PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dining

CzepielCrew
01-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Fantasmic is me and my family's favorite show at Disneyworld. Is it better to get to the show early or go to one of the restaurants that offer Priority Seating. We will be going in October during Columbus Day week. This year, there was 2 shows per night on that week. Wasn't going to eat at those restaurants, but will make an exception if it will make Fantasmic that much easier to see.

Lana
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
We haven't done the dinner pkg before but we are planning to on our next trip. From what I understand, you get early admission and a preferred seating area. Also they are now accepting the dining plan for it. It takes 2 dinner vouchers per person. We've eaten at two out of three of the restaurants- The Brown Derby and Hollywood & Vine. The Brown Derby was very good. Hollywood & Vine is a buffet style if you like that sort of thing. I have yet to try Mama Melrose so I can't offer any opinion on that. I've heard mixed reviews on it. We haven't decided for sure which one we will dine at. I think it will be a nice experience though. Have fun! :mickey:

Gator
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
We do it every year. And unless something has changed in the last two months, it only costs in table credits what it would cost for just a plain old dinner at each restaurant. Hollywood&Vine and Mama's Melrose are 1 credit and Brown Derby is 2 credits. The first two are really good for food quality - I like them both better than SciFi Diner.

The seating is to the right of the stage. However, you can get really close to the water and you have a great view of the Steamboat Willie when the boat comes out.

Cheshire_Girl
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I really want to see fantasmic...but the lines is alsways sooooooooooo long by the time I get there and I've heard that if you want a good seat you need to be waiting up to 2 hours before show???
I've seen the Fantasmic Dining package offer before. Do you know, how long before show time do you need to be in line if you have the dinning/show package?

CzepielCrew
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I really want to see fantasmic...but the lines is alsways sooooooooooo long by the time I get there and I've heard that if you want a good seat you need to be waiting up to 2 hours before show???
I've seen the Fantasmic Dining package offer before. Do you know, how long before show time do you need to be in line if you have the dinning/show package?

I think I read somewhere that with the Priority Seating, you should arrive 1/2 hour - 45 minutes
before

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
I think I read somewhere that with the Priority Seating, you should arrive 1/2 hour - 45 minutes
before

Exactly.

And to address what was talked about earliuer in the thread, the only meal (I believe)that costs more than one table service is Brown Derby. So I believe that the 50s Primetime, mama's, and Hollywood and Vine are just 1.

Crow
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
heard not so good about H&V but never ate there. Brown Derby was a long time ago, mama was ok but its been a few trips also. i did the dining pkg once to avoid the crowds. Thats why i usually only see Fantasmic once a trip, the crowds....

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I think for me if I were going during a busy time I would bite the bullet and go with the Package...I recommend Mama Melrose out of three choices..beats standing in line for an hour. We've always told arrive 30 minutes ahead of time and they will direct you to your area.

Going2HeavenRU
01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Do you get some type of voucher that allows you to bypass the line for Fantasmic?

TinkerbellT421
01-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Just did the dinning package in December. Highly recommend it to avoid having to be there a few hours before like most people do in order to sit. It is slightly expensive, but keep in mind you are receiving an appetizer, entree and desert with the package. In terms of the ddp, everyone is correct that it is one dinning credit except brown derby which is two. I highly recommend mama melrose, DBF and I are snobby Italian food eaters when it comes to eating out. It's hard to impress us with restaurant Italian food, and we were HIGHLY impressed. We are actually thinking of making it a must do.

Going2heaven, yes you receive a green appear voucher that you take to the entrance and they will direct you to the dinning reservation line.

Pirate Granny
01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
I've done this a couple of times...always package...at first they were pretty good, you had a separate entrance and not the main one. Seats were still to the right, but a cast member made sure no-one was sneaking in until about 15 minutes before start...the last time, it was POURING, we had a child in a stroller, and you had to go down the same entrance as everyone...and when we got to the top, we were told, standing room only...it was 40 minutes before the show...I'm told that they no longer monitor those seats for the dining package people, and anyone can sit there...so, we turned around, very disappointed, as we only got the package so we could have reserved seats, and went home. We haven't gone since. But will try again if it opens up for our May trip, which dates aren't out yet! Brown Derby was wonderful, not a fan of the decor or buffet at H&V, and have very mixed results at Mama Melrose.

TinkerbellT421
01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Pirate granny, how long ago was that experience? We were there just in December, and you had to go through about five people double checking your card before you got to the reserved seating.

DisneyDawgette
01-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Always go for the dinner package! We've always been very happy with our seating and even happier about not having to wait in line for hours! On our last trip, there were people lining up for the show well over an hour before we even went to dinner. In my opinion, it's better to be safe than sorry. :thumbsup:

DisneyDawgette
01-26-2013, 01:24 PM
And when we went, they did check for our DP voucher at LEAST 5 times, and that was in October. Hope it helps! :mickey:

VWL Mom
01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
But will try again if it opens up for our May trip, which dates aren't out yet! Brown Derby was wonderful, not a fan of the decor or buffet at H&V, and have very mixed results at Mama Melrose.

I was able to book for the end of June at 180 days. I would think May dates are out but may be sold out. :(

mrte62
01-26-2013, 10:42 PM
We have done H&V, Brown Derby and Mama Melrose.

Last two years (Brown Derby and Mama Melrose) we were able to do lunch as part of the package.

Brown Derby was wonderful, H&V was great with the kids and Mama Melrose was actually quite a pleasant surprise.

With the reserved seating we usually show up about 10 minutes before the show and have always gotten a seat.

stephicakes
01-27-2013, 08:32 AM
...the last time, it was POURING, we had a child in a stroller, and you had to go down the same entrance as everyone...and when we got to the top, we were told, standing room only...it was 40 minutes before the show...I'm told that they no longer monitor those seats for the dining package people, and anyone can sit there...so, we turned around, very disappointed, as we only got the package so we could have reserved seats, and went home. We haven't gone since.

I'm sorry... but this would infuriate me. :blowup: I have never done the package and I'm not sure if I would want to if this may be the case. If you buy an advertised "package" for dinner and preferred seating, that is what you should get. Not a "chance" seating at the show. Since they sell the package and ADR's... they should know approx how many people bought and need seating. Errrg :shake:

Keneva
01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
We did the dinner package last Aug @ H&V and although it was expensive, we were all (DH, DW, DD11, DS7) very happy with the quality and variety of the buffet. Everyone found multiple things that they liked. Good deserts to. The quantity was unlimited being buffet. We were checked multiple times on our way in to Fantasmic and it seemed like we were pretty much centered/center right maybe but still very good seats and we didn't get there very early for the evening show (9 pm ish?). Afterwords, there was a launch with no waiting to take us back to the Swan which was the first stop. I'm glad we did it but it's not a must do everytime for us.

collingwood
05-04-2013, 01:58 AM
I have yet to try Mama Melrose so I can't offer any opinion on that..........., :mickey:

FenwayGirl
05-04-2013, 05:48 AM
We do Fantasmic dining every trip. Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine are one table credit. I believe that the Brown Derby is always 2 table credits.
We usually dine at MM...one of my family's favorites. Highly recommend this Fantasmic dining option. I don't think we have ever waited in line for Fantasmic.

KylesMom
05-07-2013, 12:49 AM
In the heat and busy of the summer, would not do Fantasmic without the dinner package at Mama Melrose. We have always reported 45 minutes to one hour before show time which has been satisfactory. How busy will it be when the O/P will be there? Unsure, as I did not do Fantasmic the only October I was there - in 2012. However, it has always been worth it for our family - back to the time that DS was a toddler! :smickey::smickey:

DANAM
05-07-2013, 11:10 PM
We have done Fantasmic with and without the package and I would definitely recommend the package. We had a couple bad experiences at Mama Melrose and will never go back but we have been to Hollywood and Vine all 5 of our trips and never had a bad meal.

On a side note I have never been able to figure out how to book this package online. Is it even possible? I want to book for New Years Eve and just planned on calling. But if its possible to book online I may try both because I know its going to be hard to get.