PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day in AK- help me plan??!

minnie-mouse
01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
We have one day to spend in AK we hope to be there when park opens and leave by 3pm. We have DD7 and DD9, here are the things we hope to see, any helpful tips to possibly get it all done in one day?

Kilamanjaro Safari—do this first
Festival of the Lion King show
Camp Minnie & Mickey - Greeting Trails (Characters)
Lunch - Pizzafari
Flights of Wonder bird show
Finding Nemo Musical
Boneyard playground
Fossil Fun Games
Triceratops Spin (Dumbo-like ride)

faline
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
I'd start by checking the performance times and working the rest of your schedule around that.

MOJoe
01-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I'd start by checking the performance times and working the rest of your schedule around that.

I agree. In addition i suggest that you do not wait to see the final Finding Nemo show of the day. The first show can sometimes be a walk on, while the last can fill to capacity, leaving late comers without a seat. Not to mention the time lost waiting in line.

PlutoPlanet
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
I was underwhelmed with Nemo. If you need to cut one thing, I'd suggest Nemo.

Kplaster
01-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I agree that Nemo wasn't the best show but I did enjoy seeing it the first time. Kinda a I actually saw it thing.

minnie-mouse
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks. My kids really want to do Kilamanjaro Safari and Festival of the Lion King show so that's why I was thinking of doing those first and then all other things we get to are a bonus. Doesn't the safari ride get busy during the day if you don't do it first thing in the am?

bruin1344
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
I think you should be able to get everything done by 3. Safari wait picks up around 11 AM so definitely do it first.

minnie-mouse
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tip.

Dulcee
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Don't cut Nemo! Its fantastic!

Also with young kids (especially if they are animal lovers) you'll want to check out the conservation station. I think it gets ignored alot by visitors buts its fun, educational and your kids can get up close and personal with some goats and other barnyard animals.

BigRedDad
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
If you are leaving at 3PM, you will miss one of my favorite parades. The Jammin Jungle Parade is so much fun and catchy. Plus, you are right on top of the parade.

MOJoe
01-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Don't cut Nemo! Its fantastic!

:ditto: It's a broadway style production. And my favorite show in WDW. Occasionally some of the singers can have an off performance. I think that is why some people are not fans. But you should see it and judge for yourself. I think it's great.

DonaldDuckUSA
01-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Doesn't the safari ride get busy during the day if you don't do it first thing in the am?

Not only does it get busy, but it appears the animals go back into the shade during the afternoon hours and non feeding times. It's been my experience that you see more animals going in the morning or at dusk. :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks. My kids really want to do Kilamanjaro Safari and Festival of the Lion King show so that's why I was thinking of doing those first and then all other things we get to are a bonus. Doesn't the safari ride get busy during the day if you don't do it first thing in the am?

This is a good plan! Love both of these. Not a fan of the Nemo show, but your children may be.
Enjoy yourselves! We always get our faces painted on the way to the Safari. Lasts and is done so quickly! :simba:

LVT
01-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Looking good. I think you will also have time enough to walk the trails close up to the Tree of Life. The carved animals are great and your kids are old enough to enjoy the discovery aspect of the carved tree.

Sylvia
02-01-2013, 06:14 PM
If you are leaving at 3PM, you will miss one of my favorite parades. The Jammin Jungle Parade is so much fun and catchy. Plus, you are right on top of the parade.

And if you get lucky as I have been on a few times, you can actually see the parade two times in the same day. Quitely by accident, I found a nice spot to stand one day, which happened to be both the starting point and the ending point. So, I saw the parade as it began and saw it again as it came around to the end. Since it is also one of my favorite parades, I was very happy. :thumbsup: