PDA

View Full Version : Agent P in Epcot?

famlovesdisney
01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
We are heading to Disney in May and I thought I saw something about an Agent P adventure in Epcot. I haven't found a ton of information on it and was hoping someone who has experienced it can fill me in a little. My kids are 6 and 7 and love Phineas and Ferb so I thought they would like participate in the Agent P adventure. So my questions are: where do you go to start? How many different countries do the kids visit? Is it interactive or more of a paper and pencil activity? Are the ages of my kids (6 and 7) the right age group for this to hold their interest? Thanks for the help in planning!:mickey:

AgentC
01-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Your kids are the perfect age. My 4 and 7 year old love it. It is a little complicated for the 4 year old but perfect for the 7 year old.

There are various sites to sign up. There is one on the left along the main path from Future World to World Showcase.

One in the UK right before the path to the International Gateway. One in Norway and one in Italy (I think . It might be Germany)

You go to the site and they will give you a phone and assign the first country. The game is played in Mexico, Norway, Germany, China, Japan, France and the UK. (I think I got them all)

The phone plays video messages about the mission against Dr. D and directs you to find certain things within in each country. There is a special affect at each completed part of the mission. In between the mission part there are short scenes with Phineas and Ferb.

At the end of the mission , Dr D is defeated and you can choose to play another country.

It's lots of fun and takes you to see some parts of the countries you might normally pass by.

I would allot a minimum of 30 minutes to play each country.

Strmchsr
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM
They have kiosks up all over the place so it's easy to find a place to sign up and get started. They give you a little cell phone like device. The game is a bit like a scavenger hunt. Each location gives you a clue, you go to the place it tells you when you figure out the clue and then get a special surprise at that location. It's a lot of fun. Your boys might need a little help figuring out some of the clues, but I think they'd love it if they are P&F fans. I can't remember exactly how many countries are included in the game because they started with some and are expanding, but it's several.

And don't forget to do the P&F meet n greet at DHS. It's very cool.

famlovesdisney
01-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the responses! We have a boy 7 and a girl 6, but she loves agent P too! I think they will love this! It is 3 degrees in Chicago today so all of this Disney planning is helping me stay sane! Can't wait til May!

Keneva
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
We did this last Aug with our DD11 and DS7. We were sent to Norway and it is basically an interactive scavenger hunt. You will have to go with them for each step unless you don't mind your kids running around out of sight as it will take you everywhere in the country. We only got one phone between the two kids and they had a hard time sharing it. Bottom line-It was pretty cool even for me but you have to dedicate 1/2 to one full hour to it and it alone.
Pick a country close to the kiosk so you don't have to walk so far to start.:thumbsup:

Gator
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
This is a lot of fun for kids AND adults - if you watch the show. And the adventure in Germany has the funniest ending for the kids.

ginger19
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
When we did it in November, the phone buzzed automatically to tell my children that it was the other child's turn to hold the phone. Not one fight :)

We did the Norway one and they loved it :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
My DD11 and DD8 loved it......ok so did I. We had done Kim Possible as well and liked it but this was much better, maybe because we like the show so much. We thought France was the best. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Your kids are the perfect age. My 4 and 7 year old love it. It is a little complicated for the 4 year old but perfect for the 7 year old.

There are various sites to sign up. There is one on the left along the main path from Future World to World Showcase.

One in the UK right before the path to the International Gateway. One in Norway and one in Italy (I think . It might be Germany)

You go to the site and they will give you a phone and assign the first country. The game is played in Mexico, Norway, Germany, China, Japan, France and the UK. (I think I got them all)

The phone plays video messages about the mission against Dr. D and directs you to find certain things within in each country. There is a special affect at each completed part of the mission. In between the mission part there are short scenes with Phineas and Ferb.

At the end of the mission , Dr D is defeated and you can choose to play another country.

It's lots of fun and takes you to see some parts of the countries you might normally pass by.

I would allot a minimum of 30 minutes to play each country.

I just did this for the first time last Sunday with Cindy and her daughter. It was really fun with lots of activity and exploration in your country. It was a lot of fun!

Kenny1113
01-24-2013, 03:49 PM
My kids did this in Oct it was a lot of fun. They shared a phone as well and we had no issues either. The kids did several countries. I really enjoyed all the "surprises" :)

Kairi_7378
01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
My husband and son did this on our last trip. It was a little complicated for our 4 year old but he did fine with my husband's help. My husband had a ball. I liked it because it took us through a lot of areas we don't typically see.

I agree that Germany has the best ending :-)

famlovesdisney
01-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for all the responses! I always base things off of personal experience so your sharing has been very beneficial to our planning! We all love Agent P in this house so I think it will be a super fun activity for all four of us! I'm also excited to explore a little more in the various countries as well. Last time we had the kids at Epcot they were 3 and 4. They did like it, but now that they have done various country studies in school they are even more excited to explore and tell me their vast knowledge of each country! 102 days and counting!