PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Half Marathon

NewDVCowner
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Well, I have just officially registered (and paid!) to run the half marathon in September. I'm really excited now, but also can't believe that I'm actually going to do this now.

My entire family has been working on losing weight and two sisters have registered to run the half as well. My brother and mom have registered for the 10k, they thought a half might be a bit too much for them.

I know I saw people saying they were getting ready for the marathon weekend. Has anyone else registered?

IwannabeinNarnia
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
How I wish I was able to run it! My best friend will be running it. She's doing the Dumbo Dare thingy were you run both the 10k and the 1/2.

Disney4us2
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
I need to register for our volunteer shift. Already have our studio at VGC booked.

I would love to have an Intercot meet with all those going to the Dl marathon.

cer
01-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Hey, off topic, but the Dumbo Dare is already sold out! When it came online at noon eastern time, it was already 80% full. In 2 and half hours it was full.

If you want to do any of the other races half or 10K get on it. Last I checked, the half was at 60%, the 10K at 90% full.

Christine
01-22-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm only doing the half. I registered at marathon weekend here at WDW a few weeks ago (wonder if that early registration is what contributed to the quick sellout?)
I was soooo tempted to do the dumbo double dare but I decided not to because it'll take another morning away from the parks & I want to enjoy every second I can of my FIRST trip to Disneyland!!

badkitty
01-22-2013, 08:13 PM
I signed up for the 10K. :thumbsup: I thought it would be fun to run the the inaugural 10K! I did the half last year and I don't think I'm ready for both. Too late now though even if I changed my mind. BTW, I just checked and the 10K is also sold out and the half is at 65%.

Good luck with your training everyone!

J9
01-22-2013, 08:54 PM
I signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare. I'm doing the Princess Half next month so I want a Coast to Coast Medal!

I lost 65 lbs last year and never ran anything, so I made it my goal to get 13 medals in 2013. How could I pass up the chance to knock out 4 of them in one weekend?! (Don't be fooled by my signature. I never finished the half in 2007 - I was too slow and had to take the bus of shame.)

Melanie
02-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I'll be there with my husband who is doing the Dumbo Double Dare and knocking out his Coast-to-Coast.

We should def try and get a quick ICOT meet together at some point that weekend.

Oh, and while the Disneyland 1/2 usually fills up quicker than most runDisney events, I do think this year with the addition of the Dumbo Double Dare and the ability to register at the Expos for the WDW Marathon Weekend and the Tink 1/2 at Disneyland, made it sell out that much quicker. First thing the first day of the WDW Marathon Expo, I went down and signed my hubby up while he picked up his race packet. We didn't want to take any chances. I was like 3rd in line, but by the time we left the Expo, the line wrapped around the runDisney booth.

like2workout
02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
i've also signed up. i've done the half and full marathons at dw several times, but this will be my first trip every to disneyland. can't wait.