PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror?

minnie-mouse
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Do Fast passes go quick for this ride? If we were to show up at DHS at 3pm would we be able to get fast passes for this ride? Also, has anyone let their young children ride this and did they like it? My DD6 has been begging to try it, she is definitely over any height requirement.

DisneyDawgette
01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
I feel like this depends on the day of the week that you go. However, I don't remember the last time ToT ran out of FastPasses. During peak season though, they may be far out and have a hefty wait... But not too frequently. ToT is one of those rides that it's either really busy, or completely dead. :/

AgentC
01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
You should be able to get Fast Passes at 3, though depending on how busy the day is you might not need them or they might be for the end of the night. TOT usually does not run out of Fast Passes.

As far as your 6 year old , I think it depends. I let my son go on but I had forgotten how dark a lot of the ride was. He was still afraid of the dark at that time, so it was not a good experience for him. Next, how is your daughter with drop rides? If the dark doesn't bother her and she has been on drop rides before, I don't think it will be a problem. If either thing is an issue for her, you may want to wait.

Goofster
01-23-2013, 10:40 AM
It depends on your child. My little sister rode it with me about 14 years ago when she was 5 and loved it. This upcoming trip my DS6 is riding it for the first time and so is my DS8 and DS9, but the latter two would never have rode it at the age of 6! My DS6 is more of an adventurous soul than his two older siblings. :mickey:

roses
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I have found on my trips that if you go in the evening, the ToT is pretty much a walk on ride.

etibbetts
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
If you go in the evening, just make sure it's before Fantasmic lets out. Once that lets out the line gets long as a lot of people head over for one last ride.

My nephew first went on at age 7 and loved it! It's one of his favorites still. My niece on the other hand just tried it (she's a few months shy of 7) and she did not like it. She's fine with the dark, the drops scared her.

bruin1344
01-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I havent been to TOT during peak time but outside of peak time, Ive never waited more than 15 min to get on and fast passes never ran out.

If she is over the height limit and wants to go on, let her do it.

Gator
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Both of my older kids rode it when they were 3yo. They both asked once they were 40 inches and we let them. They both thought it was "too fast" but it made them all ready to hit it when we returned for the next trip. It became a must do for them at the age of 5.

Cheshire_Girl
01-25-2013, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=etibbetts;2329952]If you go in the evening, just make sure it's before Fantasmic lets out. Once that lets out the line gets long as a lot of people head over for one last ride.
QUOTE]

This is good to remember...I've also notice, that if it is right before they start seating for Fantasmic when the line for that is horrendous-ToT tends to be busy as well from all the people who wanted to see Fantasmic and then took one look at the line!
ToT is my favorite ride in all the parks :) Up until I rode it last year, I vowed to never get on a ride that was a straight drop...go figure. I say if she is tall enough, and in her bravery tells you she wants to ride it, let her. She hears all those screams so she knows she getting on something scary!
Let us know how she likes it