PDA

View Full Version : Possible Sleeping Issues at Disney Parks?

Elias1901
01-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Greetings all! In preparation for an upcoming trip to Disneyland, I thought I'd ask this question personally. My partner has a bit of a... well, quite a bit of a snoring problem. And I am one who is prone to fixate on sounds and get annoyed by them. In our day to day life, I found a solution for sleeping which was having a LOUD industrial grade fan running to create white noise.

You see, I can tolerate, almost prefer, sleeping with constant and somewhat soothing white noises. On past holidays I've tried to turn the A/C units in the hotel rooms to full blast to try and create some noise to put me to sleep with and drown out the snoring... but I'm afraid not every hotel will have this connivence.

We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel when we are on the trip. So, I was curious if anyone has any tips or methods to help me out? If possible, I'd like to avoid anything uncomfortable to sleep with such as earplugs and iPod/headphones, etc. that's why I preferred having white noise emitted from an external location like an A/C unit or fan.

Being on a vacation to Disney is exciting enough for me and at times, it can be hard for me to fall asleep as my mind is buzzing with excitement of what we are doing the next day, etc. So, I also wonder if anybody knows some ways to help my mind "turn off" so I can get a good night's rest for the busy day to follow.

Thanks for any help!! :sheep:

Maleficent_vf
01-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Have you tried earplugs? I have found them very helpful when sharing a room with a heavy snorer. I too fixate on sounds and found myself going through many sleepless nights, until I tried earplugs.

Good Luck!

BrerGnat
01-23-2013, 08:03 AM
You can purchase a white noise machine and bring it with you. Some are quite small.

OR, if you have a smart phone, you can download a White Machine noise app and bring along one of those little portable speakers that you plug your phone into.

Finally, you can simply purchase a small, but loud fan and use it in your room. If you will have a car, there is a Target on Harbor Blvd in Garden Grove, about 10 min from the DLR. You can purchase a cheap fan there to use during your stay. Or, if you won't have a car, buy one on Amazon or something and ship it to the Hotel, C/O you.

The DLH rooms have "central air" units, so they are quiet.

kbean
01-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Im exactly the same way. I found very comfortable ear plugs at Walmart which I can't sleep without now. And I also use a machine that makes the white noise sound. The machine is called sleep mate and usually cost around 40-50.

EpcotChic23
01-23-2013, 08:57 AM
My DH needs white noise to sleep (and it also covers up his snoring too). We have stayed in 2 hotels in WDW and they provided a box fan for us. We just had to request it when we checked in.

Cheshire_Girl
01-24-2013, 08:48 AM
OR, if you have a smart phone, you can download a White Machine noise app and bring along one of those little portable speakers that you plug your phone into.

^^^^ Agreed^^^^
I actually use my phone every night for the sound machine app!. You can get a travel speaker for around 15 bucks and just make sure the charger is plugged in so you have a full cahrge int he morning and you are off to sleepy town ;)

Good Luck!

Elias1901
01-25-2013, 04:34 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions fellas! :alarm: