PDA

View Full Version : 1 Epcot Day - help me plan??!

minnie-mouse
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Will we have time to do all of the following? Also, is this a good order to try and do things in (to limit excess walking for little ones and use time wisely)? We are planning on being at park by 9am and leaving by 3pm. Here are the things we would like to see. Help, not too familiar with Epcot.

Spaceship Earth
Character Connections
Get Soarin’ passes
Sea w Nemo
Turtle Talk w Crush
Bruce’s Sub House play area
The Land
Journey Into Imagination
Innoventions West –interactive games
Soarin
lunch at American Adventure
tour thru countries to meet characters (will not spend time going thru each presentation at countries as kids are too young)
Mexico boat ride

PlutoPlanet
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
One thought is that you wait for Spaceship Earth until later in the day. A common approach is to get a FP for Test Track or Soarin, and then walk on to the other one (Soarin or Test Track) if you can.

etibbetts
01-23-2013, 12:12 PM
I would recommend getting your Soarin fast passes first. The stand by line is always long and passes run out (or would be later than you would be in the park) quickly.

If Spaceship earth has a wait over 15 minutes, I'd wait and do it towards the end of your day. Most people go there first so there is a wait first thing in the am, but later next to no wait.

It seems like you have a lot on your list to tackle, not sure if you'll get it all, but I'd just say enjoy each thing and not rush through trying to squeeze it all in.

Dulcee
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
My thoughts...

Save Spaceship Earth for last, the line for that rarely tops 15 minutes.

Walk in and send someone off to grab fast passes for Soarin. Meet up at the character spot and do as much of the Seas and the Land as you can before your fast passes.

Do lunch anywhere but American Adventure. There are so many great counter service options around World Showcase!

Hit up the boat ride in Norway (assuming your kids aren't extremely young) they'll likely enjoy this and you can skip the movie at the end.

SandmanGStefani24
01-23-2013, 12:59 PM
i always do Epcot in one day, and always manage to do everything I want so you should do ok. Here is my advice...

I don't do Soarin anymore because of the long wait time, and I kind of have that "been there, seen it" feeling about it. Not that it's bad, just not something I need to do every trip. But if I was, I would go immediately there and FP that first. Also know that the wait even with Fp is long, so get all bathroom breaks and snacks out of the way. :D

Like everyone else said, don't do Spaceship Earth until later in the day, so you can simply walk on. Also, use a few places to stop and take a break from walking/waiting. Try the Coke station and get free samples. I always like stopping here. Like was suggested earlier, give the Norway ride a shot too.

BTW, maybe try Test Track? For some reason Soarin scares me more than that lol...Besides, with the new neon theming, it's a lot less scary except for the speed run. Anyone else feel like they are going to fall right out of their seat on soarin? I grip my side handle for dear life! :-o I have no problem going upside down, high speeds, or fast turns but for some reason, that kills me..

Anyway, enough rambling, hope this helps!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
I think its possible but if I were you I'd get Soarin passes after entering the park then come back and ride Spaceship

minnie-mouse
01-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone, this really helps a lot. Some of you had mentioned the Norway boat ride, is that a lot like the Mexico boat ride? (it's been a few years since Epcot for me, as we couldn't go last time with the kiddos). Just don't want to make kids sit thru films, they will hate that. We won't be doing Test track (DD9 does not like fast anything!)

Also, does the Character Connections get busy fast if you don't do that first thing in the am?

indytraveler
01-23-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't know about the Character Connections since I have older kids... However, the Norway boat ride is interesting. It is a quick history of Norway as you ride in a slow moving log style boat ride. A miniature drop and you don't have to stay for the movie at the end.

Hope this helps. I think you will be able to get everything in. What are your travel days?

ransam
01-23-2013, 04:19 PM
no matter what you do, it will be a hectic day.

have fun!

Zippy 1
01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Character Connection can get very busy with long lines. When we were there last February we did it early in the am with little line. By lunch there was quite a line. Have fun!!

BigRedDad
01-24-2013, 07:52 AM
The only planning advice I give for Epcot is to tour WS counter-clock-wise. The reason is as the day moves, the sun sets in your face as you go clockwise. Moving counter clock wise, you will not be blinded.

bruin1344
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Go to Soarin right when it opens and do the standby. Fastpasses go fast and even the fastpass line has a wait. Journey and Spaceship Earth have very minimal waits so those can be done later.

ginny57
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone, this really helps a lot. Some of you had mentioned the Norway boat ride, is that a lot like the Mexico boat ride? (it's been a few years since Epcot for me, as we couldn't go last time with the kiddos). Just don't want to make kids sit thru films, they will hate that. We won't be doing Test track (DD9 does not like fast anything!)

Also, does the Character Connections get busy fast if you don't do that first thing in the am?

The boat ride in Norway is a lot of fun ...and you can skip the movie - just walk thru the theater when you get off the boat.

minnie-mouse
01-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Thank you everyone. I know there's only so much planning I can do, and the kids will dictate the rest when we are there. But these tips really help us use time wisely.

ANG
01-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Unless you eat lunch at 2pm, I'd be surprised if you get all that done before then. I know my kids would get cranky fast without lunch.

minnie-mouse
01-25-2013, 02:28 PM
We plan to eat at American Adventure as we want CS and my kids are picky eaters, so chicken nuggets will work. I am confident we will be able to get most of it done. I will let you know how it goes.