PDA

View Full Version : refillable mug RFID

waymickey
01-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Is Disney using the chip on the Refill Mugs? I know they were testing it and wondered if they put it into use at all resorts? Just curious not looking to start any big debate or discussion.

SBETigg
01-24-2013, 06:50 AM
They weren't last time I was there (October 2012). I think I recall reading they dropped the chip thing on cups because the testing phase didn't work out well for them.

VWL Mom
01-24-2013, 07:03 AM
I wonder with the new wristbands if they will code the cups on to your band. You would need to swipe your band to get a refill.

Strmchsr
01-24-2013, 08:29 AM
I wonder with the new wristbands if they will code the cups on to your band. You would need to swipe your band to get a refill.

I think that's a good possibility. Of course, then you could use any old mug so they might not want to go that route. I think they're still trying to figure out what to do with the mugs.

anneo
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I think an easy, obvious solution to the mug problem is to include the cost of the mug with your room stay. That way everyone gets a mug, and you're not having to worry if someone is using a mug from 3 years ago or things like that.