PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Soup

NJGIRL
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
It is so cold in NJ this week so I have been eating a ton of soup trying to get the chill out of me. I was booking our next trip while eating lunch (soup of course) today and started to day dream about the soup in Disney. Instantly my soup wasn't that exciting anymore. Here are my top three soups(can you see a pattern) I've had in Disney. What are yours???

#1 The Lava Tomato Basil Soup with Parm Cheese....served at T-Rex (Yes T-Rex!). It is hot and so creamy. The cheese was the perfect touch.

#2 The Tomato Soup.....served at the Earl of Sandwich. Again very creamy and the croutons they put in the soup are like homemade. They make the soup. I like the soup so much I don't even bother getting a sandwich anymore and I really like their sandwiches.

#3 The BLT Soup.....served at the Scifi. I get it without the B, but that doesn't take away from the taste. Croutons are in the soup, but the touch that I love is the lettuce on the top. So good!

I also have to give a shout out to the Homemade Misty Isle Potato & Leek Soup served at Finnegins at Universal. It's the best potato soup I have ever had and is a must for me each trip no matter what the temperature is ouside.

BriarRose0708
01-24-2013, 03:39 PM
I think the only time I've had soup at WDW is the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup from Le Cellier. I liked it a lot but think the cheese soup from my local BBQ place is much better.

I'd like to try the soups at BOMA some time though!

Kenny1113
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
My favorite soup at WDW is from Boma the coconut curry chicken soup. It's so good! And I don't like coconut at all.

vicster
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Boma had a corn chowder that was out of this world!

VWL Mom
01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Portobello Soup from Artist Point would hit the spot right now.

luvDaMouse
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Love the Carrot Ginger soup at Boma and the butternut squash soup at Mara ( you can also get the carrot soup at Mara) My dh and I each get soup and a croissant for lunch YUM....:thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
African stew in a bread bowl at AKL's Mara is my favorite. The lobster bisque at Le Chefs de France and Coral Reef are both excellent.:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
When I think of soup at Disney, my mind races to your #2 choice. It's the one my family raves about. Now, I'm very interested in trying these others, however soup isn't the first food to come to my mind when I think of dining at Disney. I'm not sure why because I love a good, hearty soup. Thanks to all with the recommendations. :mickey:

Niecyboo
01-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Another vote for the Butternut Squash soup at Mara. They also have this at Boma's on certain nights and one time our server brought me a giant bowl of it even though it wasn't on the buffet that night.

Second Choice....Strawberry Soup from 1900 Parke Fair. Not exactly a cold weather soup but I'd rather be in warm weather anyway.

Third choice...almost any other soup from Bomas.

Kairi_7378
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Love the mushroom soup at Artist's Point!

arbie_c
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
I love the cheddar cheese soup at Le Cellier.

mouseketeer mom
01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
The best soup I've ever had in my life, and perhaps one of the best things I have eaten in my life is the Peanut soup at Boma. Holy Bananas it's incredible.

Crow
01-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Portobello Soup from Artist Point would hit the spot right now.

I agree its great:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
So many good choices. I can't wait to try some of them in October.

SBETigg
01-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Soup! I love all of the soups I've had at Boma. If I am in a soup mood, Boma always comes to mind. But the potato leek soup at Rose and Crown is so good, too- or, was, as it's no longer on the menu. I'm a fan of clam chowder, but I live in New England and none of the Disney clam chowders, though good, have quite met my expectations.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
1. Cheddar Cheese Soup-LeCellier
2. Lobster Bisque-Le Chefs De France
3. Strawberry Soup-1900 Park Fare

Actually these are the only three soups that come to mind I've eaten in Disney. All were good.

snowflakegirl
01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Soup! Oh how I love soup (and I'm eating some right now). I can't say I've had too many of the Disney soups, but I have a couple that I think about even when I'm not there.

My all time favorite is the Carrot Ginger soup at Boma. I also love the Chicken Corn Chowder at Boma and the Curried Coconut Seafood Stew at Boma (are you noticing a theme?). I have basically enjoyed all the soups that I've tried at Boma.

I also really like Le Cellier's Cheddar Cheese soup.

Katzateer
01-26-2013, 08:36 AM
I don't eat soup very often at Disney- guess it is because it doesn't sound good to me in warm weather. But I have to try that tomato soup at Earl of Sandwich next time I go!

Kairi_7378
01-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Need to give an honorable mention to the chowder at Columbia Harbor House.

jnfr2424
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
The French Onion soup at BOG was not bad
Even better at Les Chefs in France
Hate to burst any bubbles but they took the BLT SOUP off the menu at Sci Fi I miss it do much!!
But hands down EoS tomato soup is amazing!!!

Goofy Dad 13
01-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Soupa Azteca at San Angel Inn. Fresh ingredients and they pour the broth on at the table. So Good. That and an app (+:beer:) makes a great lunch.

Pop Centurion
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
The Mulagatawny Soup I had a few years ago at Boma was amazing. Unfortunately it's hasn't been there anytime we've gone since.

But all of the soups from Boma are delicious. My favorites are:
Curried Coconut Seafood Stew
Coconut Chicken Curry Soup
Butternut Squash
Chicken Corn Chowder
Zanzibar Crab Soup

The Zanzibar Crab Soup has very strong crab flavor & is really rich & velvety. As good as it is, I can only eat a small amount because it does get to be too much. Plus my wife kept telling me not to talk to her at dinner because it made my breathe smell like crabs. Hahaha.

I also enjoy the Strawberry Soup from 1900 PF.

Sadly I've never had the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Le Cellier because I don't eat pork & it contains Bacon. :(

BrerGnat
01-28-2013, 11:47 AM
I made THIS POTATO LEEK SOUP (http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2012/05/potato-leek-soup-with-irish-cheddar-cheese-crisps/) a couple weeks ago for dinner. Holy cow, was it good! And, easy to make.

I kicked it up a little by adding chopped green onions and homemade bacon bits on top when I served it.

I had Potato Leek Soup on the last night of our Disney Dream vacation, and it was so good, I vowed to find a copycat recipe. This recipe I found from the F&W Festival was spot on!