PDA

View Full Version : TEST TRACK reviews

nicholsbears
01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
:santa: We had to leave 2 days before the new Test Track opened. Would anyone be willing to review it for me ? Thanks.

Altair
01-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I wasn't very impressed. The ride track is the same only all the visuals have been removed.:(

Dulcee
01-23-2013, 11:10 AM
My feeling was the same as above. Track is the same, interactive aspect through fast pass (the only way to get on the dang ride a few days after opening) is minimal and the new graphics in the ride don't tell you much other then looking at pretty neon lights.

Strmchsr
01-23-2013, 11:21 AM
:ditto: Take the old ride, put it into the world of Tron and there you go.

The standby line is much better than the FP line, though.

minnie-mouse
01-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Is this ride fun for young children, 6-9?

Strmchsr
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Is this ride fun for young children, 6-9?

If they liked the old version they'll probably like the new version just fine.

minnie-mouse
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
They never went on old version. Was wondering if it will frighten young ones at all?

etibbetts
01-23-2013, 12:07 PM
My nephew and niece loved the old ride and they were only 5 and 7 when they went on. We also missed the opening by a few days so we didn't get to experience the new version.

Dulcee
01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
There's really nothing frightening. As long as your kids enjoy moving quick they'll be fine.

Strmchsr
01-23-2013, 12:38 PM
They never went on old version. Was wondering if it will frighten young ones at all?

The only part that is "frightening" is the truck appearing in the dark tunnel, but even that was pretty tame. There's nothing that should be too bad for the kids. My boys have both loved it since they were 5. And they liked the new version, too.

SandmanGStefani24
01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
I wasn't very impressed. The ride track is the same only all the visuals have been removed.:(

saw a video and agree big time. The brakes test was fun bc you saw this barrier coming at you full speed while you continued to accelerate. Now, you just see a sea of neon beams and lights. No element of danger so suspense or fun. I think they messed up a good thing...

I'll always have the memories....and you tube videos.

Butters
01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
HUGE dissapointment... Take out all show effects and add black lights! I don't think I've ever been this dissapointed with a refurb. My suggestion is don't waste your time unless you get a FP, not worth more than a 10 min wait.

Tygger7
01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
I'll echo what others have said...when my DH asked what I thought, the only response I could come up with was "meh". To be fair, I did do the single rider line, so I missed the whole "build your sim car" piece...but I wanted to see how well the ride would "stand alone".

The old version seemed to have a better "story"...to me, there was a lot of spots where it was just "scanning" to compare your ride vehicle. I miss the environmental chambers and I wish they would have just added to the original story line, versus going to stricly a computer simulation feel.

I'm still willing to give it another shot and see if building the sim car improves the experience, but I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. Best comparison I heard: They turned all of Test Track into the second half of Spaceship Earth.

Gator
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm gonna part ways with everyone on this one. I really liked it. I thought it was a lot better than the old version. No more bumpy roads, and no more severe brake tests. The pre-show is great because you can design your own car, which is cool. Take the time to do this - it makes the experience way better. And I love the new Tron-style feel to the whole ride. It makes TT feel like more of a fun ride than an educational experience. I love it and so did my wife who hated the last version, and so did my 5yo and 7yo.

SandmanGStefani24
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
It makes TT feel like more of a fun ride than an educational experience. .

I hate to see this sort of thing about anything in Epcot. I love that Epcot has plenty to teach us about our world. Heaven forbid we actually LEARN something...

ok, getting off my :soapbox: now...at WDW everyone is entitled to feel the way they want.

RavsRuleDisney!
01-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I always thought the overall theming of TT from the cars flying by outside the building, the que area and the ride itself was a great combo of education and fun. I have not ridden the update (60 days & counting!) but it sounds like they ripped out all the visual elements of the original and made it basically a "dark" ride with lots of Tron-like lighting. Hey, if they somehow managed to reduce the amount of times this attraction breaks down that would be all the refurb I need!! :car:

Main Street Jim
01-26-2013, 11:28 AM
No more bumpy roads, and no more severe brake tests. But isn't that the whole *point* of a "Test Track"?

I miss the environmental chambers...So what's in place of these now? You just ride through some dark space?

To be fair, I haven't seen any of the "refurb" ride-through videos yet.

Strmchsr
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
So what's in place of these now? You just ride through some dark space?

One of the areas is a dark area with some neon lights. The other old chamber has a mirror with a computer generated wind tunnel so that you see the aerodynamics of yours.

Stu29573
01-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Pro: my wife can ride it now
Con: she may not want to with all the fun stuff taken out....

Crow
01-27-2013, 12:57 AM
my friend says its more tron like...
ill check it out when i arrive Feb 2nd

Gator
01-27-2013, 06:57 PM
I hate to see this sort of thing about anything in Epcot. I love that Epcot has plenty to teach us about our world. Heaven forbid we actually LEARN something...

Disney is changing Epcot more from educational to interactive (design your own car, control your own space ship to mars on M:S). I think it's a good thing.

larjani
02-03-2013, 06:36 AM
We rode Test Track yesterday, and loved it. The family and I thought it was more fun than the original. I wanted to ride it again, but there was a 70 min wait. So much for the slow weekend. The line probably would have moved faster, but I figured at least 45 min.

Melanie
02-03-2013, 07:30 AM
At least the shot around the building is still fun. Otherwise, blech. Not my thing.

Dopey's Girl
02-03-2013, 11:00 AM
At least the shot around the building is still fun. Otherwise, blech. Not my thing.

I agree with Melanie. Love the outside loop, but everything inside (including the design portion) was very underwhelming.

larjani
02-06-2013, 07:36 PM
We read how bad it was, maybe we didn't expect much. It seemed to fit with the Future world theme. It seemed to be popular. Most of the time the line had the longest wait time in the park.

WDWgoofy
02-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Based on comments I pleasantly surprised with the latest version of Test Track.

In fact, I think it is improved. The whole pre-show had gotten very old to me and I really liked the new look and design.

I agree the test track theme is gone. I think that with the changes, the ride should have been renamed, SimCar.

tiggerbuddy
02-09-2013, 05:56 PM
I agree....:thumbsup:

I think they messed up a good thing...

Crow
02-10-2013, 10:20 PM
i rode it 3 times in the last wk. I like it. And i think its an improvement