PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Recommendations?

Lacy
01-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I have recently started listening to podcasts on my bus commute. I get motion sick so can't really read on the bus so I've found that having interesting podcasts has made me more inclined to take the bus and less inclined to spend parking money.

I've been listening to the intercot podcast as well as some about running - mickey miles and another mother runner. I've been going through them faster than new podcasts are released so I was going to see what podcasts other intercotees enjoy.

Suggestions - Disney or other?

GAN
01-25-2013, 05:41 AM
Do you listen to This American Life -it's an excellent podcast. As far as other Disney related podcasts -Lou Mongello's WDW Radio is probably a not to be missed for the ultimate Disney fan(very pro-Disney, very little "constructive" criticism) in my opinion he gets the best interviews and offers the most in-depth Disney stories. The other I would suggest is The DisUnplugged podcast -great mix of people who make it interesting.

gerald72
01-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Try WDW Today

justice11
01-25-2013, 12:31 PM
:confused:what is a podcast? How do you do it? I know this is a silly question.thanks

BrerGnat
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
I really like Stuff You Should Know.

I also routinely listen to both Inside the Magic and Wedway Radio. These two are excellent Disney podcasts, with Inside the Magic focusing on current happenings (it's a weekly podcast) and Wedway Radio focusing more on Disney history. You can download back episodes of Wedway Radio, in particular, as they have covered a LOT of interesting topics.

Capt_redshirt
01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
I listen to inside the magic for my Disney fix he also looks at all the other parks in the Florida area if you are into technology of any kind you cant go wrong with the TWIT network... as to answer justice11 question podcasts are like talk radio programs mostly informative sometimes they have discussions. there are many ways to listen to them. online or iPod like devices are the easiest. on a similar note.. i am trying to start my own podcast network with focus on the nerdy things in life like video games and disney... if you have interest in this maybe we can talk more about it send me a note

BriarRose0708
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
My favorite Disney Podcasts are (of course) the INTERCOT Insider Live, the Disney Food Blog, and WDW Today. :mickey:

cather74
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree. Wdw radio is awesome. I also like an old podcast called the meandering mouse. He doesn't make them anymore but it is just that......a guy meandering through the parks so you get to hear all the sounds and rides.

justice11
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
I am technology dumn, I have an i pod and a kindle fire can I listen to podcasts through them and how do I go about it. also how do you see blogs like a disney one. thanks

Dixie Springs
01-25-2013, 06:06 PM
They are available via the iTunes store. You download, like a music purchase (except it's free). Lot's of selection there.

Lacy
01-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going to start with This American Life and Wedway Radio. I'm more interested in Disney history at this point since I don't have any trips on the near horizon.

justice11
01-26-2013, 12:18 AM
thanks dixie springs

GAN
01-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going to start with This American Life

I hope you enjoy it!

sgdisney
01-26-2013, 08:03 AM
A couple of other Disney podcast that I like include the Passporter Mom's podcast and Be Our Guest. BOG does a lot of trip reports with their listeners.

Kairi_7378
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
My current favorites are This American Life, Stuff you Missed in History Class, and Manic Mommies. (If you try Manic Mommies you might want to start with some of the older episodes when the kids are younger.)