear72834
01-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Can't decide if we should get 4 or 5 day tickets. We get to Motel Sunday morn. after driving all night so will not go to parks that day, Monday will be our first park day. Friday will be our last park day. We plan to be in the parks by opening in the mornings and staying till near park closing each day. I'm thinking perhaps a 4 day ticket with a day mid trip to sleep in, relax and go shopping at that disney shopping place?
. Does that sound like a good plan or waste of a valuable disney day ?

1DisneyNut
01-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Our site sponsor "The Official Ticket Center" has 4 day tickets with a 5th day free right now: http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC
That should settle your dilemma. :mickey:

You can find the site sponsors in the bar on the left under ICOT Sponsors.

polarbear72834
01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Going to check that out now ! If I buy it online , can it get picked up after we get there ? We leave for Disney next Sat. and would not have time to get to me through mail before we leave for trip.

1DisneyNut
01-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes you can pick them up at their store which we have done a few times in the past. It is a convenient easy to get to location.

They will also deliver them to your hotel for a $10 fee. You just call when you get checked in to your hotel and they will bring them to you.

Of course you can have them mailed to you as well.

Just click on Shipping and all of the details and phone number for delivery is there as well as the address and a map.

Awesome_guy
01-26-2013, 11:24 AM
A midweek break is always great. The cost of extra the extra day is only going to be a maximum of between 10 and 15 dollars per person. The pricing structure entices people to stay longer than they might otherwise. That extra day might make it worthwhile to have, even for a hop into the park for an afternoon, or evening for a favourite attraction or some shopping within the parks.

Downtown Disney has lots of shopping and is nice to see, the shopping place. It can also be fun to see resorts and shop there (or stop for a snack or meal). The Boardwalk area comes to mind.

I love the evening shows: Fantasmic, Fireworks, Illuminations, etc. I would consider having my extra day covered with a pass even on a shopping/sleep in day... just to be able get into one of the four parks for that. Everyone tailors their own trips their own way though: LOTS of options! Too much go-go-go without any breaks though can definitely be exhausting!

MickeysBestPal
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Can't decide if we should get 4 or 5 day tickets. We get to Motel Sunday morn. after driving all night so will not go to parks that day, Monday will be our first park day. Friday will be our last park day. We plan to be in the parks by opening in the mornings and staying till near park closing each day. I'm thinking perhaps a 4 day ticket with a day mid trip to sleep in, relax and go shopping at that disney shopping place?
. Does that sound like a good plan or waste of a valuable disney day ?

You can ADD days to any MYW ticket (up to a total of 10) during your trip
(it can be done as late as ON the day that you use the last asset on your ticket.)

It will only cost the difference between the ticket that you HAVE and the ticket that you WANT.

That way, you can decide if you need another day (or more) when you are actually THERE.

DisneyDawgette
01-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I have to say, that me and my 20-something friends are in good shape and went for 4 days in October full-force... And I think the guys would have loved a break if I would have allowed it. We have a break factored into our next trip in December for that reason. ;)

But like others have said, if you decide that you need an extra day, you can always add it once you're down there or get the fifth day for free at the OTC. :)

ANG
01-27-2013, 08:18 AM
I say it depends on who you are touring with. If you have kids or older folks that can't walk much, I'd only do 4 days.

If it was just me and my husband, we'd never return to the resort:mickey:

beksy
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I see that you can add days to the tickets and had another question...where do you go to do this? Can it be done at the resort or do I need to go to a park customer service area? Also, can I add the park hopper option if I decide I want it after I get there or do I need to do that when I buy the tickets? Thanks for the help! :mickey:

Fangorn
02-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I see that you can add days to the tickets and had another question...where do you go to do this? Can it be done at the resort or do I need to go to a park customer service area? Also, can I add the park hopper option if I decide I want it after I get there or do I need to do that when I buy the tickets? Thanks for the help! :mickey:

You can upgrade the tickets at your resort or at Guest Relations at any of the Parks or at Downtown Disney. Upgrades include adding days or options such as Park Hopper.

Steve

CleveRocks
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Adding a 5th day costs only $10. And on top of that, as you've already learned, you can buy the 4-day ticket and then add the 5th day later if you want it.

HOWEVER, if you want to add days to your ticket you MUST do it before the end of the day in which you used up the ticket. In other words, if you buy a 4-day ticket and use it on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, you have only until the end of the day on Saturday to add days to that ticket. If you wake up Sunday morning and only then decide you want a 5th park day, it's too late to add that day to your ticket for $10.

[By the way, the above DOESN'T apply if you're staying at a Disney resort and have your ticket on your Key To The World card that has your name pre-printed on it.]